Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bok hooker banned

vCash

Bok hooker banned

Springboks hooker Bismarck du Plessis has been suspended for three weeks for an incident in the Vodacom Tri Nations match between the All Blacks and Springboks at Carisbrook, Dunedin.

Du Plessis appeared before SANZAR Judicial Officer Kim Garling at the Otago RFU offices in Dunedin today, Sunday 13 July, after being cited by Citing Commissioner Dick Byres for 'contact with the eyes or eye area' of All Blacks flanker Adam Thomson in the 11th minute of the first half.

At the hearing Mr Garling viewed video footage of the incident, heard evidence from Du Plessis and received reports from the match referee and assistant referees.

Du Plessis was represented by legal counsel Robin Bates and Springboks manager Andy Marinos..............rest here

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    are you being serious!!!!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Good, he deserved it.

vCash
    if he is guilty then he must face the music if not then I hope someone in the inquiery's head will roll

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Guilty of eye gouging should be six weeks straight up. I don't care who or where anyone comes from. If Gits did it I would say the same thing.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Don't want to minimise this incident at all, if he's gone for the guys eye he deserves to be rubbed out but with
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Garling
    In delivering short reasons about the incident, Mr Garling said that “any action by a player in which fingers, a hand, or a knuckle comes into contact with the eye or eye area of a player is very serious and the IRB recommended penalties reflect that because of the potential for permanent damage to the sight of a player.”
    this in mind, Imanol Harinidorquoy had better retire, he's buggered after smashing the crap out of James Horwill's "eye or eye area"

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    are you being serious!!!!
    it sure looks like they are. I agree with Flame, eye gouging should be a straight six minimum

vCash
    Awesome news for Wallabies supporters although Brits is right there with him...

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    I only saw it once so far and I didn't see any "gouging". Relying on the statement from the judiciary there was none either. His fist was closed.

Having said that, even with a closed fist, eye damage is a possibility. It was a pretty severe facial but did not contact the eye. I doubt any malicious intent in this instance. Careless was the right description and with no priors and an immediate fess up, I think the penalty is over the top.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    they have a great replacement for him but i what to know who they are going to bring???

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I only saw it once so far and I didn't see any "gouging". Relying on the statement from the judiciary there was none either. His fist was closed.

Having said that, even with a closed fist, eye damage is a possibility. It was a pretty severe facial but did not contact the eye. I doubt any malicious intent in this instance. Careless was the right description and with no priors and an immediate fess up, I think the penalty is over the top.
    You must have a pretty narrow definition of gouging. I guess your definition is as narrow as the rulebooks, It looks to me like he was thinking of the rule while he was doing it. He definately went for the face with a bunch of knuckles and made contact with the eye. Three weeks is pretty good for this!

Glad you posted the video B&B I had obviously missed or forgotten this one from the telecast!

C'mon the

vCash
    Carelessly malicious with intent. While having a look at the video of last Saturday's incident, found another of Bismarck's handiwork.

YouTube - Bismarck du Plessis puts bloke on his arse

vCash
    Isn't he a gem?

C'mon the

vCash
    he deserved every single second hes got banned. that is not the kind of thing we need in rugby, and i dont want that at subi on saturday night! i think thats a fair ruling...

if that was a wallaby, i wouldnt want him on the field either!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast