Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: post match views, force and chiefs....

vCash
    The boys took a backward step last night for sure.

Mckay, Ioane, Pelesasa, Graham, Peden, Stapleton. All backs. All unavailable.

It's perhaps understandable the backline is having major problems. Established teams can carry injuries much better than one in their 3rd outing still searching for cohesion. I wouldn't condemn Brock James on one bad game last night. He hasn't had the best service so far. But I suppose the coach may give some thought to playing O'Young and Daruda in the halves in Brisbane. At least they'll have a bit more strike power sitting outside them.

I've said all along that if they managed 3 wins in the first year in such a strong competition i'd be more than pleased. I think they need to win at least 1 on the road to do that now.

Keep yer chins up - Go the Force!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Two steps forward, one step back ...

No need to comment much on last nights game - more farce than force, but they are OUR farce and I am sticking by them. I remain somewhat optomistic that even if they didn't perform well for a significant portion of the game, they walk away with experience they can learn from.

2 steps forward, one step back is still ultimately moving forward....

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Rookie Contributor spankytheking's Avatar
    vCash
    a pretty crap one tho LoL

just coz we're saying it was crap doesnt mean we wont stick with them

if that were the case my sig would have changed by now LoL

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    No need to comment much on last nights game - more farce than force, but they are OUR farce and I am sticking by them. I remain somewhat optomistic that even if they didn't perform well for a significant portion of the game, they walk away with experience they can learn from.

2 steps forward, one step back is still ultimately moving forward....
    I am sticking by them.

I tell people who whinge.

What would you rather?

Have a team that loses every game?

Or live in Melbourne that doesn't even have the Super 14.

For me the first one wins hands down.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Heard it said that the Force are the Freo Dockers of the Super 14.

But that's O.K.

I've supported the Dockers since they started too.

At least the Force's coaching staff appear to be realistic in their post match assessments.

Which is more than some of the Docker's coaches have been.

But I'll be there at the next home game...screaming myself hoarse.

Again.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Welsh boyo
    hey Enforcer were you sitting in the third tier?

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    yup...a dissapointing effort..and I am sure the players and coaching staff are very dissapointed....

I'll be there in 3 weeks and getting back to my Queensland roots and boo'ing a waratah...

vCash
    I hope we do not become discouraged by the recent performance of only two of the Force players. James and Henjak have the responsibility of holding pivital, match-winning, positions in the team. I remember the days when Percy Montgomery used to get crucified by the South African Media for every mistake he made, and it nearly cost him his career! James and Henjak are only going to get better, especially with all the opportunities they are being given and the huge support base they have in Perth! It is important that we remain positive and supportive.

It is a testament to the talent and determination of the other players that the Force have not yet had any cricket scores against them. The Force might be at the bottom of the ladder, but they have shown that they will not be overwhelmed by any of the other teams. With the outstanding players in the Force team behind them, Henjak and James might yet grow to become the best players in the game! Who knows?

Go the Force!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    OK, Farce was probably the wrong term, I just liked the alliteration...

I have no doubt that they all were trying their guts out, and I know everyone has a bad day now and then, it was just unfortunate that we didn't see as many glimpses of what the future holds as we had seen in the previous 5 matches.

Go the Force!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmember
    I hope we do not become discouraged by the recent performance of only two of the Force players. James and Henjak have the responsibility of holding pivital, match-winning, positions in the team. I remember the days when Percy Montgomery used to get crucified by the South African Media for every mistake he made, and it nearly cost him his career! James and Henjak are only going to get better, especially with all the opportunities they are being given and the huge support base they have in Perth! It is important that we remain positive and supportive.

It is a testament to the talent and determination of the other players that the Force have not yet had any cricket scores against them. The Force might be at the bottom of the ladder, but they have shown that they will not be overwhelmed by any of the other teams. With the outstanding players in the Force team behind them, Henjak and James might yet grow to become the best players in the game! Who knows?

Go the Force!
    Hey for a yappie (not sure if that is how it is spelt) you're making some sense.....

Just happy to be here

vCash
    I guess enough has been said about the woeful performance of the backs, but I do think it is worth pointing out that the forwards are playing some great rugby at the moment.

- Lineouts were solid. Managed to turnover a few Chief's throws and disrupt a lot more that we didn't get.
    - Sharpie had a great game on Friday I thought. I can remember him putting on some very big hits in broken play.
    - David Fitter pushed two Chiefs off a ruck to turn the ball over.
    - The ball generally went further through forward play near the ruck than it did in backline moves.

Definitely worth having a bit more patience and maybe keeping it in the forwards for at least two or three phases to soak up defenders.

What does everyone think?

vCash
    Absolutely right Niggle... I thought the forwards, Sharpie in particular played very well. I think that nothing went our way in the last 20 minutes even for the forwards that left us all feeling lower than normal. I thought that Canon also had a good game. The only negative I think is that I felt that we might have taken 2 steps forward but we took 3 back on firday night.

But then I watched the doco on channel 10 (well the last 10 minutes) on sat arvo and it reminded me how young we are and we have so far still to go.

So c'mon the Force and we will be there in person at Suncorp to cheer you on in two weeks win, lose or draw till we have lost our voice.

vCash
    the over optimism from some members of twf is laughable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Welsh boyo
    the over optimism from some members of twf is laughable.
    So, what you going to do IWB, give up on them, tell them their useless until they believe you, sell your membership on E-bay and switch allegiance to satisfy your need to win.

You don't get anywhere by being negative my friend.

Last edited by The EnForcer; 27-02-06 at 15:28.
    Just happy to be here

vCash
    I agree that the boys had a shocker on the weekend and looked bad... But it was one game...
    Have a look at the Crusaders, they looked absolutely shocking this weekend. The difference is that they have been playing together for years and have the depth and poise to handle the situation and pull out a win.
    Very few teams have that. And we cant expect the Force to have that in their 3rd match together especially in a back line that hasn't even had 1 match together.

So the boys looked bad this week. They also looked bloody good in the previous 2 weeks. Once we get some stability and continuity in the back line, and the boys are able to start working on their combinations I think we will be fine. We have a great set of forwards and some genuine young talent in the backs, I think all the doom and gloom after one poor game is well and truly premature.

Mitchell will sort the boys out, they all know that they played poorly and that they need to improve. I think you will see a different team in 2 weeks to the one you saw on friday. Not neccessarily personnel wise but their attitude.

Of course it will need to be because they are playing the side that plays with more passion and heart than any other in the competition.

Between now and then why dont we try and stay positive and make sure we support the team not try and drag them down. Criticism is fine if its constructive, but true supporters stick by their team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Incompetent isn't the right word... But its the first one that comes to mind.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast