Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: RugbyWA Conduct Committee Findings

vCash
    With regards to Matt's sanction, the tribunal had only two options to choose from.....Either find that he was culpable and, given his past record, recommend the maximum punishment possible, or find such a compelling case for his innocence that there is no question that he should be punished at all. In absence of the compelling case, they didn't have a choice. I believe they probably told the facts substantially as they understand them (note I didn't use the word truth there) and have left the final decision to the ARU......The contract is jointly held, and therefore both parties will need to sign before it's void.

With the bluster before the fact, I can't belive that the ARU has any option now other than to give him to sack (to do otherwise would play merry hell with their "biggest market") so I'd have to say, it looks like farewell, Matt thanks for the memories, I hope you stay in Perth, simply because you will be away from the glare of media attention, and it will indicate (at least to me) that you are moving towards a healthy solution to your problems!

I've had enough, has the team been announced for the weekend?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Apparently channel 9 has an interview with Haig Sare on their news tonight, according to the ad i just heard on the radio

vCash
    what time will that be?

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    6.20 ish if it in the sports bit... the news starts at 6.00

vCash
    Will keep an eye out for it.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Yeah they didnt say an exact time, but i think it could be early on, i think the story will be one of the lead ones. I love how everyone cares when the s**t hits the fam

vCash
    You make a fair point andys. The statement's issued by the ARU frankly don't seem to fit with the injuries but i guess a decision has been made so lets move on. I just hope to see Henjak play rugby again some day. It'd be such a waste of talent otherwise. Channel 10 had an interesting report on it just then. Sharpie seemed to give the impression they were devastated. Also the ARU are taking their sweet time to endorse the decision?!

Awesome that channel 10 also then followed up with a nice story about holmes, pocock and fava hanging with the locals...finally some nice news. They've set up a charity for the south african kids called Y generation.

Ugh now They've just announced that sheps has a knee injury and won't play this weekend.... Damn it!

Last edited by Jehna; 21-02-08 at 09:06.

Senior Player
    vCash

Question stay Gits

My only concern is that Gits ha less to stay on in WA for if his mate leaves....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    My only concern is that Gits ha less to stay on in WA for if his mate leaves....
    I hear your concerns BeeJay but i honestly think he would be silly to leave. He does have a lot going for him here. His girlfriend has just moved back to Perth for him, he's just bought a house over here, he's just been given the vice captaincy, he has other friends here as well like Mitchell and Sheps, he is on a killer contract, he's playing for a team with awesome propsects.... it'll be devastating for him but he's a smart cookie and knows he's got to put his rugby first.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Yea, his girlfriend has also been signed to the West Coast Fever (WA's team in the new netball comp) so i'd say that they're both here for the long haul....hopefully!!

vCash
    i guess we can rule put self defense for everyone that was sticking up for henners with out knowing the full facts, dave huges covered it pretty well in todays west, in his article, "team mates waged three round war....

the pair initially clashed in the toilets. teammates settled things down and the group sat near the main bar.

sare was sitting when henjak threw the punch assumed to have broken his jaw, security staff and players again separated the squabbling duo, who were ordered off the premises.

a third scuffle broke out in the street, where according to witnesses, henjak recieved most of his injuries to his neck that were evident the next day...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    i guess we can rule put self defense for everyone that was sticking up for henners with out knowing the full facts, dave huges covered it pretty well in todays west, in his article, "team mates waged three round war....

the pair initially clashed in the toilets. teammates settled things down and the group sat near the main bar.

sare was sitting when henjak threw the punch assumed to have broken his jaw, security staff and players again separated the squabbling duo, who were ordered off the premises.

a third scuffle broke out in the street, where according to witnesses, henjak recieved most of his injuries to his neck that were evident the next day...
    You missed the key line in the article which stated that this was the conclusion arrived at by staffers at the West

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    And Geoff Stooke's wording of the announcement was telling....The tribunal was SATISFIED that Matt Henjak.........

I'm pretty sure they realise they don't know everything, but so often, the truth isn't arrived at in these cases!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    You missed the key line in the article which stated that this was the conclusion arrived at by staffers at the West

i have no axe to grind with dave huges and i think hes one of the better rugby jurnos going around, what dont you believe, in his account of the evenings events, do you know something he doesn't?........

the same 'conclusion' was also arrived at by the rugbyWA tribunal, foxsports news and the australian news paper.......

Last edited by slomo; 21-02-08 at 15:55.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I have to say, the timeline described rang true to me. And if the tribunal was "satisfied", I'd suggest that means that one account was corroborated by other players.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast