Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Town of Vincent to upgrade MES?

vCash
    I was thinking to keep this town of vincent thing rolling we should get buisness near MES on side? When the MES upgrade was talked about when bidding for the Force those business's would have been licking their lips (espeacially the Pubs). Get them to sign the petition.

Having the Town of Vincent on side would be great for any possible march definately

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Back in your box 8...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    another 12 000 makes member equity 30 000.

this would mean most games would be sell outs.. is this actually a bad thing?

seats would cost a few dollars more. is that a bad thing?

do you think you can forecast a growth in popularity in line with a growth in perths population? think about this one, as if this was the case wild cats would need a 25000 seat stadium given their popularity 15 years ago. and all the WAFL grounds would need to be loads bigger given the crowds they had just before the eagles launched.. i think crowd forecasting is a difficult thing..

would a smaller (and by definition cheaper) constantly sold out stadium be a better thing for a football club than a bigger stadium that is 30% empty for all but a few finals?? for one thing i know a 25000 strong crowd in the 25000 seat stadium is much better than the same crowd at a 40000 seat venue.. (obvious but i had to say it)..

so maybe 25-30 would be an ok solution??

auss.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Jess, I agree 25000 isn't enough. It would be interesting to know what potential capacity the Member's Equity site has- could it expand to accomodate 40000, money nowithstanding? We could look at 25k (though preferably 30k) as a starting point, but there would need to be room left for additional expansion, otherwise we'll end up like the muppets at the WAFC with a ground that can't so much as fit thier members in it.
    Work has been done on this and there doesn't appear to be any problem with the size of the site for the capacities we are talking about. It comes down to the raising funds and what option to take.

Bowling it over and building a new stadium with a 35,000 capacity will, in theory, cost circa $350m. Although this is a fully covered stadium with all of the required corporate facilities. (Based on the benchmark of $10,000 per seat, which if I remember correctly was used on the stadia study.) I guess you can come up with a more basic design to reduce costs....again in theory.

There is a study that the Town of Vincent commissioned, which looks at upgrading MES in 3 phases to a final capacity of 30,000. I have a copy of it if anybody is interested. It doesn't give us all of the corporate facilities that we currently use but I guess it is a compromise.

It is also clear from the recent work carried out MES can be commercially viable to operate but not service the loans required to build. Maybe a compromise is to have the initial capital injection from the combined sources of the government, business and debenchers....that would be an unusual solution if made to work...just a thought.

Just happy to be here

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    TWF should get behind TOV on this one .. I'd rather sit at MES any day than subi

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Jess, I agree 25000 isn't enough. It would be interesting to know what potential capacity the Member's Equity site has- could it expand to accomodate 40000, money nowithstanding? We could look at 25k (though preferably 30k) as a starting point, but there would need to be room left for additional expansion, otherwise we'll end up like the muppets at the WAFC with a ground that can't so much as fit thier members in it.
    we only have just over 15,000 members and have never had 25,000

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I would rather sit at MES with sell out 25,000 crowd then at subi with 29,000. 25,000 would be a great starting point, and you can always build up from that. On 2 sides theres plenty of room to upgrade again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    we only have just over 15,000 members and have never had 25,000
    OK caught me... I am somewhat prone to hyberbole... can always dream of 25000 members though cant we?

vCash
    OK caught me... I am somewhat prone to hyberbole... can always dream of 25000 members though cant we?
    Yes you can dream but if we really want to get this stadium we have to be realistic.

I am just sick (not having a go at you Swee82, I know your dedicated like the other dozen or so of us at Carbon Bar ) of people saying we need 35,000 seats, we don't, not yet anyway and when we do, we'll just have to wait like other codes. If anything, getting a 25,000 seat stadium will certainly get the membership very close to that mark, especially if that is the only way you get a seat. What we need is really good corporate facilities, that is where the $$$ come from.

vCash
    As long as existing members get priority to memberships at MES - it would suck if you'd been with them at Subi since the beginning and ended up not being able to get decent seats at MES

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    As long as existing members get priority to memberships at MES - it would suck if you'd been with them at Subi since the beginning and ended up not being able to get decent seats at MES

RugbyWA would not let that happen

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes you can dream but if we really want to get this stadium we have to be realistic.

I am just sick (not having a go at you Swee82, I know your dedicated like the other dozen or so of us at Carbon Bar ) of people saying we need 35,000 seats, we don't, not yet anyway and when we do, we'll just have to wait like other codes. If anything, getting a 25,000 seat stadium will certainly get the membership very close to that mark, especially if that is the only way you get a seat. What we need is really good corporate facilities, that is where the $$$ come from.
    I'm with you on that too.....it seems that we keep on getting sucked into the 35k number when the reality is we can't justify it.

Hey look, we just saved a $100m in less than a dozen posts!

Just happy to be here

vCash

Also, in a short period of time the call will go out that you can't get a ticket for a Western Force game. Pressure will be put on to expand in due course.

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Can someone scan the article in todays West?

vCash
    im all for it, but i sit in the cheap seats i think the corporates will have the final say......

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast