Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Henjak Returns to Perth to Face Tribunal

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Henjak Returns to Perth to Face Tribunal

RugbyWA wishes to advise that Matt Henjak has returned from South Africa to attend in person the Serious Misconduct Tribunal Hearing to be held at 4pm on Tuesday 19 February 2008.

The lawyer representing Matt Henjak had requested that the Tribunal Hearing be further adjourned until the team returns from South Africa to allow Henjak to attend the hearing in person and not by way of video or telephone link up.

The Chairman of the Tribunal would not agree to the request, and, as a consequence of this, the RugbyWA Board resolved that Henjak return to Perth immediately so that he may attend the Tribunal Hearing in person.

RugbyWA also strongly refutes media reports today that suggest that the recruitment of another half back by the team is related to the case regarding Matt Henjak & Haig Sare.

Adam Clarke, a back up half back to Henjak, sustained a season ending neck injury in early January, and a process to secure a replacement was commenced some time ago. The ARU has been assisting in this process.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    According to Foxsports Henjak has apologised for his behaviour and has said he will do what ever it takes to get over his "problem". Apprently he was renegotiating his contract. His manager made the comment that Henjak is being penalised for a physical altercation that he did not start and also says the media have waged a campaign against him which is true in the eastern states

vCash
    With Henners in Perth, it would almost rule him out from playing against the Cheetahs this weekend. If the decision is in Henners favour, the earliest that he could board a flight back to SAfr is Wednesday, leaving him under 48hrs to prepare for the game once he lands in SAfr. As I read it, Gits might start at 9, Chuckie on the bench or chuckie starting, gits moving to 9 for the last 1/2 hr and Daruda/Mackay coming into flyhalf.

The permutations about our lineup this week will be a lot clearer after Tuesday.

Last edited by oxleymoron; 17-02-08 at 14:49.

vCash
    if henjak cant get back stanard is still a good option

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    if henjak cant get back stanard is still a good option

stanard is an option, but i doubt if he would play the full game, i'm with oxley on this one, gits at nine for the first half and take it from there......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    With Henners in Perth, it would almost rule him out from playing against the Cheetahs this weekend. If the decision is in Henners favour, the earliest that he could board a flight back to SAfr is Wednesday, leaving him under 48hrs to prepare for the game once he lands in SAfr. As I read it, Gits might start at 9, Chuckie on the bench or chuckie starting, gits moving to 9 for the last 1/2 hr and Daruda/Mackay coming into flyhalf.

The permutations about our lineup this week will be a lot clearer after Tuesday.
    Edited - makes more sense now.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I'm inclined to think that, with the ELVs opening the game up for the halfback, they'd be better off with Stannard starting and switching Giteau in with 15-20min to go if necessary. Giteau can have far more influence on the score at 10 than 9.

Rookie
    vCash
    Geez, I'm glad the coach and players have more faith in Chukka than some of you guys.With all the talk of doom and gloom concerning him playing , and reports of the apparent manic search for a new halfback...must fill him with confidence . Don't panic, I'll bet he won't let the team down if he's selected...fingers crossed eh?

vCash
    yea he played great in the last 5-10 minutes when he came on. i dont see why he cant do the job.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    The only way to find out if Chuckie is up to the job is to start him and see how he goes.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    either way *fingers crossed for henjack*

vCash
    ch10 news had cameras at the airport, it was on sports tonight, henjak was tight lipped and said nothing......

vCash
    You'd expect that...His lawywer will have told him to say nothing, particularly with a hostile media....I'd say chuckie is a definite option for significant time against the Cheetahs....They're not going to put the same pressure on the 1/2 back, and Git's can't be gits that close to the ruck....I'd use Gits as his backup, but begin the game with the idea that he'll see the game out, only changing if he has a shocker or gets hurt!

As for Henners, I think his manager is right on the money.......it probably won't change anything though!

C'mon the

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Its a sad way for him to go but I think he'll be leaving WA very soon.
    He had shown some signs of maturing and even potential in leadership areas - I think his past chooks will come home to roost.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Chukka has played 80 minutes of football many times before; I'm sure he can do it alone again if called upon. And I'll put money on him being able to come back and do it even better the next time.

Even if Henjak makes it back, he's been injured before and will no doubt get injured again. We need someone who can play 9 NOW and Stannard is it.

I don't think Gits shoud be relied upon as a backup scrumie unless an absolute necessity. Whilst Gits did OK when playing 9, he never really looked comfortable in the role - Stannard does look comfortable at 9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast