Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tialata To Face Judiciary over Haylett-Petty Tackle

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    Why hasn't young Piri been cited?

Why weren't Wepu and Tiailata carded at the time???????????????

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    But his head wasnt in a different position, it was no where near...Tialata isn't an amateur, he would have known what he was doing, and by his form I'd say he is a bit of a WWE fan.

If Tialata gets a large suspension I will know that rugby has turned into a powder puff game...did you see how much effort he put into the slam? It wasn't like a spear tackle into the ground that your Digby Ioane's do, it was more of a showing the young boys 'Welcome to the Super 14', and because of the differing sizes he didn't once look like he was putting Dane in any danger. We get rattled by rough play, that is our problem and the Canes know that.
    Tialata lifted Dane over his own head so he didn't actually see where he was putting him down and he has a fair history of recorded dodgy playing without having to bring up things he got off for. Players who repeatedly offend need very, very strict punishment or else they will think they can get away with that kind of stuff. There is an incredibly fine line between something overly rough and serious injury.

Take a look at Rua Tipoki's elbow to Hilgendorf back in 2006. He thought he'd get away with it and he probably thought it wouldn't do as much damage as it did. Wrong on both counts- a sixteen week suspension for fracturing an eye socket. Now I'm no doctor but surely if the hit was even worse it could have done permanent damage to Hilgendorf's eyesight and appearance. People in NZ moaned about the suspension but it was very apt because otherwise he'd do it again. Give a bugger and inch and he'll take a metre.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    i think 1 or 2 weeks is fair

That was a cheap shot, he thinks he is so tough chucking the smallest player on the field over his head when he had his back turned to him.

vCash
    stupid what he did!
    poor dane

vCash
    i dont think he should play finals if the canes make it, that was just uncalled for, he could have REALLY hurt dane...

vCash

SANZAR Judicial decision deferred – Neemia Tialata

It has been advised that the finding in the SANZAR Judicial hearing of Hurricanes player Neemia Tialata has been deferred until tomorrow.

Tialata appeared before SANZAR Judicial Officer Chris Morris today after being cited for a dangerous tackle in the Rebel Sport Super 14 match between the Hurricanes and Western Force at Westpac Stadium in Wellington on Friday 9 May.

Tialata was cited by Citing Commissioner Steve Hinds for a dangerous tackle on Western Force player Dane Haylett-Petty in the 73rd minute of the match.

Judicial Officer Chris Morris said as a result of extensive evidence at the hearing, the finding would be deferred until tomorrow, Tuesday 13 May.

Hopefully everybody might not of forget by then and he won't get away with it!!!!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "Extensive evidence"???? WTF!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    it was a stupid tackle, if Dane's head was anywhere else he may have been stretchered off.

Just because no one is hurt doesnt mean you don't deserve to cop a suspension.

Dangerous play is dangerous play

Champion
    vCash
    Can someone please describe to me why Digby gets 4 weeks for a "dangerous tackle" (and was in play) and the Hurricanes prop gets 1 week for a "wrestling dangerous tackle" (when the play was stopped)...

Getting about as consitent as the GAYFL tribunal...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Can someone please describe to me why Digby gets 4 weeks for a "dangerous tackle" (and was in play) and the Hurricanes prop gets 1 week for a "wrestling dangerous tackle" (when the play was stopped)...

Getting about as consitent as the GAYFL tribunal...
    Sucks hey Benny? I just can't believe that the tribunal actually believed he didn't do it on purpose. It was clear as day that Dane didn't have the ball and what the result would be if he picked him up. I'm sure karma will kick in though and the Hurricanes will end up losing to the Blues.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Hurricanes prop blown away
    By staff writers

May 13, 2008 THE Hurricanes will be without prop Neemia Tialata for Friday's crucial Super 14 clash with the Blues after the prop was suspended by the New Zealand judiciary.

Tialata was banned for one match for a dangerous tackle during his side's 21-10 win over Western Force in round 13.

Neemia admitted his tackle on Dane Haylett-Petty had been poorly executed, but had stressed it was accidental and no malice was intended.

Victory over the Blues in Auckland on Friday will guarantee the Hurricanes a home semifinal.

Hurricanes prop blown away - Rugby - Fox Sports

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Neemia admitted his tackle on Dane Haylett-Petty had been poorly executed, but had stressed it was accidental and no malice was intended.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    See, it's not his fault that a puny winger was in his way, he didn't know his own strength!

vCash
    thats SO stupid. the next guy he comes across will be carted off the field with a broken neck. ONE WEEK!

vCash
    they reduced it because you could see that he realised where dane was and tried to slow his momentum through the air and place him on his back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast