Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AUSTRALIAN UNDER 20'S CAPTAIN TO SUIT UP FOR UNI IN ROUND 14 KWIK SENIOR RUGBY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
    But then again, Pally supporters will think otherwise. Last i heard, they were thinking of setting a fund up to buy you a uni shirt....
    even when Pally beat Bayswater the other week and their supporters were still complaining long after the final whistle have gone.
    Seems the only time they will be happy is if they can supply there own referee and tell him how to blow his whistle

We weren't happy with our second grade referee this weekend, but I do not blame him for the result. I blame ourself for not adapting to the referee's interpretation of the rules.

Just my 2 cents worth

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    fair points all round!!

good response ecky and good discussion.

does any action occur to the supporter who ran onto the field. rumour is that he was an "injured" player....

vCash
    i reckon he'd be suspended for a bit. and if the club's supporters ran on, they'd take away points from the club if it was serious.

Well said, Pieter. Though refs may have an effect on the score, they don't lose games for teams.

vCash
    Well well well, who'd have thought there's so many referee supporters out there in TWF-land?

I think my mission is finally bearing fruit! Thank you all for the discussion - I mentioned in the other thread that I was expecting both points of view to emerge and here they are.

Youse guys really make me proud sometimes Good on youse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
    i dont think its the referee's job to stop an onfield brawl. it is the captain's job to do it, and the referee is just there to blow the whistle to warn them to stop and also to penalise accordingly should foul play occur. Don't expect these guys to come in between 2 forward packs and stop a fight.
    Like what ecky said, the ref will be up with play, so if a niggle is happening behind play, he cant really see it while at the same time refereeing the game happening 20 m away. It's really the Assistant Referee's job to relay information on who through the first punch or the whole incident, and recommend a penalty if asked. From what it sounds like, I think Ecky's back was turned when the brawl happened and thus, i think it was the AR's call on who did what. And unfortunately, the AR made the wrong call and also did an unprofessional thing in showing the finger. To my understanding, he has been cited and has to front a referee's panel. Though the ref's panel tends to be highly supportive of its referees and tends to go easy on them, i do hope that they will make a good decision in taking appropriate action. After all, we dont want all the junior referees thinking its fine to pull a finger during a game should a spectator say something wrong!

Although alot of the uni spectators weren't too keen on you picking on Bam in the breakdown (it was a bit too harsh, and prob misinterpretation of the new laws), most felt it was a good game to watch.
    But then again, Pally supporters will think otherwise. Last i heard, they were thinking of setting a fund up to buy you a uni shirt....
    (1) There isn't a referee's panel - it is the RWA judiciary. They occasionally invite the ref to put foward his/her view, but on the vast majority of occasions they take the ref's written report. Not that there was a written report as it was a sin bin, not a send off. But we (ARs & I) have been asked to provide more written info. Weren't told whether it was for a hearing or not.

(2) I have been saying in this forum for years that there are some folk (Richie McCaw) who seem to get away with stuff and that I don't reckon they'd get away with it in my game. I don't think I was "picking on Bam" - it's just that he was in the play a hell of a lot. If he can't support his own weight on his feet then I will ping him. If he doesn't release the ball then I will ping him. He was exceptional at going to ground (when tackled) and putting a long place out, thus giving Uni the "go forward". On most occasions. Not always. Not even he can hold on to it or play it while off his feet.

(3) I am 1 from 2 with Uni this year so I don't reckon a Uni shirt is necessary just yet...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    even when Pally beat Bayswater the other week and their supporters were still complaining long after the final whistle have gone.
    Seems the only time they will be happy is if they can supply there own referee and tell him how to blow his whistle

We weren't happy with our second grade referee this weekend, but I do not blame him for the result. I blame ourself for not adapting to the referee's interpretation of the rules.

Just my 2 cents worth
    Funnily enough Pieter, your ref from Saturday is probably very well liked at Paly as he reffed them when they played PB 1sts! And that game last Sat was his first back down in 2nds for ages - he's been in 1sts since your Paly game.

Apprentice
    vCash
    fulvio, any word on who this mystry supporter is......

enlighten us

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Fulvio is pleading the fifth

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I've split this thread up - new thread "Will Force players decide who makes finals"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2