Thread: Digby Out

vCash

Digby Out

I have it on good authority that Digby is out for the weekends game with an ankle injury!

The rugby gods are not smiling on us at the moment... Hopefully the boys can turn it on in the face of adveristy... And 30,000 screaming Force fans.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    You've got to be kidding. I bloody well hope there's a team left by the time I fly over for the Tahs game. I'm not coming all that way for a forfeit.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The official line on TV last night was that he will be given until the Captains run Rodent, do you believe you source superseeds that?
    Be very sad if it does as Ioane has been playing fantastic rugby in my opinion and I was looking forward to watching him again with perhaps more opportunities this week.
    It was certainly a very painful looking injury he sustained last week and on the footage I was suprised he was allowed to play on.
    I think Tajhon Smallman-Mailata is the only fit outside back left in the Open Squad so Mitch may be looking into the Apprentices again to Gavin DeBartolo, although I'm not sure if he's back fit yet either?
    Sounds like the bye might be coming just at the right time to regroup and start again for the Force!

vCash
    According to Dave Hughes in todays WestOz he has 'till Friday morning but is only a 20% chance. Our CEO has had to suspend negotiations for a possible replacemant for Rudi Vedalago because of the injury crisis in the backs.

I read recently where he was planning to query why the Force had to contribute two Wallabies to the 7's when all the others are only having to release 1. Surely there's a case for Cam Shepherd to be available for the NSW match in light of the injury toll. Prvided he's happy with that, of course.

vCash
    Digby has been the standout in our backs for the first 2 games. From what I was told he is not playing this week, he has damaged the ligaments in his ankle, if thats the case you would rather that he take the week off to give him 2 full weeks to recover.

It sucks though as I see this weekend as a real chance to put our first win on the board.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Shit, shit, shit.....man we're not having a good run of luck.

Don't be disheartened though. I was down at the shop yeterday and the guys were saying that they are really hyped about Friday......I guess they wouldn't say anything else but there definately was an air of condfidence.

Go The Force

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    As commented elsewhere on TWF though, all fantastic exposure for next season for the young fellas coming through. Short term pain has been oft quoted!
    Although he may have scored the resulting tries, if we are going to win this week it will come from areas other than the wing so don't lose heart. I'm more dissapointed that I won't get to see him play rather than the effect on the XV.
    I agree with shasta re the Commonwealth Games squad, considering our injuries and the Reds having the bye, there has to be a good case for Shepherd staying put and looking at Mitchell to replace him?

Prospect
    vCash
    Sorry to post my first submission with a rotten cliché, but talk about a baptism of fire! Is Charlie Gardiner going to open a new ward for all these poor buggers? God bless their on-field enthusiasm but oh dear.

I think Mitchell was quoted a few months ago that he wouldn't mind giving John Connolly a few tips in his role as Wallaby coach, now looks like Connolly could be quite useful to the Force instructing in the subtleties of 10 man rugby now that our impressive forward pack is going to have to be asked to both plough and sow.

But seriously folks, for all those young players that went West in search of starting spots in top fuel rugby, their wishes have come true fast than they could have believed.

Lucky devils, I wish I was barely out of my teens and having to stare up at international rep level oncoming traffic. (Note sarcasm)

vCash

CWealth Games Selection

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    As commented elsewhere on TWF though, all fantastic exposure for next season for the young fellas coming through. Short term pain has been oft quoted!
    Although he may have scored the resulting tries, if we are going to win this week it will come from areas other than the wing so don't lose heart. I'm more dissapointed that I won't get to see him play rather than the effect on the XV.
    I agree with shasta re the Commonwealth Games squad, considering our injuries and the Reds having the bye, there has to be a good case for Shepherd staying put and looking at Mitchell to replace him?
    I'm pretty sure Mitchell was already in the team, he and Latham were selected from the reds. Seems strange that they would select 2 players from the Force and only one from the 2 strongest Australian teams in the Super 14...

Is there a conspiracy afoot?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The current selection for Melbourne is:
    Scott Fava- Force
    Josh Gamgee
    Matt Giteau- Brumbies
    Chris Latham- Reds
    Luke Inman
    Shawn Mackay
    Tom McVerry- Reds
    Damon Murphy
    Nick Reily
    Cameron Shepherd- Force
    Lote Tuqiri- Waratahs
    Brendan Williams

Ella was allowed to negotiate one starting player and one squad player from each side however, by definition Shepherd will no longer be a squad selection.
    I believe that the Super 14 Coaches have the final say so it may be that we have to put another player forward from the more junior ranks if required.
    Also I think I read somewhere that the players will b absent for two rounds as they go into camp the weekend before and the Finals are too close to the next round.
    The Reds are on the bye that weekend so surely they should be the ones to put forward any extra players?
    The Force play the Tahs at Subiaco the same day as the Finals and we play the Reds in Brisbane the week before. The Brumbies are over in Auckland on the day after the Finals.
    Del or even Mat Rogers may be available too....

vCash
    Send Dell out there. He is always saying that he wants to the ball in space. Sevens just might be the answer. Unless they drug test everyone before they can get into the Games Village. He might just struggle to pass that. More importantly though he might not be allowed in as there is no room big enough to fit his ego.