Western Force coach John Mitchell believes his side has the game plan to defeat the Brumbies in their inaugural Super 14 match at Subiaco Oval on Friday night.

The Force players have trained for the last time ahead of their season opener.

Mitchell dismissed injury and illness reports out of the Brumbies camp and was confident his side could win.

Brumbies players Bill Young, Stirling Mortlock and Mark Gerrard are all in doubt with a virus.

But Mitchell thought the trio would play.

"That old chestnut hey, it's obviously competition time and all these sorts of things pop out ... no, we're really looking forward to playing them," he said.

"They have been the side in Australia that has certainly been the benchmark at Super 12 level.

"They've brought back all their guns and that's fantastic for us to play against all these players."

Mitchell warned fans to expect a rollercoaster first season.

"I think that's sport. In my lifetime as a player and a coach I don't think things have always been rosy, it always will be a bit of a rollercoaster and you've just got to hang in there in tough times," he said.

"That's the aspect where our group has to come together in difficult situations."

View the Original Article - ABC