Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reds snare Fiangaa twins

vCash

Reds snare Fiangaa twins

April 04, 2008 QUEENSLAND have lured the highly-rated Fiangaa twins away from the Brumbies on a two-year package deal.

Anthony and Saia Fiangaa, 21, will join their former Australia under-19 coach Phil Mooney at Ballymore for the 2009 and 2010 Super 14 seasons.

The pair were integral members of Mooney's national side which won the 2006 Under-19 World Cup in Dubai and made their starting debuts for the Brumbies this year.

Centre Anthony is sidelined for the rest of the season with a serious knee injury while hooker Saia will play off the bench in the Brumbies clash against the Chiefs at Canberra Stadium tonight (Friday).

The package deal increases the heat on Australia hooker Stephen Moore, who is exercising a condition in his contract to weigh up rival Australian offers for 2009.

Moore was expected to wait until after the Reds' three-match South African tour, which concludes this weekend against the Cheetahs, before deciding upon his future.

The Brumbies and Western Force are both keen to snare the 25-year-old World Cup starter who has played 20 Tests.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnoBarbarians View Post
    Centre Anthony is sidelined for the rest of the season with a serious knee injury..
    Sounds like quite a gamble..he must be the bees knees. Hope for his sake and that of the Reds that the seriousness is repairable.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    My understanding was that they were prepared to take a punt on Anthony in order to get Saia, who was making a package deal a requirement. Pretty much guarantees Moore will be off, I'd've thought.

vCash
    I know these boys and if you want one you have to have the other. They have played together ALL their lives. I am just happy that they will be closer to me now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    My understanding was that they were prepared to take a punt on Anthony in order to get Saia, who was making a package deal a requirement. Pretty much guarantees Moore will be off, I'd've thought.
    Will he come to Perth?

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Who knows, but I personally hope not. Suspect that the Brumbies will be much keener now, although they may well rate Huia Edmonds higher than they did before. Shame he got injured.

vCash
    You could have had the Faingaa boys from the start but you only wanted one.

Rookie
    vCash
    I would only want one as well the hooker he is a real goer.

vCash
    your just like every other person they have run into in their careers. Dont take the time to check Anthony out .

Rookie
    vCash
    So he has to carry his brother??? Can't he get a contract on his own?

vCash
    He doesnt have to carry him at all but they have always said that they will play together for as long as possible. I guess you dont have a twin brother that your that close to that you can understand the position they are in. Anthony is an excellent player in his own right you just obviously havent taken the time to watch him play and see what he is capable of doing. When the force offerend Saia a contract they had already been offered Brumbies contracts on their own merret.

vCash
    I thinks its cute but you will get nowhere in life if you always have to take one with you. If you were anthony you'd feel like your getting a free ride even if he is a good player.

vCash
    great move, next stop moore to perth....

vCash
    I dont really know about moore. Yeah i think he will be great for the force with another wallaby in there. But yet, it will mean either Tai McIsaac or luke Holmes will be dropped. And i think both have had a great season so far, especially Luke Holmes who finally came into the mix when Cannon got injured.

Stephen Moore will be a great addition to the team, he's a great ball carrier in general play and is pretty consistent in lineouts throws. But how will it affect the decisions of the hookers. We were saying Holmesy might be a huge factor for Pocock staying, but if Moore comes in, there might be a good chance Holmes might go elsewhere to get more game time, which means a bigger probability of Pocock leaving. I dunno guys, ive got mixed feelings at the moment.

vCash
    i guess it all comes down to contracts, when is mcisaacs contract up? and there is 8 years difference in age ( mcissac 33 moore 25 ) luke holmes will be ideal back up for years to come, but the way he's improving, in the next couple of seasons he'll be pushing for a starting spot who ever is starting....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast