Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Australia A too good for Tonga

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    so my mate drews almost a wallaby?? YAAAAYYYY!!! i hate tvs that stop recording after half an hour... does anyone know when the repeat is on? what position did drew come on as... if it was fullback i will SCREAM!!! (im full of questions!!!)
    It was hard to tell, according to the numbers he replaced the right winger, but both of the best runs he took were down the left wing....Maybe it was because the game was over and the backs were just mucking around in the second half, but number 15 and 11 remained on the field, so I'd suggest he was put on a wing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Stephen Hoiles got four tries!! Digby with 2.. Drew with 2.. NORTON-KNIGHT AHAHAHA. sorry. Wow so many tries and i missed the game. if anyone knows the replay time on foxtel please let me know

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Don't know that this match is going to be enough to improve anybody's chances of Wallaby selection, there's not going to be a lot of respect for a team that goes down by 83 points even if they played well while doing it.
    Don't know about that - the passing was very slick and fluent, there were very nice patterns run, there was aggression at the breakdown and they didn't let up...all the things you want to see. Doesn't matter who the opposition is, the skills on display were excellent. The only question would maybe be in defence, simply because it wasn't significantly tested.

In the absence of an ARC, I'm hoping we see more use made of Aus A as a development tool and means of keeping the players in waiting busy. Todays game would certainly given Deans some stuff to think on and a few incumbent Wallabies a reason to look over their shoulder. In the end though, it'll be the game against NZMaori that will tell the tale.

vCash
    Tahu impressed me the most, other players that had a great game were Norton Knight (although i though he was a little to selfish at times), Mitchell -he'll definitely take Hynes spot this weekend! Ioane (theres a song that reminds me of him - here comes the quickstepper... murderous!!!!) Hoiles & McMeniman

guys that failed to impress - Turner, Turinui, Halangahu, Carraro, Salvi, Ulugia, Alexander... too pedestrian in the scheme of things.

Try of the day was Drews pickup at pace off the ground 20m surge through 4 defenders and score, now thats skill!!

Last edited by zimeric; 23-06-08 at 09:09.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post

In the absence of an ARC, I'm hoping we see more use made of Aus A as a development tool and means of keeping the players in waiting busy.
    Good point, Andy. I'd also like to see some of the matches at MES. Pretty sure we could do a whole lot better than the 6000-odd who could be bothered to turn out at North Sydney.

OTOH there were 70,000 at Telstra Stadium to watch the Socceroos reserve grade play a match that didn't matter. That giant is well and truly waking up.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    ARU will probably pull out "Perth isn't anywhere the pacific ocean". They really should look to playing an Australia A game in Perth or Adelaide. I know they claim to be supporting the "heartland" but they should be looking to grow the game. The only test in Sydney that they put the "house full" sign up for is a Bledisloe cup game, and thats probably because 30,000 kiwis rock up
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Good point, Andy. I'd also like to see some of the matches at MES. Pretty sure we could do a whole lot better than the 6000-odd who could be bothered to turn out at North Sydney.

OTOH there were 70,000 at Telstra Stadium to watch the Socceroos reserve grade play a match that didn't matter. That giant is well and truly waking up.
    The ground was probably 80-90% full, reckon they'd really struggle to get 10k in North Sydney. Still, it's an awesome ground and I wish they'd play more games there. Had the ticketing been a bit better organised they probably would have got more in. Regardless, I think they only got 3k to Aus A v Tonga last year in a rain affected match, so perhaps there's more for North Sydney in the future. Lets hope so.

Quite a few went to this game then straight on to the soccer.

vCash
    I went to the soccer. It was stupid. But I had a few beers though. That was nice

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    ARU will probably pull out "Perth isn't anywhere the pacific ocean". They really should look to playing an Australia A game in Perth or Adelaide. I know they claim to be supporting the "heartland" but they should be looking to grow the game. The only test in Sydney that they put the "house full" sign up for is a Bledisloe cup game, and thats probably because 30,000 kiwis rock up
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Good point, we'll be sure to host some Indian Nations Cup matches in Perth.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    I went to the soccer. It was stupid. But I had a few beers though. That was nice
    What are the Soccer hotties like??

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Harry Kewell is kinda good looking. Massively built too, which the ladies and lads like. He is a bit of a sook though. Pulled a good dive move so the Roma scouts will be happy with him.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    nice to see you pick up on the scarcasm instead of the actual point moses.

Just because you Sydneysiders don't support your teams. Like i said the only reason the Bledisloe in Sydney sells out is because 30,000 kiwis show up. What were the Waratahs crowds like in 07? They looked fairly ordinary this year as well, and they couldn't even sell out a semi final. You lot aren't even bandwagon supporters because you don't turn up even when your teams are winning. Sydney Swans crowds are probably bigger then tahs crowds. You'd think a decent crowd would take any chance they get to their national side, i'd kill to see the Wallabies more then once in person (without the aid of a powerfull set of binoculars)
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    they have cheerleaders at the Perth Glory Flame, shame the teams shithouse
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Rugby-Australia A and New Zealand Maori win again
    Reuters - June 22, 2008, 6:57 pm

SYDNEY, June 22 (Reuters) - Australia A and New Zealand Maori maintained their unbeaten start to the 2008 Pacific Nations Cup with contrasting wins in this weekend's third round.

The Australians, boosted by the availability of several Wallabies, crushed Tonga 90-7 in Sydney on Sunday while New Zealand Maori defeated Samoa 17-6 in Hamilton on Saturday.

Fiji chalked up their second win of the tournament with a 24-12 win over Japan in Tokyo on Sunday to retain third place in the competition.

Japan are fourth with one win from three matches with Samoa fifth, courtesy of a single bonus point, and Tonga last.

more...Rugby-Australia A and New Zealand Maori win again Australian Sport - Yahoo!7 Sport

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    The ground looked pretty full so I have little argument with that. But I still think they need to look outside the normal areas - not so much here (although it would be nice) but Canberra, Adelaide and doubtless a few others would be deserving seeing as they are not likely to get a major test meatch anytime soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast