Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Always look on the bright side of life....

vCash

Thumbs up Always look on the bright side of life....

The future is so bright for the Force, they have to wear shades!

As an active Rugby club member, my focus has not fully been on the Force and their disastrous loss. But I have had this nagging voice in the back ground reminding me of what happened Friday night - yes TG that voice is TQ1's!

Putting the nagging aside...I looked at the Super 14 table and thought what now?
    Chiefs, Stormers and Brumbies all above the Force. Also the spiralling Blues and bunji Hurricanes.

Then I thought hold the phone Joan who do we play next? The Injuns, then 'Cones and finally finishing off with the old nags!
    3 of the 4 teams above us?

Hopefully the Blues will die a horrible death. But I think everybody wants that anyway include all my Kiwi mates.

The Stormers seem to have a relatively easy 2 game run home - entertaining the Brumbies and then a visit to the likely wooden spooners The lions and the Johannesburg den.

A chink of light maybe provided by our good friends the Waratahs who have a tough run home. Hosting the Sharks who are desperate to put their tour back on track, a dash to Pretoria to meet the reformed Bulls and then the "old firm" derby to finish with. Potential all bad for the 'Tahs. I hope!

Spanner said the boys didn't have a crack at the game against the Reds. If they think about it and have a crack at the next 3 weeks...I have still have the faith, the hope that the god of rectangular stadiums is on our side and a little nagging voice!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    i think if we try, we can do it. the boys have to get out there and play their guts out, like the chiefs did on friday, and we WILL get there...

vCash
    Lets face it - Finals are over for 2008:

Unless we all rise at dawn and walk around Pallys posts backwards and rubbing our tummies and heads simultaneously whilst chanting "We have faith - we will see Sharpie lead the boys unto a rectangular pitch"

Seriously - the maths are against us. It's not impossible but it is unlikely - time for us to step up and start playing rugby again. It would be wonderful to see some entertaining / expansive rugby with our newbie's getting trained up for season 2009. Lets put Friday behind us and look forward to enjoying our rugby again.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    I think expectations have created a choke. They did much better last year than anybodies wildest expectations and after a successful tour to the Republic and NZ we were riding the crest of a wave. The performances in the last month have been poor. Based on the last month you wouldn't honestly give us much hope. However, it has been a feature of this team to never give up. If they could get 15 points from the last 3 games they might go close. I think Mitchell will make some selections for next year to blood some of the up and comers and give them a taste of the standard and the levels they must aspire to. It is mathematically possible. That phrase is usually the kiss of death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by no.8 View Post
    The future is so bright for the Force, they have to wear shades!

Spanner said the boys didn't have a crack at the game against the Reds. If they think about it and have a crack at the next 3 weeks...I have still have the faith, the hope that the god of rectangular stadiums is on our side and a little nagging voice!
    Maybe Spanner should concede that the Reds only allowed "the boys" to play to the level that they played.

Credit where its due.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    I think expectations have created a choke. They did much better last year than anybodies wildest expectations and after a successful tour to the Republic and NZ we were riding the crest of a wave. The performances in the last month have been poor. Based on the last month you wouldn't honestly give us much hope. However, it has been a feature of this team to never give up. If they could get 15 points from the last 3 games they might go close. I think Mitchell will make some selections for next year to blood some of the up and comers and give them a taste of the standard and the levels they must aspire to. It is mathematically possible. That phrase is usually the kiss of death
    my sentiments exactly. so don't give up hope yet

vCash
    Yes and no tic, I will concede that without the Reds' challenge, the would've won the game, but the boys just didn't turn up. Check out the video of most of the breakdowns in the second half...where are the force forwards? Queenslnders are not holding them out of position, they just didn't turn up to the ball! I can't tell you whether it was a coaching thing (Forwards in the line to get those offloads that weren't coming in the first half) whether it was fitness (just to buggered to get there) whether it was laziness or arrogance (we'll get the ball back with only one forward against their 4) but they didn't compete.....They also didn't begin to compete later in the match once it became obvious that some work was there to be done!

There were many other things that Qld FORCED our team into, but this indicates that the team DID NOT actually have a decent crack, they capitulated! That's what hurts most.

My prediction is that we'll go into the next two matches (Cheifs and 'Canes) as underdogs, and perform well, go inot the last round with a mathematical chance of making number 4 and trip over our feet against the Brums.....I've said it before, I think it's all about the brain and it's time we addressed it!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe they all need to put their hair on the line.

If they don't perform the clippers come out.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Force Addict has been away and missed the game. I didn't get to watch the game but this is what I have learnt;
    in all:
    -Sare did his ankle
    -Horua did his knee
    -Hockings did his shoulder
    -Browny was exhausted
    -AJ hurt something
    -Staniforth was in the scrum & James O'Connor was at flyhalf
    -Pocock was sin binned
    -Sharpie wasn't too happy & not speaking much
    -Drew got a hefty knock on the head
    basically 1 person from each key area was injured/exhausted/binned/not playing in their position & we were screwed in the 2nd half!

I think that with the week off, most of these issues can be dealt with (obviously not Horua or Sare's injuries and possibly not Hockings).
    This will provide a great opportunity to blood new players and get some of the others back in the side (ie. Jimmy). With their determination they must have built up to get back into the team, I think we can win.
    Whilst we only have a slim chance at making the finals, I think it is still possible. The boys have 2 home games left and they sound as though they feel they have disappointed their fans...while this is not the case with me, their aspirations to make us even prouder will act as more fuel in their tank to get some wins under their belts.
    Come on team, I have faith!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Force Addict has been away and missed the game. I didn't get to watch the game but this is what I have learnt;
    in all:
    -Sare did his ankle
    -Horua did his knee
    -Hockings did his shoulder
    -Browny was exhausted
    -AJ hurt something
    -Staniforth was in the scrum & James O'Connor was at flyhalf
    -Pocock was sin binned
    -Sharpie wasn't too happy & not speaking much
    -Drew got a hefty knock on the head
    basically 1 person from each key area was injured/exhausted/binned/not playing in their position & we were screwed in the 2nd half!

I think that with the week off, most of these issues can be dealt with (obviously not Horua or Sare's injuries and possibly not Hockings).
    This will provide a great opportunity to blood new players and get some of the others back in the side (ie. Jimmy). With their determination they must have built up to get back into the team, I think we can win.
    Whilst we only have a slim chance at making the finals, I think it is still possible. The boys have 2 home games left and they sound as though they feel they have disappointed their fans...while this is not the case with me, their aspirations to make us even prouder will act as more fuel in their tank to get some wins under their belts.
    Come on team, I have faith!!!!
    i'm glad that i didnt watch it. sounds preeeety bad and other fierce words. i miss the force

BUT I HAVE FAITH!!!!!!!!!

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Laura - Hockings got a Stinger in his shoulder - like a real bad muscle spasm - very painful - his second in a couple of matches so he will be ok in a couple of days.

Drew was spotted on the plane home with a black eye.

Otherwise I'd agree there were a lot of key people out in key areas - obviously Spanner was not running as hard after his scrummaging.

love to get an update on Brownie and AJ - they haven't appeared on any real injury lists.

All Articles today and yesterday indicate that Mitchell is going to wield the axe - what this really means is unclear - but there are a couple of people who must be fit after injuries earlier in the season: Hilgendorf, Hardy, Pat O' Conor and of course Gitts ?

Whether their return is enough to lift the morale / attitude of the playing group seems to be the real challenge

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post

Careful, you'll get a warning fom the mods. No hair jokes please
    Laura will also lambast you for not saying it to their faces.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast