Poll: Which playing positions define your rugby career?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Playing Positions

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Playing Positions

For those who have or still do play this great game, give us a run down of your playing positions.
    In the poll check the positions that you played regularly in and that define your career, rather than just a couple of stand in matches (like me as a Scrum Half )
    Feel free to elaborate further in the thread though!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    My very first rugby experience was at Loosehead in nine a side, which basically meant the two tallest biggest players were the front row with the Tighthead doubling as Hooker in a four man scrum.
    Into the fifteen a side world I was Second Row for the first three years and then moved to Number 8 in my first 1st XV season.
    In my senior year my prefered position was Blindside Flanker but in the ten match season I played every jersey from 4 through 9. I ended that year with the 6 jersey.
    My two matches at Scrum Half (definately wasn't a Half Back as I was bigger than most of my forwards!) were probably the most fun and the easiest to Captain from but I really enjoyed the offensive freedom at 8 and the defensive work load at 6, 7, & 8.
    I think if I had played on I would have had to bulk up to be a Prop or get even faster and settle at Openside Flanker as my playing weight/height would be 95-110kg and 6'1" (183cm?) depending on specific weights program etc.
    Either that or defy the doubters and continued on at Scrum Half to match the modern mould of a Kellaher etc!

vCash
    I've played time on both wings (usually 14 though) and occasionally played flyhalf but can't kick for distance (at all).. so the gameplan would be very much running rugby and the occasional chip over the top.

Haven't played since high school although I'm thinking about getting into a sport again.

vCash
    never played...Thanks for not leaving me out!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Wing when I started out at school and moved up to both centre positions. Wasn't a great player by any stretch of the imagination but enjoyed it. Played a bit after school but a fairly serious training incident where I hospitalized a team mate and concussed myself made me lose my confidence. Wish I'd carried on but didn't.

Just happy to be here

Both sides of the front row, both locking positions, blind side, 8 and even a couple of minutes (yes minutes) at open side.

All you rugby tragics who think its over, even before it began, maybe there is hope for you all.

The Kalamunda Firkin Fourths are always recruiting

Kalamunda Firkin Fourths

... on the 6th day God played rugby and on the 7th day he rested, because he was sore and a little hungover.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbull
    The Kalamunda Firkin Fourths are always recruiting
    Do they hand out free knees mate?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I once lined up for a run at right wing for the Katherine Lions in a trial match against the Katherine Golden Oldies. Apart from that I was always on the field carrying the water, picking up the Props when they were a little dazed and confused, holding up 3 fingers in front of eyes that were rolling around all over the place and saying "Do you see 3 Fingers Pete?" The Refs saying you gotta be kidding me as the Prop runs back to the huddle, of the opposition.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Until the end of school days I played 6, 7, and mostly 8 but on joining the Army found that I wasn't anywhere nearly big enough compared to my peers so moved back to 15 and became a big girl.

Apprentice
    vCash
    no full backs among us

vCash
    Played 4 or 5 during school. In colts moved to blindside flank where I still play.

Played single games at loosehead prop (!), wing (!!), and fullback (WTF?).

Do they hand out free knees mate?
    Every tight forward knows that joints run on being properly lubricated. Sorry we don't hand out knees but we have plenty of lubricant in little brown bottles.

... on the 6th day God played rugby and on the 7th day he rested, because he was sore and a little hungover.

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY Burgs!!!!!

At 32 you've got years of rugby ahead of you (glucosamine and nurofen, where would I be without them babies). Remember you stop now you've got at least 40 years ahead of you not playing.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Unfortunately due to distance I stopped fifteen years ago due to location, I don't believe in living with regrets but if I did that would be right up there as contender for the main one!
    I'll just have to wait a few years and pull on the coloured shorts every now and again
    Anyone for a TWF Golden Oldies team

Thanks for the bday wishes mate, been a pretty steady one but the paddocks are green and the steak machines are getting fat so it's all good

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    mmmmmmmmmmm steak machines (insert Homer Simpson drooling smiley here)

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast