Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Australia A too good for Tonga

vCash
    I suppose there's two schools of thought - I'm in the one that had a great day despite the one sided performance on the ground. North Sydney Oval has a real charm to it, feels just like your sitting in the members at the SCG (well, what I imagine it would feel like).

The 6817 who showed up were a great rugby crowd. There were tons of kids mostly dressed in the latest Wallabies jerseys. It couldn't have been any further away from a crowd of ringings if you tried. It's good to see them supporting the local stronghold of Rugby in a competitive marketplace, plus they're will no doubt be a flow on effect at the Wallabies v France next weekend and our home Bledisloe as well.

There are many places I'd like to see the game expanded, top of my list would be ARC style games at Coffs Harbour, Newcastle, Nowra, Woolongong. Population centres that already have a local Union comp, and in many cases also have an NRL team.

The other school of thought is to put a one off game in places that have a small following and give them another game in 3 years time. I really can't see Melbourne being sustainable without a Super team based there - since the 4th team is in Perth, we should be concentrating on the purple dollar.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    And Gosford. Bluetongue pretty much rocks

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, even on telly you got a sense of the relaxed party feel that has kind of gone missing at the top level. If there was more of it, in places that don't normally get the opportunity, you could almost see it becoming more popular than the big tests - afternoon rugby, and take the whole family along because you don't need to mortgage the house.

vCash
    exactly - entry was $15 and you could sit wherever you want.

plus the Wallabies showed up for the pre-match meet the public which was a good touch, and they had those massive inflateable arm waving dudes like on the Toohey's New add but Gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    since the 4th team is in Perth, we should be concentrating on the purple dollar.
    Maybe we should name our new rectangular stadium/accompanying bar this:

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Isnt that bar in Shangai?

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    Try of the day was Drews pickup at pace off the ground 20m surge through 4 defenders and score, now thats skill!!
    has the repeat been on yet?? i cant BELIEVE my recorder shut down after the first 30 minutes i must see the try of the dayyy!!!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I suppose there's two schools of thought - I'm in the one that had a great day despite the one sided performance on the ground. North Sydney Oval has a real charm to it, feels just like your sitting in the members at the SCG (well, what I imagine it would feel like).

The 6817 who showed up were a great rugby crowd. There were tons of kids mostly dressed in the latest Wallabies jerseys. It couldn't have been any further away from a crowd of ringings if you tried. It's good to see them supporting the local stronghold of Rugby in a competitive marketplace, plus they're will no doubt be a flow on effect at the Wallabies v France next weekend and our home Bledisloe as well.

There are many places I'd like to see the game expanded, top of my list would be ARC style games at Coffs Harbour, Newcastle, Nowra, Woolongong. Population centres that already have a local Union comp, and in many cases also have an NRL team.

The other school of thought is to put a one off game in places that have a small following and give them another game in 3 years time. I really can't see Melbourne being sustainable without a Super team based there - since the 4th team is in Perth, we should be concentrating on the purple dollar.
    sounds like a good day out, and i'm not having a go at ya moses. All im saying is that the ARU has a prime chance to grow the game here in the west. The average punter on the street can't get into a game of AFL at Subiaco Oval at the moment. I had to line up for 3 hours to get my tickets for West Coast vs Sydney this month.

6/7 Super 14 games is allright but it's done by the start of May. The next game is the Wallabies Test vs Sth Africa July 19th. Last game as well since the ARU canned the ARC last year

Would be cool if the ARU were actually keen to grow the game nationally instaed of looking after Sydney/Brisbane, which i will acknowldge are the heartland areas. They put a Super 14 side here for a reason, to grow the game, eventually we wil start producing more players we've already seen a couple come through.

And the fact that were all starved of some decent Rugby action over here

vCash
    i missed the repeat?

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea View Post
    Isnt that bar in Shangai?
    Probably, I saw it on a website about crazy Asian to English translations...

vCash
    There is a short highlights package on GreenandGold
    It's got Mitchell's pickup try in there

http://greenandgoldrugby.blogspot.co...tions-cup.html

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

vCash
    Looking at those highlights it seems Tonga was more abysmal then Australia A was dominant, look at all the missed tackles, that's just lack of technique more then anything...it will be interesting to see if some of the Australia A players keep up this form when playing the Maori's or if some get a Wallaby call up....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    sounds like a good day out, and i'm not having a go at ya moses. All im saying is that the ARU has a prime chance to grow the game here in the west. The average punter on the street can't get into a game of AFL at Subiaco Oval at the moment. I had to line up for 3 hours to get my tickets for West Coast vs Sydney this month.
    6/7 Super 14 games is allright but it's done by the start of May. The next game is the Wallabies Test vs Sth Africa July 19th. Last game as well since the ARU canned the ARC last year
    Would be cool if the ARU were actually keen to grow the game nationally instaed of looking after Sydney/Brisbane, which i will acknowldge are the heartland areas. They put a Super 14 side here for a reason, to grow the game, eventually we wil start producing more players we've already seen a couple come through.
    And the fact that were all starved of some decent Rugby action over here
    I agree with you - I think a solid strategy would be to concentrate on the established markets of Sydney and Brisbane, in addition to growing a third stronghold. They need to make a choice if this third market is Melbourne or Perth. I feel the danger of going for both is with the limited number of games it'll be spread too thin, and we'll lose followers in both areas. With a Super team in Perth, I can't understand them putting Bledisloe's in Melbourne... and if Sydney fans are happy to fly to Melbourne to watch Ireland, surely Victorian fans would fly to Sydney.

vCash
    Vote 1 for Green And Gold Rugby.. Worlds greatest rugby blogger

(See sig)

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    thankyou gagr

WTF it says drew got a hatrick!!

naw, hes a legend. 'and drew mitchell lets robbie deans know hes BACK from injury! WOOOO!!! '

wanna brag bout tahu any more?? but from that lil clip, he did have a good game

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3