Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ella: Beale ready for Wallabies

vCash
    He might get them

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Beale is not too bad. Lots of development to go. Raw talent is good though. Throw him into the Wallabies? Why not, there is four years till RWC and Deans might as well experiment. Gits is a proven commodity anyway.

I'm a fan of Kurtleys so I might be a bit biased.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Nice sensible post mate, and pretty accurate...It will be nice to have some decent talent as back up into the future with regards to the inside backs, actually, pretty much all possies in the backline....The real weakest link with depth has been and still is upfront, and i know that you agree with me relating to that area...
    Anyhow, this is a beale thread so i won't go on about forward depth...
    Lets see how the others react to your slightly biased views mate...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    i dont object to him being named in the side.
    just not over gits.
    play him off the bench at fly, and bring gits off. or someone else in the backline. lord knows giteau can cover any posistion there if he really wanted to.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Beale is not too bad. Lots of development to go. Raw talent is good though. Throw him into the Wallabies? Why not, there is four years till RWC and Deans might as well experiment. Gits is a proven commodity anyway.

I'm a fan of Kurtleys so I might be a bit biased.
    I know what you are saying, but for mine...because he hasn't earned it yet, simple as that. That is what Australia A is for, for him and the surprising amount of young talent thrown up over the course of this year. Kurtley is probably a bit ahead of them of course, but he is a long way from ready for the Wallabies yet.

vCash
    theres that as well
    give him a season in australia A. if we get an injury and hes playing well. call him up. but as i said, i dont think he should be given the posisiton over gits. because hes not earned it. gits is a better number 10 at the moment.

vCash
    How would gits go outside of Beale?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    not sure.
    i wouldnt mind seeing that though.
    it might work, or it might not. if they gave it a few goes at training and then perhaps did it for the last 20 or something?
    would be interesting if nothing else.

vCash
    why beale anyway? what ive seen of quade cooper has me believing cooper might develope into a better 5/8 in a year or so ( IF he stays in oz ) berrick barnes did well at the rwc last year he must be ahead of both, actually thats a good thing oz has three up and coming 5/8s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    How would gits go outside of Beale?
    I think he'd be fine insofar as he is enough of a play maker to do something with a ball even if it's not a good one. However, I just don't think it would maximise his potential in two ways: 1. I don't think Beale is in a position to give him enough good ball, or to make the tough decision that need to be made in high pressure international games, or to direct play. 2. I think Gits is far more equipped to play 10, not just talent wise, but leadership wise as well. In that position he can dominate play in a manner which Beale is yet to match.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I know what you are saying, but for mine...because he hasn't earned it yet, simple as that. That is what Australia A is for, for him and the surprising amount of young talent thrown up over the course of this year. Kurtley is probably a bit ahead of them of course, but he is a long way from ready for the Wallabies yet.
    Don't trust a word the Ella's say when it comes to Kurtley Beale. As his managers of course they are going to talk him up and if you can remember back to last year they did the same thing. Its such a shame when vested interests make people sacrifice their credibility.

He played second fiddle to Berrick Banes in last years Australian A games so see how he goes as the main man.

vCash
    Too much negativity here people. Give the kid the ball and see what he can do with it. Put Gits on his outside and watch the tries rain down. Too easy. Deans better be reading this website. Maybe I should drop him an email?

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    You've got a problem with negativity today Chook.....I'd say you're getting too close to the Waratahs, God knows they can't handle negative press!

Tries will rain down with Beale in 10 and Gits in 12, we know that, but it won't be because we have a world class flyhalf with his hands on the ball, it'll be because we have more room for the best back in World Rugby to move. On top of that, we'll have a boiled marshmallow in our line as a defender......how long do you think international coaches will take to recognise a revolving door in our midfield. We already know that Gits can be caught out trying to help out weak teammates in defence....why give him three times as much work to do, it's only his first year at 10, we need to train him to be the mainstay before we start tinkering around with the mix.

Gits for 10, Spanner for 12 (Why?) Spanner's defense is tighter than a fishes ass at 40,000 feet and that's watertight! pick the best 9 you can, but I'd say Cordingley, he's got the ability to get the ball in Gits' hands regularly, muck around with the outside, no tthe inside.

Throw Kurtley and Quade at PNC and see if they can cope with the pressures of international football!

C'mon the

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Don't trust a word the Ella's say when it comes to Kurtley Beale. As his managers of course they are going to talk him up and if you can remember back to last year they did the same thing. Its such a shame when vested interests make people sacrifice their credibility.

He played second fiddle to Berrick Banes in last years Australian A games so see how he goes as the main man.
    pretty much sums it up for me....let the ball do the talking, not the idiots on the sideline. Good thing is Deans will not be swayed by this bs and he'll make his decision based on what is best for the team.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Beale won't be available for the Wallabies this season anyway!

I've got some news!

C'mon the

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast