Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wanneroo Win

vCash

Wanneroo Win

Wanneroo 55-11 Rockingham ..................(aslo wins to wanneroo 2nd,4th and 5th grade)

Wanneroo won their first home game for a few years today thrashing rockingham 55-11. It was a close first half, roodogs went into the break leading 13-11 but stormed home in the second half to a well deserved win. Both teams were very good at the start but towards the end wanneroo took control. Things will only get better though for the roodogs with the return of Junior Pelesasa and James Hilgendorf soon after the break.

Chris O'young made his wanneroo debut today and i think he got 2 trys.

How did the other games go today, i think i heard something about soaks winning a game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    A Kalamunda team featuring Wallaby wing Drew Mitchell staked an early claim on the premiership race with a tightly contested 36-23 win over premiers Perth-Bayswater at Pat O’Hara Reserve today in the RugbyWA club competition, sponsored by KWIK Crane and Transport.

In an exciting, dramatic match the Bulls opened up a big early lead with three electrifying tries in the first 18 minutes but the tenacious Perth-Bayswater team fought back using their aggressive forward pack and came within a converted try of stealing the game, but Kalamunda wrapped up the contest with a runaway try on the bell.

The game started at lightning pace and Kalamunda scored after six minutes, starting from a lineout on their goal line, surging the length of the field with sizzling runs by both wings, and finishing when number 8 Cruze Ah-nu surged over for the try. Flanker Kyle Skiba converted from a wide angle for an early 7-0 lead.

Kalamunda started to dominate territory and scored again, the backs racing up from halfway after a midfield ruck, prop Sui Liaga eventually clinching the try in the corner. From the kick off the ball went wide and wing Dion Berryman outflanked the defence for the simplest of tries in the corner. Skiba’s sideline conversion by was successful and at 19-0 the match looked all but over after 18 minutes. The Bulls were sharp, focused and urgent while the premiers' struggled to get their combinations working.

However, Kalamunda lost Ah-nu to the sin bin for repeated infringements and Perth-Bayswater lock Jock Stanley slotted the 30 metre penalty from the middle of the park. With a new focus, Perth-Bayswater worked back, flyhalf Nathan McCort kicking long for a lineout five metes out. The forwards drove up and rolled over the line, hooker Adam Morris claiming the try. The sideline conversion bounced off the posts but the premiers had hope at 19-8 after 28 minutes.

Perth-Bayswater stayed on attack, hammering Kalamunda's line with pick and drive rucks but Kalamunda escaped and the premiers had to settle for a difficult penalty kick to Stanley after a head high tackle, to trail 19-11 going into the break.

Play was mixed as the second half opened and Mitchell took the field. Perth-Bayswater's control of the set pieces kept them going forward and their swarming loose play disrupted the Bulls’ continuity.

But from a penalty after 12 minutes the ball went wide for the Bulls and Mitchell fed reserve flanker Brent Walker for a try in the corner. The conversion missed but Kalamunda remained well ahead at 24-11.

Despite the setback, Perth-Bayswater kept at their task. The forwards rumbled up and assaulted Kalamunda's line, Morris scoring his second from a rolling maul after 22 minutes.

At 24-16 the game was wide open and the premiers camped in Kalamunda’s 22, straining the defence with forward charges and quick rucks. But Kalamunda’s dangerous backs broke midfield and passed wide where Mitchell flew 40 metres to score in the corner.

The thriller contest continued with the premiers straight back onto attack, the forwards driving up driving up for Western Force number eight Scott Fardy to lope over for the try beside the posts. Fardy converted from in front as the all action, high scoring game again hung in the balance at 29-23.

The Black pressure was overwhelming and Kalamunda was again under stress when the home side gained an attacking scrum on the 22 with time almost up. But the Bulls sealed a fine display by stealing tighthead ball and racing over half way, then passing wide for Berryman to outflank the defence and run 50 metres to score under the posts. Skiba converted to wrap up an outstanding display of rugby from the competition’s top two sides.

In other games, Associates upset fourth-placed Nedlands 29-15 at the Foreshore, sixth-placed Cottesloe edged fifth-placed Wests-Subiaco edged 28-27 at Harvey Field, Rockingham slipped to fourth place with a stunning 55-11 loss to 2008 quiet achievers Wanneroo at Kingsway, and in the battle of the cellar dwellers University scored their first win of the season 79-7 over a struggling Palmyra at McGilivray Oval.

(from the force site)

vCash
    Really really pleased to hear they won - they beat Associates a couple of weeks ago as well without Jimmy, Junior and COY.

Why was COY in Wanneroo - he was supposed to be in Paly ???????

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    it was a bit of a suprize but apparently we got him over today.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    dang

vCash
    Didn't know Fardy can kick - useful stuff

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    anyone know how young gun james o'connor went for cott?

vCash
    Good report Robyn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    anyone know how young gun james o'connor went for cott?
    Strange game - neither team looked all that flash and both made quite a number of "unforced errors".

O'Connor was, imho, solid without starring. As was Haylett-Petty at 15. H-P was more impressive. Didn't see AJ. Shame, as someone needed to help the scrum out.

"Shave" Dave Pusey played for Wests (again) and went ok. Kiti Fuluna played rool well.

vCash
    What the Hell? Hodgeo, Sita, Chicken, Chrisso, Junior and Jimmy all play for Wanneroo?

Does anybody from Wanneroo play for Wanneroo?

C'mon the

vCash
    howd your little fella go yesterday gigs?

vCash
    Not a good day for the Rocky guys against Wanneroo who played well.
    But Rocky will continue to field home grown players and bring their juniors through.
    No Force players for us, the powers that be have seen to that.
    We were a little undermanned yesterday, with five key players missing.
    No excuses, we have learned to roll with it over the years.
    Congrats to Wanneroo who have been on the end of a lot of crap over the years, and now look to be coming good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20
    What the Hell? Hodgeo, Sita, Chicken, Chrisso, Junior and Jimmy all play for Wanneroo?

Does anybody from Wanneroo play for Wanneroo?
    not really, only o'young, timani and hodgeson played yesterday i think, jimmy hilgendorf and o'young only joined this week. Jimmy and junior are injurd.

So yesterday 13 wanneroo players played and then o'young came on in the second half.

They deserve it anyway last year we had junior play about 2 games and that was it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    howd your little fella go yesterday gigs?
    u9's don't start for a couple of weeks Jono.

He'll do OK if he can remember to wait until they get the ball before he levels them!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    Not a good day for the Rocky guys against Wanneroo who played well.
    But Rocky will continue to field home grown players and bring their juniors through.
    No Force players for us, the powers that be have seen to that.
    We were a little undermanned yesterday, with five key players missing.
    No excuses, we have learned to roll with it over the years.
    Congrats to Wanneroo who have been on the end of a lot of crap over the years, and now look to be coming good.
    Yeah, like I said in another thread bunter, Rocko will wear the lack of support like a badge of honour and keep up the fight, I know that...but since I really don't have much to do with the senios, I see it as an opening for somebody to speak up. I just think it sucks a bit.

I understand Wanneroo have had some hassles as well, but I don't relly know much background! Do the players get allocated by RugbyWA or are they free to be contracted by any club who wants to talk with them?

I'd be interested to hear the Chrisso story! Whether he's decided to go there, whenther he's been poached, It could be that he's moved in order to get some game time with a crew that'll put him on the field because Paly wouldn't play him over a regular....You don't really hear that and a reason might make everybody understand the situation and get off the roodogs backs (OK I say everyone.....I'm just talking about me aren't I?)

C'mon the

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast