Thread: Concerns over increased attendance at tah game.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash

Concerns over increased attendance at tah game.

Dear Agony Aunt,

In April I'm going to Brisbane to watch the Force wup the Reds arses with a bunch of fellow Force supporters, which will be great but the following day I travel to Sydney where I am supposed to go watch the powder puff Tahs try to play a game of rugby. With such a large group going to a tahs game (there will be 6 of us) do you think I should phone ahead to ensure that they are prepared to cater for the dramatic increase in attendance? In addition, should we sit apart so as not to intimidate the tah players and supporters?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

vCash
    Dear EnForcer,
    I can completely understand your concerns re the catering for your attendance at the 'Tahs game. but i think calling to announce your attendance will only serve to heighten the team's performance anxiety. By calling you are suggesting to them that they are incapable of catering for such a large crowd, they are liely to take offence to this premise, no matter how true it is.

Your safest course of action is to turn up in much the way that the 'Tahs loyal supporters do, this will make your presence less intibidating. If you are unsure exactly how the fan base of the Waratahs normally behave, I can give you his details, he will be delighted to finally have some company.

I would recommend making arrangements to cater for your own needs at the ground as your attendance will grossly stress the facilities, I'd suggest the purchase of a 'Beer Belly' or similar device, and possibly a bucket or tin can if your bladder isn't going to last until the game finishes (Don't worry too much though, 'Tahs games are usually pretty much over about 35 seconds after kickoff) Eat before the game, and take some money for a kebab after the game if eating and drinking are things you enjoy.

The strongest advice I can leave you is not to look directly into the eyes of the Waratahs players. They will completely turn to water under a scrutinising gaze, this is the reason they have paid every journalist on the east coast to pump sunshine up their ass in toxic quantities whilst dragging up every fictional muckraking story about any other rugby franchise in the country.

In short EnForcer, treat this like any other game you would attend....except for one or two things that you (as a Western Force fan would normally experience)
    1. A game of Rugby being played by two teams
    2. Ample catering
    3. Queues at the entry turnstiles
    4. Somebody to sing the national anthem with you
    5. A good time

Thanks for your time EnForcer, Jess will be back on Agony Aunt duty soon!

C'mon the

vCash

Classic - both of you!

Another thing to note - as you make your way around town, you may not actually see anyone wearing the powder puff blue, and you may wonder whether you've got the wrong day, and there's no match on. Don't panic - this is quite normal!

Likewise, be prepared for locals to stare and point, as they may be confused as to the identity of this large group of 6 people all wearing matching jerseys in a proper shade of blue.

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Em-Forcer View Post

Classic - both of you!

Another thing to note - as you make your way around town, you may not actually see anyone wearing the powder puff blue, and you may wonder whether you've got the wrong day, and there's no match on. Don't panic - this is quite normal!

Likewise, be prepared for locals to stare and point, as they may be confused as to the identity of this large group of 6 people all wearing matching jerseys in a proper shade of blue.
    Such harsh words, they can't elp if they got the wong colour of blue!

vCash
    You guys are just jealous we had the best blue first. Sexual frustration purple was all thats left and well, red is just tragic.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    You guys are just jealous we had the best blue first. Sexual frustration purple was all thats left and well, red is just tragic.
    A '70's band by the name of Steppenwolf had a great LP and song called "snow blind friend". All about a guy whose vision of life was tainted by the drugs he'd taken.

We could always rework the songs words to "Colour blind friend". For 'tahs supporters.

(give me just a little more time, and my ........... is sure to grow)

vCash
    As long as its not about your snow balling friend, we will get along fine.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    In my experience they try and give tickets away......

Western Force Rugby Supporters Site

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Oh gawd!!! I can't believe that gag still has some gas in it. Pullleaseee....

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    As much gas as an SMH journalist discussing the 'Tahs chances of making the final!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    As much gas as an SMH journalist discussing the 'Tahs chances of making the final!
    Is that more or less gas than Growden after eating a dozen dodgy meat pies?

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    You keep asking the eternal questions don't you Jedi?

How long is a ball of string? How many Angels can you fit on the head of a pin?

C'mon the