Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What went wrong

vCash

What went wrong

Put your thoughts here

This is my opinion of what is happening

The following might upset some of you but think about it before you execute me

Problem 1
    At the moment if it doesn't go the Force's way( early tries against us, Gits getting hurt and so on) they drop their heads and start playing this idiotic one dimensional crap that we have seen this last 2 weeks. They are acting like a bunch of spoiled brats, the moment they don't get what they want they loose there cool and just stuffs it up. There is just no discipline.

Cause
    The guys have been having it to easy from the start they ain't used to fighting for what they want but rather want to be given it on a plate.
    Not even of the field do they need to fight. For example most of the guys currently renewing contracts are almost being begged to stay with or to join the Force.

We need to start fighting, fighting like an street dog not like a greyhound without balls. Drew Mitchell took 2 hits and suddenly he turned into this poor little puppy with his tail between his legs. Dammit if you get hit hit back man!!

Remedy

Stop importing players/start using more players from our local clubs Take James O'Connor for example. You really want to tell me there is no-one in West Australia that is as good as him( looking at things like experience, talent and size) Don't get me wrong he is good but shit guys and girls he is only a 80kg kid (from Brisbane) with some speed and a side step but that is all at this stage.

To many young players and not enough experience My next example might upset some of you but David Pocock has proven 2 weeks in a row now that you just can't substituted experience for talent in super 14. He got his ass kicked for most of the time the last 2 weeks.

"O" and doing the following as a team is a big no no

passing the ball when there is no-one to receive it
    running away from your support( every F....ng time we got the ball)
    not committing to the ruck's and malls
    19 year old trying to teach the referee the rules
    not tackling( the first decent tackle in the game was Cross smashing a ball carrier just before the end of the game)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by pieter blackie; 18-04-08 at 21:04.

vCash
    passing - lots of dropped ball under pressure - at least 10

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Staniforth at Flanker .....

Pocock knows the offside rules - you just don't do that

vCash
    Drew getting 2 hard knocks which closed down his game - he was BOG till then - he was awesome - even helped out in scrum 1st half

vCash
    Did Drew get MOM?

I didn't see the game so I can't comment on their technique/skill.

What I can say is it sounds like something was missing not in their ability but their drive. I know they said they had to win this game but I think it had been built up as some what of a novelty game (by the media) and maybe we weren't taking it serious enough I dont know...1 thing is next game we will be out for blood, not literally, but the boys will definately have the heart, determination & well rested break they need to get back in to top form!

Bring on the Chiefs!

vCash
    The reds played better and i think the coaches would have done a lot of work this week and its payed off. They got outplayed in the forwards and at the halfs.

I would have picked berrick barnes for man of the match, im not sure who got it on tv though

vCash
    what went wrong, went to sleep in the first two mins (although i failed to see the ball grounded for their first try)no support to the ball carrier, scrum was smashed for the second week in a row, failing to capitilize on the extra man when shiscofske was binned,bam bams stupid sending off late in the game,

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    what went wrong, went to sleep in the first two mins (although i failed to see the ball grounded for their first try)no support to the ball carrier, scrum was smashed for the second week in a row, failing to capitilize on the extra man when shiscofske was binned,bam bams stupid sending off late in the game,
    totally agree. LEARN TO SCORE TRIES!

vCash
    I dont like Johnny Wilkinson & as I much as I hate to say this...our scoreboard has looked a bit like England's with only penalty goals

Bring on the meat pies!!!

vCash
    what went wrong? easy ..... everything!!!

vCash
    Have a look at the first post I placed some thoughts there

vCash
    unfortunately missed the first 30mins of game so missed the best of the force play tonight..... agree with you slomo and b&b seems to be a real lack of finishing of great attacking play with the force this year... scrum is in a state.... lack of support for the ball carrier.... ball security in general was horrible... and I hate to say it but they really missed Gits out ther tonight directing their attack.

hopefully the boys put some hard yards on the training pitch this week and bring it to the game next week!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Have a look at the first post I placed some thoughts there
    i did, but im not going to let emotional ramblings overule a sensible analysis. i mean let the dust settle before sticking the boot in

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    If I remember correctly in the last two years the only team we have beaten in the scrum has been Queensland (last year when practically all their props were out) quite simply we need better props. Otherwise the pressure just mounts and mounts and is made worse by a malfunctioning line-out (what was up with that?).

Coming into a 10th straight game the work rate of our back-row, which is their long suit, was down against a team who had come off a bye and were better rested.

I'll tip my hats to the Reds. I expected their forwards to play well but I also expected them to run out of steam and for us to run away with it.

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    i did, but im not going to let emotional ramblings overule a sensible analysis. i mean let the dust settle before sticking the boot in
    *%*&$ the sensible analysis. I'm pissed and pissed off.

This is getting stupid. Two years in a row now we are well set through half the year and then the ship sinks. Last year we at least had an excuse because we played a lot of the top teams near the end of the schedule (Crusaders, Brumbies, Blues).

I would not be surprised if we lose the last three games of the year.

I don't think this forum has enough data space to document all of what is going wrong.

1) we always seem to be going backwards....I don't care what the stats say...too many of our rucks turn into lost metres. We used to have the forwards run two or three pick and drives with support...and when the time was right that's when it would go out wide. Not any more...seems the forwards think they are centres and are lining up too wide at the ruck so by the time they receive the pass it is lost metres.

2) Scrum half not paying attention. I'm not talking just O'Young...but whoever happens to be getting the ball out of the ruck. Too often the ball pops out and no one is paying enough attention to pick it up.

3) Only one play. Not so much a factor tonight because Giteau wasn't there. But when he is they only ever have the one play where he passes off and then loops around to get it again and they go wide. If that play doesn't work then it's game over. I don't think we have tried a single cross kick all year.

I could go on...but I don't want to get too hard on them....just venting a little.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast