Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Force Downloads

Rookie Contributor spankytheking's Avatar
    vCash

Talking Force Downloads

Hi all,

This may have been mentioned before but you can get all your Western Force Games on www.aussietorrents.com from myself.

FUTURE GAMES ARE POSTED HERE

Check the last page for the latest game

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by spankytheking; 01-04-06 at 18:30.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Love ya work

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Whats all this about?
    All I got when I cliked thru was pop-ups !!

vCash
    weird the site isnt loading atm. neways keep an eye out for future releases on aussietorrents.com

vCash
    Thanks STK had no problems with the download and just finished watching the game. Really appreciate the service, shame you couldn't do something about the score though! Hope you are able to provide other WF games.

vCash

Talking

Round 2

BTW this is a torrent

Go The FORCE!!!!

vCash
    Got it, Love It!

Onya!

vCash
    Another class act from you STK, thanks for the great service.

vCash
    and I expect your report on my desk in the morning Flap-top

vCash
    I was 40 on Friday so have been celebrating a little too much since then, even watching Bath lose to London Irish on Saturday afternoon couldn't penetrate the beer haze I managed to immerse myself in.

Because of that I didn't listen to the radio commentary of the Force game and instead decided to download the torrent and try my very best to avoid the score until I had a chance to watch it last night...hence why I haven't been on this site for a few days...too many spoiler threads.

Mixed feelings on my part about the performance, I am sure by now many others have commented on the outstanding performance of Digby Ioane and to a slightly lesser degree Scott Staniforth, and the Force set plays were almost always well executed but the team lacked ideas after the second or third breakdown. Brock kicked away too much possession for a S14 No.10, those tactics do not work against a side not afraid to run back at you (to be fair Henjak didn't help with his delivery). The most dissapointing aspect however seemed to be the crabbing across field and the lack of protection of the ball in contact...I am confident that JM wont need armchair critics like me to point out what facet of the game the boys should be practicing this week, I think the Chiefs will be concerned about this Fridays game but Force must put points on the board when on offer...the boost of seeing the scoreboard tick over is worth so much.

A couple of things from a Northern Hemisphere viewer:

I was surprised at how the officials allow so many water carriers and medical staff on the pitch during play dressed in team colours. At one point I noticed about 6 additional people all with Force Blue T-shirts and Black shorts...in the NH all these people are made to wear bibs so that they do not get confused with players. Also the number of people allowed to run up and down the touchline...what is that about!

The penalty count for the Canes was very high and often repeat offences, yet no suggestion of a yellow card...that is what they were introduced for...they stop repeated offences...the ref was over officiating on the scrums and not using his cards at all...they help the game flow if used correctly.

I think the commentators mentioned a "great crowd" of about 15k, doesn't that just put the 37k at Subiaco into perspective...what a great support for the Force.

I am at the Gloucester v Bath game this weekend so hopefully will get the torrent for the Chiefs from STK again, just need to avoid the score!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Some very good points you raised Mr Flat-Top. I guess his pockets were sewn shut. A crown of 15k in NZ is huge. lots of jokes could be thrown in but relative to size of populaion of the area sorrounding the ground, its a big crowd for them.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    man i know sfu about this game but i do know we shoulda taken atleast one of the penalties as a kick for goal and the fumbles were poop, how can u play if u cant catch shouldnt that be a requirement to get into the team?

vCash
    I think you underestimate how quickly you are picking this up STK. Your spot on about the kicking decisions, I think in the first half the Force wanted to play to their strengths and go for an attacking line-out close to the Canes touchline (when you kick a ball into touch from a penalty you get the throw-in at the line). Trouble was that the Canes defended well, the Force then had another go thinking it couldn't happen again, and then again, and again, and again.

I can see how they got sucked in to those decisions by always thinking that they had to eventually get a break (didn't happen of course), but what was disappointing was after a half-time talk by the coach they followed the same unrewarding tactic rather than grab a moral lifting 3 points.

A new team and structure but one with some older and wiser heads that I would expect to step up and call a change in tactics on the field when required...you can't learn everything on the training paddock.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It is certainly an old point of conjecture however, in this instance, I could see absolutely no point in settling for three points.
    Penalty goals were never going to win this game for the Force.
    It always "interests" me that most often a drop goal (I mean early in the game, not to ensure a win) is seen as a sign that the attacking side has run out of ideas to get through the defence so they "settle" on a drop goal, where to take "the points on offer" from a penalty is seen as somehow being morale boosting.
    As a player and now as a supporter I have never seen any morale boost by scoring three points and as a player I was often the one scoring those points so it's not an anti kicker campaign here. Indeed, in many instances I would see it as morale sapping that the best you could do was get three points from all that effort!
    If the Force were getting thrashed at every lineout and breakdown then I would concede the issue, but they were in with a genuine shot on just about every occasion.
    To put this down to the "New Kids on the Block" or such like is really demeaning as well, this was a conscious decision pre match. There is no shortage of experience at this and higher levels to draw both in the coach’s box and on the paddock.
    The leadership group knew they had to cross the line on MANY occasions to ever have a hope of beating the Canes. To take the kick and possibly take the points, possibly not would have been an absolute waste of time.
    The result would be possibly a few points on the board and being on the back foot, deep in defence against one of the best teams going around.
    Game 1, different story, different scenario and different opponent. A penalty goal during the early part of the second half could well have snatched a victory.
    A penalty goal against the Canes and you have an entirely different game to comment on, there may not have been the seven kicks for touch, there may have been five more tries to the Canes, who knows, but one thing is for sure, it would not have resulted in a solitary point on the ladder for the Force.
    I admire the choice that the leadership group took, regardless of the result on this occasion, and it is such commitment and belief that will see this team rise to the top over the next few seasons.
    It was a game of all or nothing and it was horses for courses.
    This week it should be a much closer affair so I will be amazed if they let a kickable shot go past untested but come the Tahs or Crusaders I would put good money that the same tactics as against the Canes will be in place.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm not a sycophant but Burgs is right. I think I made a similar point on the penalties situation in another thread.

As well as his argument I suggest that increased actual playing time in an attacking role is far more constructive at this stage. Although with a sniff of a win against the Chiefs the game plan will be a lot more conventional as far as kicking penalties is concerned.

Go the Force

Just happy to be here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast