WAISALE Serevi has signed a lucrative two-year contract with the Taiwan Rugby Union.

The former Digicel sevens coach/player has taken up the coaching role from 2008 to 2010 with their national sevens side.

Speaking to Times Sport from Taiwan yesterday, the world sevens icon said he had settled in well with his new job.

"It's a different environment but having played rugby in Japan, I'm impressed with what I've seen since arriving here," he said.

"I've settled in and the boys are happy to have me and I'm looking forward to seeing them have a good season of rugby and I'll give all my best while I'm here," Serevi said.

Serevi, who left for Taiwan three weeks ago, was in time for the national team camp.

"We're in camp at the academy here and the boys have taken a two-day break and will be back on Wednesday," he said.

Serevi added plans were in the pipeline to take across four Fijian players to join him there.

"The Taiwan Rugby Union wants some Fijian boys to help out in sevens here so I'm liaising with my club (Nasinu) back home to get four Fiji boys across," he said.

Serevi was reluctant to say whether he will join the City Eagles at this weekend's Marist Sevens at the Post Fiji Stadium.

Nadroga rugby coach Joji Rinakama said Serevi's departure was a loss to Fiji.

"It's a blessing to him and also a good thing for Taiwan rugby," he said.

"He's given a lot of his time to Fiji in development of sevens rugby and I'm glad he's secured a contract it's a well deserved break," Rinakama said.

Rinakama said everything happened for a reason. "With the current situation, this is a good move by Serevi and I believe it's a reward from God knowing the talent he has," Rinakama added.