Thread: Force need helping hand- Connelly

vCash

Force need helping hand- Connelly

John Connely's column in today SMH....

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/j...e#contentSwap1

Thought this quote was particularly telling:
    They got under the guard of established unions Queensland, ACT and NSW, which have since been plotting their revenge.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    It's a good article, I like his comment that O'neill is in the habit of wanting the last comment on everything!He also says that we are a rugby mad public that need a rugby stadium as Subi is no good for watching rugby, perhaps we could get him to sign the petition! On the matter of Henjak he says that O'Neill would like to get rid of him. I hope Matt's got a good lawyer, he's going to need one

Rookie
    vCash
    Very interesting and intelligent article.. I hope some over here in the east realise that they also have a responsibility to the game NATIONALY and take into account the damage they cause by pushing their own narrow minded parochial barrows. I guess they think the fewer teams , the better chance they have to be financially sound and have on field success...I for one have fears for the game in the pressent climate of negativity

vCash
    Bugger, this is the first time I've agreed with John Conolly since....umm......birth!

I think he's pretty much on the money about everything, except maybe our ability to retain players. I know we'll lose a few players who we've put hard work into, situations like the Digby affair will continue, but I don't think they'll be quite as widespread as Knuckles implies. The telling line for me is the closing paragraph....:Force: are battling (and in my opinion succeeding) against all the odds at the moment due to the fact that they're the odd man out in Australian rugby, yet all they get from the ARU seems to be bad press and ridiculously stringent applications of agreements. The ARU do need to worry, The is good for aussie rugby-far better than a Melbourne team based upon attendance figures at recent games, and the ARU will be in far greater financial difficulty without money helping keep RugbyWA solvent!

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Ditto that GIGST. Players will line up behind a team where they can start and behind a team with a coach of Mitchell's calibre. Facing facts he is the most experienced coach in the Super 14. The Reds say they want Pocock back but the boy's been here 3 years already and he is a starter while at the Reds he is in wait behind David Croft. He has a coach who was a backrower who will help him improve his skills better than Mooney can. The Force are a team that last year at least were a lot more successful than the Reds. I don't know what Pocock's family are up to or what the situation is there but in his case the reasons for coming over here are the same reasons for staying.

vCash
    You only need to look at Digby for an example of why people will play for the Digby was a bloody mess when he came here, but left to become a star of the Reds.....good coaching does that. His potential was maximised by a staff who knows what they're doing. Sure some will take the input and move on, this is professional rugby. and you can't blame Digby for moving away from a team where he's the number 3 pick in the back three to a team where he's the superstar winger! He's still dodgy under the high ball though.......watch when we play the Reds, I bet he'll get a lot of bomb action from Gits!

C'mon the