Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Force Complete NZ Tour Undefeated!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Force Complete NZ Tour Undefeated!

The Emirates Western Force have finished their two match tour of New Zealand with a tough 36-28 win over the Highlanders in Queenstown this afternoon.

Both sides scored three tries, but the visitors kicked eight goals from eight attempts, as both Matt Giteau and Cameron Shepherd brought their kicking boots to seal the victory.

After exchanging penalties in the first ten minutes, the Highlanders opened the try scoring when centre Aaron Bancroft sliced through the defence and ran 40 metres to open up a 10-3 lead.

Lock Tom Hockings and number 8 Richard Brown answered with tries of their own, each converted by Giteau.

A Bowden penalty after the siren closed the lead to 17-13 at half time.

The Highlanders opened the second half well, with winger Paul Williams finishing a sweeping movement before Fetu’u Vainikolo scored a magnificent individual try minutes later to give the Otago side a 25-20 lead.

Another Bowden penalty widened the gap to 28-20, but the Emirates Western Force scored the last 16 points through an intercept try to Ryan Cross and a further three penalties.

Cross was a good contributor in the win, as was winger Scott Staniforth. Forwards David Pocock, Tom Hockings and Richard Brown were also in good form.

The Emirates Western Force will now return home to play the Stormers at Subiaco Oval on Friday 28 March.

8th min: Penalty goal to the Emirates Western Force kicked by Matt Giteau. Emirates Western Force lead 3-0.
    10th min: Penalty goal to the Highlanders kicked by Daniel Bowden. 3-all.
    15th min: Try to the Highlanders scored by Aaron Bancroft. Converted by Bowden. Highlanders lead 10-3.
    26th min: Try to the Emirates Western Force scored by Tom Hockings. Converted by Giteau. 10-all.
    30th min: Try to the Emirates Western Force scored by Richard Brown. Converted by Giteau. Emirates Western Force lead 17-10.
    41st min: Penalty goal to the Highlanders kicked by Bowden. Emirates Western Force lead 17-13.

HALF TIME – Emirates Western Force 17 Highlanders 13
    43rd min: Try to the Highlanders scored by Paul Williams. Not converted by Bowden. Highlanders lead 18-17
    50th min: Try to the Highlanders scored by Fetu’u Vainikolo. Converted by Bowden. Highlanders lead 25-17
    55th min: Penalty goal to the Emirates Western Force kicked by Giteau. Highlanders lead 25-20.
    61st min: Penalty goal to the Highlanders kicked by Bowden. Highlanders 28-20.
    66th min: Try to the Emirates Western Force scored by Ryan Cross. Converted by Giteau. Highlanders lead 28-27.
    69th min: Penalty goal to the Emirates Western Force kicked by Giteau. Emirates Western Force lead 30-28
    71st min: Penalty goal to the Emirates Western Force kicked by Cameron Shepherd. Emirates Western Force lead 33-28.
    79th min: Penalty goal to the Emirates Western Force kicked by Shepherd. Emirates Western Force lead 36-28.

FULL TIME - Emirates Western Force 36 Highlanders 28

Emirates Western Force 36 (Hockings, Brown, Cross tries; Giteau 3 cons, 3 pens, Shepherd 2 pens).

Highlanders 28 (Bancroft, Williams, Vainikolo tries; Bowden 2 cons 3 pens)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    Go you good things!!

Any idea when the Force arrive back in Perth??

vCash
    Got away with that one in some ways. But I think the boys might have opened them up had Spanna's try been given. They are in good shape considering the home games are yet to come. Good sides can win when they are not playing their best. The Force are def a good side. Even the kiwis are coming around. Roll on!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

i wanna know toooo
    i would have thought they leave the day after the game. so tomorrow??

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Prospect
    vCash
    I was dissapointed with nathan sharp..he will be lucky to wear a mallaby jumper the way he is playing......very pleased with ryan cross..he runs through the first tackle ..i love that shit!!!
    lucky to win against the mullet boys.
    Ever heard about ball security boys????

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Around 10 tomorrow night...

vCash
    Reception commitee anyone??

vCash
    Reception commitee anyone??
    Hmm tempting...do you think that counts as stalking? Or does it only count as stalking if you're carrying a clipboard with a copy of the petition on it Jargs?

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash

what if i promise to leave it at home??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MRGRAY View Post
    I was dissapointed with nathan sharp..he will be lucky to wear a mallaby jumper the way he is playing.

mrgray what game you watching bro sharpie was collosal dude led superbly made the advantage line with every charge was out cold and still got up and continued to lead the way automatic 'mallaby' on current form

vCash
    Sharpie made the most ground out of the whole team and he took some huge knocks & kept going.. awesome player! Cross had some moments of brilliance and some absolute shockers too . MOM for me was Pocock though, he was huge in the first 10 minutes stealing 4 balls that i saw and didnt miss a single tackle

Our cover defence was very slack today but every time the back line got the ball they made metres and got over the advantage line. I dont see how they were lucky to win that, the highlanders kicked away too much ball and when they took the ball up they hardly made any ground apart from a couple of breakaways.
    The force were the better team by a country mile.

one other observation and im sure im not alone on this but the ref had a shocker.. Missed 2 blatent offsides, at least three incorrect rulings that cost both sides points, he didnt police the short arm slowing down of the ball by the highlanders, he was inconsistent with the holding onto the ball in the ruck... worst reffing ive seen this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    mrgray what game you watching bro sharpie was collosal dude led superbly made the advantage line with every charge was out cold and still got up and continued to lead the way automatic 'mallaby' on current form
    Thanks is not enough here.

Mr Gray, I'd like you to name two locks currently playing in Australia who are qualified to tie Nathan Sharpe's bootlaces!

Even Vickerman is number two at the moment, he's the only guy on the radar!.....more so, I think Tom Hockings is probably number three (but unlikely to get the call being so green)

C'mon the

vCash
    I was going to comment but had to go pick up mrs jargan but you hit the nail on the head GIGS

vCash
    happy days.........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast