Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What went wrong

vCash
    Mitchell at the beginning was regularly rotating the loose forwards which meant everytime one of em had a start they played out of their skins. We have now settled with Fava at 6, pocock at 7 and Brown at 8 for numerous games with only Brown being a consistent performer. Its time Fava and Pocoock sat on the bench or out of the 22. Ive always admired Hodgsons workrate and would like to see wykes at 6 against the chiefs so we can get some lineout dominance. Wykes also has a high workrate at the breakdown that I admire.
    McIsaac had a great game against of the Chiefs and at times reminded me of mealamu with ball in hand. He is still imho the best scrummaging hooker in australia, but we are severely let down by our props and other guys in the pack like sharpey and fava.
    I still believe we have the best backline in australia but the talents being wasted due to a poor performing pack.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    Mitchell at the beginning was regularly rotating the loose forwards which meant everytime one of em had a start they played out of their skins. We have now settled with Fava at 6, pocock at 7 and Brown at 8 for numerous games with only Brown being a consistent performer. Its time Fava and Pocoock sat on the bench or out of the 22. Ive always admired Hodgsons workrate and would like to see wykes at 6 against the chiefs so we can get some lineout dominance. Wykes also has a high workrate at the breakdown that I admire.
    McIsaac had a great game against of the Chiefs and at times reminded me of mealamu with ball in hand. He is still imho the best scrummaging hooker in australia, but we are severely let down by our props and other guys in the pack like sharpey and fava.
    I still believe we have the best backline in australia but the talents being wasted due to a poor performing pack.
    Hodgson is a bit more of a grafter. He has been outstanding off the bench this year. His go foward has been excellent and he goes hard at the ball. he doesn't perhaps have the skills of the other players but he's 'ard. That is a key ingredient that has been missing.
    Wykes needs a haircut. That crop is a disgrace to testosterone. What is it with all these girly metrosexual nancies these days? He has a lot of ability though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    What is it with all these girly metrosexual nancies these days? He has a lot of ability though.
    Doesn't he have an afro? That's not metrosexual, Drew Mitchell is sporting metrosexual....

vCash
    dave pocock and scott fava need to realise that they are not the only flankers in the force. if mitch puts wykes and hodgson in the starting XV and someone else (???) on the bench, maybe they will wake up and start playing some decent rugby... following the rules DAVID POCOCK!!!

and drews hair is a LOT better than sam wykes... he doesnt need it braided to look awesome!!!

vCash
    I posted a message after the lost to the bulls about the backs not kicking the ball through the defensive line, I see it still hasn't happened. I know alot of people have different views, however the flat(umbrella) defence restricts the movement of the ball to the centres and yet they have not tried this technique to turn their opposite backs around. If anyone from the Western Force coaching staff/players read this can you please tell me you'll try this next game. The last 4 teams have done this and the results speak for them selves. To put it mildly "IT SHITS ME". Please try it and then I can say at least they tried!

The backs are just there to look pretty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OMS View Post
    I posted a message after the lost to the bulls about the backs not kicking the ball through the defensive line, I see it still hasn't happened. I know alot of people have different views, however the flat(umbrella) defence restricts the movement of the ball to the centres and yet they have not tried this technique to turn their opposite backs around. If anyone from the Western Force coaching staff/players read this can you please tell me you'll try this next game. The last 4 teams have done this and the results speak for them selves. To put it mildly "IT SHITS ME". Please try it and then I can say at least they tried!
    The grubber is used with devastating effect in rugby league.
    I think it makes for an occasional subtle variation with rushing defence.
    There are two extra players on the field in rugby and usually from set piece play there is an organised cover defence. It is just a means of turning the ball over. I like ball in hand. Kicking it shits me. Forwards work their arse off for that pill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Doesn't he have an afro? That's not metrosexual, Drew Mitchell is sporting metrosexual....
    The hair band is metrosexual. He looks lovely. I bet he is stunning with a high necked pastel turtle neck. Shave his f'ucking head and get some electricians tape on it.

Last edited by Jehna; 19-04-08 at 22:17. Reason: Inappropriate

vCash
    Stop sh*t stirring.

Say it to their face!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Stop sh*t stirring.

Say it to their face!
    You are 100% right Laura Maybe someone should tell them!!! Then they might stop worrying about their hair and start playing the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Stop sh*t stirring.

Say it to their face!
    Some of us work whilst they're enjoying the Subiaco cafe strip

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I know its not really on the topic but I think the other three Super 14 teams need a good pat on the back for the games this week. The Brumbies and Reds picked up upset games and played really well with a high intensity and the Waratahs came back from a 0-0 half time to run in 4 tries and keep the Lions to only 3 points. In a week were we all feel flat from a loss its good to see the other guys at least play their hearts out because it will hopefully mean a strong Wallabies team. If there is any way to mend the disappointment of not making the finals it is a winning Wallabies team.

vCash
    chiselhead, been a member since 06 but only 75 posts. joining in putting the boot in eh. wheres the posting when the force win or is shooting fish in a barrel your only style

vCash
    I think we've got to stop making excuses for the boys. I will never stop supporting them regardless of how bad they play but seriously the performances they have put in over the last couple of weeks has just been dismal. You really can't justify it. We have the talent no doubt. We've seen it. Frankly we need to harden up, dig deep and find the will to play good rugby. We can't even get the basics right atm so how can we possibly expect to hold the title of the best Australian side?

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    I think we've got to stop making excuses for the boys. I will never stop supporting them regardless of how bad they play but seriously the performances they have put in over the last couple of weeks has just been dismal. You really can't justify it. We have the talent no doubt. We've seen it. Frankly we need to harden up, dig deep and find the will to play good rugby. We can't even get the basics right atm so how can we possibly expect to hold the title of the best Australian side?
    exactly reminds me of my other blue and black team

Player
    vCash
    hey nearthetop how can you say the force are still developing (what a load of crap) they have half a dozen wallabies in the team. Your comment about chiselhead, quality not quantity if i wanted to read crap all day i would read happy`s and inforcers posts.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast