Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The TWF Family

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

The TWF Family

“Greetings from the bush people.
    1000kms north of Force Central on a cattle station that is!
    Great work on the website so far Coach, looking forward to seeing it develop as we go…”

So here I am, 27 or so months later having joined a humble one-man project , the 39th member.
    I just checked my first “Introductions” thread and I was welcomed by Chief, Larry, Eel, Coach, no.8 and GirlsDigDirtyRugbyPlayers.
    I don’t think there could of been anyone else active of the other 32 signed up as we used to jump on every single thread like blowies to a turd back then!
    Who would have thought back then that we would see that vision turn into this wonderful site we call our own?
    Well, apart from the boss man I guess!

It occurred to me recently that sites like TWF are a bit like a family, you know the old saying, “You can pick your friends but you can’t pick your family!”
    Anyone is welcome through the membership door and has the opportunity to portray themselves however they wish to.
    And that’s when the “family” simile kicks in.

Some members don’t get on, some members will never see eye to eye.
    Some members have a few terse words with each other but by morning all is forgotten.
    Some members get teased, some thrive on the practical joke or being the cannon fodder.
    Some are leaders, some are followers, some have moments of inspiration and then slide back into the shadows happy to go with the flow.
    Some members are serious and some go to sleep laughing.
    Some share personal hardships behind closed doors, others are respected as a closed book.
    Relationships with the “in-laws” can change dramatically over time too, with a solid foundation laid with the Force Staff, it wasn’t always that way.
    Occasionally some members are kicked out of home and others leave to make a statement, mainly to their own loss.
    Some members are young and full of life, others are older and more world weary.
    But at the end of the day, like a real family, there is one common theme that will always bind the TWF Family together, a passion for our very own team, The Western Force.

However, I think the main thing that sets TWF apart from other Union team supporter forum sites is the strong tie that has been established with the grand old Clubhouse, J.B. O'Reilly's!
    Not only has it been the source many regular Members it has also given us a focal point for generating support, brain storming new ideas and directions and of course holding the first of many TWF Player of the Year Awards nights!
    (It’s also handy for knowing were to find half the Membership when they aren’t online!)
    Even for those who haven’t and may never actually walk through the door, I feel there is a certain comfort that there is actually some tangible “real world” place that means some of the true values of a group are maintained from the old way of doing things, we aren’t just a mob of strangers sitting in front of blinking screens.

I’m tremendously proud of this humble little place that Coach founded and we have all helped build in our own little ways.
    I think it is a great demonstration of “you get out what you put in”.
    But, you ain’t seen nuthin’ yet!

While “Coach Evil” sits up in the skull as our brain, the other 1,410 Members are the bones of the skeleton and, now coming into our third season, it’s time to put some meat on this sucker!
    Be proud of attracting new members to the site, handing cards out to those sitting around you at Subi or when you come across Rugby followers in your day to day world.
    Get involved with the various quiz nights, EWF tables or InnForcer Tours if you are able.
    Start thinking of decent songs that we can have a crack at for season ’09.
    Put forward your crazy ideas by posting a thread or sending Coach or the Mods a PM and see if it just may float.
    You’d be amazed how many initiatives on TWF we now take for granted started that way!!!

So, as I build towards basically disappearing through until October as I trot around the globe in a Rugby drought, I would like to thank all who contribute to TWF, in various ways, for making it worthy of being proud of.
    While my contribution will certainly virtually cease in a couple of weeks, I’ll certainly be checking in whenever I can to see how you’re all going.

Maybe you can’t pick your family, but I’m grateful for the friends I’ve made out of the TWF Family.

You pricks are alright

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Awwwww shucks.

Who's the pissed grab ass uncle that you cant leave alone with the teenage girls.......every family has one Burgs!

C'mon the

vCash

Congrats, Burgs - you're a legend!

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

vCash
    Have a great trip Burgs & send I look forward to your vpostcards!!

I suspect that you may catch the occasional game of rugby on your travels.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    good one burgs, enjoy your tour - it's your turn now you lucky bastard!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    We'ill miss U very much - bet your're still top poster when U come back - can't wait for the VLetters you'ill have some adventures mate - we'ill be richer for your experiences but will worry for U - write you bastard

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Congratz on 10,000 posts, Burgs
    Good on ya

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    write you bastard
    couldn't have put it better myself

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Great post #10,000 dude!

As you head off the station for a few months you'll soon realize that most hotels have a few PC's with internet access for their guest. So there's no excuses, you must post several times a week. Maybe we could have a "Tracking Burgs" google map.

Whatever happened to GirlsDigDirtyRugbyPlayers??

Last edited by LarryNJ; 25-01-08 at 07:30.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    rumour has it the real reason for your trip is to study the benefits of daylight saving

vCash
    have a good trip. be safe and we'll be here when you get back

vCash
    Coach is our dad, he's a mormon with several wives including TQ1, Em & RW. TLH is our great great great granddad.

vCash
    awww Burgs that was beautiful!

I love thinking about TWF as a family. We all play a role in making the site what it is and I know I'm proud as punch when I convince someone to become a member. Just like little Matty Beaver whom you all love... right? right? I've been telling customers all about it and giving out cards after showing off the lovely trophey with the closing line 'tell them Jess sent you'.

Big congratulations on the big 10,000 Burgs! Puts the rest of our post counts to shame it does. Hope your travels bring you nothing but happiness and that you keep in touch as often as you can because by now you should know how much we all love hearing what you have to say.

Be happy (or Burgs), be good and have a blast! Oh and go the force!

PS. (does dating within TWF ranks equal incest?)

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    PS. (does dating within TWF ranks equal incest?)

Em' & Harry are sickos!!!!

vCash
    I shall not be throwing anything at them.

'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'

I made Happy sad...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast