Thread: Highlanders def Blues

vCash

Highlanders def Blues

Going by thusaul rule in a trail you would claim a victory to the Blues, so does that mean "call it a draw". I doubt it. From the Foxsports website (The good one, the Aussie one)

Highlanders overwhelm Blues - Super 14 - Fox Sports

Highlanders overwhelm Blues

From staff reporters
    February 08, 2008 THE Highlanders have defeated the Blues 42-21 in a Super 14 trial in Dunedin.

Former Highlanders star Nick Evans did his part for the Blues in his first visit to Carisbrook since leaving last year, the five-eighth contributing 16 points with two tries and three conversions as the visitors claimed a 21-7 half-time lead.

Prop John Afoa also touched down for the Blues before the Highlanders took charge of the game.

The hosts, boosted by flawless goalkicking from Daniel Bowden, scored five tries in the second half, as they gave themselves a pick-me-up ahead of their opening Super 14 match against Queensland in Brisbane.

The Blues open their campaign at home to the Chiefs.

AAP

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Considering most people think the Highlanders have no chance and the Blues will be right up there in the coming season it puts the Tahs wins into perspective...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    It was something I liked about Force v Crusaders- we were on top at half time despite losing but by all accounts players like Ali Williams and Scott Hamilton and Leon MacDonald who have experience to match talent stayed on and during this time we made a decent account of ourselves (12-7 and almost a win on the buzzer) we applied the same process this week and while the Reds did the same we ended up on top of both half and full time ledgers. I find this quite exciting really. I always worried about our depth but these trial matches have really given me a confidence boost coming into the season.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Going by thusaul rule in a trail you would claim a victory to the Blues...
    Up to a point, but that is a shocking lot of points to cough up in the second half!

vCash
    Yeah but You've gotta look at the game to know whether losing by that margin is an issue. If the Blues change for their academy at 1/2 time....or throw in some new plays to 'see how they go' or basically try anything that just DOESN'T WORK.....They could well give up a cricket score....Nucifora could've been in the coaches box saying Stick with it, if we can make it work, we'll have something really good here.

You just never know in a trial!

The reason I was so happy with the vs reds trial was that it looked more like we were the ones experimenting and they were playing it pretty tight, we still came away with a mass of points in each half.

I'd think the Highlanders might just roll the reds and begin the season with some confidence......it's amazing what confidence can do in a game of rugby, they might climb to 7 this year!

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I don't know 7 is around as many wins as losses. I think that'd be optimistic for them.

vCash
    I said might, and I said with an attitude shift....It's basically as high as I can see them climbing if everything goes right for them. But you never know, stranger things have happened. Fairytales sometimes come true. It's about as possible as the Waratahs living up to the hype they've received this year!

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I said might, and I said with an attitude shift....It's basically as high as I can see them climbing if everything goes right for them. But you never know, stranger things have happened. Fairytales sometimes come true. It's about as possible as the Waratahs living up to the hype they've received this year!
    The World Cup was last year. And the Waratahs weren't in it. Therefore can't live up to the hype.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Up to a point, but that is a shocking lot of points to cough up in the second half!
    oh i agree, so obviously their youngsters didnt perform or theres a poroblem with the side as a whole