Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Brawling Henjak faces sack

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    there is also a heartbreaking twist to this story that I'm sure the media will break within the next few days..
    come on Jess, what is it, we're allowed to have exclusives as well

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    The problem is that neither players were actually thinking at the time. For all Henjak's issues i still believe the last thing he would ever want to do is jeopardise his career. Unfortunately his short sightedness could cost him that. I just don't think he needs anyone to point it out. I'm pretty sure him and everyone on the team is already kicking him up the backside

vCash
    Apparently there has been a bit of bad blood between the two for a while now so it hasn't come as much of a surprise that it all came to a head on Sunday night. ...........and the players don't seem to happy either.
    If that's the case and both were partly at fault then the player group should get past it by Saturday. These things happen in such a large group.

If not it's a terrible blow for Haig Sare. If he caused the barney himself, tough.

Also if the second case is right and it's left bad blood in the player group they should deal with it now. It's not as if the witnesses are hard to get hold of. Low team morale leading into the season opener could do more damage than an inexperienced player. I'm trusting the Staff and players to make the right calls. Anything else could be a disaster.

vCash
    What better time to deal with the problem than a plane trip where no-one can go hide behind anything, it can be kept between only the team (assuming they get privacy on the plane) and all issues can be aired in the open for all to know and discuss without the media to take parts and quote out of context. Bit of team bonding!!

vCash
    what sare stole his gf or vice cersa whats the heartbreaking twist jess...

vCash
    there is also a heartbreaking twist to this story that I'm sure the media will break within the next few days..
    Why the hell would you mention that? Now I have to know....let me guess, Matt Giteau didn't like how his mate was treated when they tore up Henners contract in private so Giteau will be in SA courting the South African clubs to play next year for thier Super 14 teams?

vCash
    I'm not saying anything because it's not my place to say and in the off chance it's just a rumour I'd rather not say anything until a statement is made.

Nothing to do with stolen girlfriends or anything.

I'm sorry I mentioned this.

I vote we stop speculating and wait until some official statements are released and the players are given a chance to present evidence and put their own cases forward.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    I'm not saying anything because it's not my place to say and in the off chance it's just a rumour I'd rather not say anything until a statement is made.

Nothing to do with stolen girlfriends or anything.

I'm sorry I mentioned this.

I vote we stop speculating and wait until some official statements are released and the players are given a chance to present evidence and put their own cases forward.
    Cheers Jess... I love a bit of gossip as much as the next person, but you're quite right- we don't know whats going on and the speculation doesn't help anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    we don't know whats going on and the speculation doesn't help anyone.
    Now if only the media could get a grip on this logic. Unfortunately their sauces have proved pretty accurate so far.

vCash
    Can I say how scared I am for him - it is unlikely that he will get a Wallaby Gig now and he will end up in Europe and whatever is going on with him might well get worse there without his mate etc..

Hopefully this is the thing that makes him grow up / out of whatever it is that puts him in this stupid situations but that's a hard change to make under the glare of media spotlight

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Can I say how scared I am for him - it is unlikely that he will get a Wallaby Gig now and he will end up in Europe and whatever is going on with him might well get worse there without his mate etc..

Hopefully this is the thing that makes him grow up / out of whatever it is that puts him in this stupid situations but that's a hard change to make under the glare of media spotlight
    Sorry TQ1, for me it's a case of leopard and spots....he ain't gunna change

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Now if only the media could get a grip on this logic. Unfortunately their sauces have proved pretty accurate so far.
    Quite surprisingly so - who'd of thought any of the WF staff or players would be on talking terms with the media after the last year...

vCash
    Hopefully they play Stannard alot during this SA trip, I think Henners will probably be at the end of the road, either now or at the end of the season. So hopefully Stannard or this Southland bloke stands up by the end of the season...and Giteau doesn't miss his mate too much and stays here...

Apprentice
    vCash
    I believe in people changin and growing up after a alteration in there life but Henjak had one last year which would have been much bigger considering it was the wallabies etc. He should have cleaned up his act then if growin up is what he needs to do.. a slap on the wrist is not goin to faze him in the slightest.

We need to do something if we dont want to look like the AFL on the hole ben cosins and other players of that sort, as they have slipped in every angle of there game eg ticket sales and loosing valuble players etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liana_annelise View Post
    I believe in people changin and growing up after a alteration in there life but Henjak had one last year which would have been much bigger considering it was the wallabies etc. He should have cleaned up his act then if growin up is what he needs to do.. a slap on the wrist is not goin to faze him in the slightest.
    THREE years ago and it was for throwing ice...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast