Thread: Woodside Sends Firepower RugbyWA Academy Youngsters To New Zealand

vCash

Woodside Sends Firepower RugbyWA Academy Youngsters To New Zealand

Woodside Sends Firepower RugbyWA Academy Youngsters To New Zealand
    Thursday, 13 March 2008 5:52pm
    RugbyWA
    Cruz Ah-Nau and Justin TurnerWith the Emirates Western Force set to take on the Blues and the Highlanders in New Zealand over the next two weeks, Woodside have again offered two Firepower RugbyWA Academy players the chance to go on tour with the team.

Cruz Ah-Nau (17, prop, Kalamunda DRUFC) and Justin Turner (18, scrumhalf, Associates RUFC) have been selected to go on the tour and will experience the life of a Super 14 rugby player.

Turner, who played for the Emirates Western Force against the Reds in their 2008 trial game, said it was a great opportunity to learn how professional players deal with the rigours of touring.

“I’m very excited to be going to New Zealand – it’s very generous of Woodside to make this place on the tour available. I have spent a bit of time training with the senior squad, but this is something else,” Turner said.

Ah-Nau said it would be a terrific way to see how the ‘big boys’ in the front row handle a tour.

“Guys like Troy (Takiari) and AJ (Whalley) are at the level I aspire to,” Ah-Nau said.

“Just being around them and learning from them on tour in New Zealand will be great for my rugby.”

RugbyWA chief executive Mitch Hardy thanked Woodside, and acknowledged the potential of the two players selected.

“We see Justin as a professional player in the not-too-distant future if he continues to work hard and develop his game,” Hardy said.

“Cruz is very young in front row terms, but his raw talent is outstanding and he will benefit immensely from being around the likes of AJ Whalley, Troy Takiari and Pek Cowan”.

Kieran Longbottom went on last year’s tour of New Zealand courtesy of Woodside. Kieran is now a member of the Emirates Western Force senior training squad.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    All good!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!