Thread: Freier aiming high in 2008

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Freier aiming high in 2008

Does anyone else think that for a pretty average rake like Freier to have accumulated 20 Tests is a very bad sign for the talent pool of (Union) Hookers in this country???

Freier aiming high in 2008

December 21, 2007 - 2:50pm
    Story by: Sportal

Powerhouse hooker Adam Freier will commence the 2008 Super 14 season in the best physical condition of his career courtesy of an extended pre-season with the Waratahs.

Freier, a member of the Wallabies World Cup squad, took out the Waratahs' annual strongman challenge on Thursday, which saw the players tested over six disciplines.

"It's good to take it off one of the Tongans who have just dominated in the past," Freier joked of his victory.

"There's still some strong monsters out there - Tatafu (Polota-Nau) and Matty (Dunning) are both that, I think they can hold the unofficial reign but I'll take the trophy for the time being."

But Freier, who assumed the captaincy in Phil Waugh's absence for much of last season, has his sights set on more silverware.

"This year I'm 27, 28 next year, and this is where you start thinking a Super 14 title is what you want," he said.

"To think that we have such a good squad and really there is an opportunity to do that."

A veteran of 67 Super Rugby matches and 20 Test caps, Freier also has his sights set on cementing the Wallabies' No.2 jersey currently occupied by Reds hooker Stephen Moore.

"In the past I've always said that you look at NSW and you want to win that but I think you're lying to say that you don't think green-and-gold as well," Freier said.

"Although last (domestic international season) I played every Test I'd definitely like to be wearing a different jersey during the majority of those Tests."

However Freier knows a successful season with the Waratahs obviously won't harm his chances of higher individual honours.

"Personally I think that if we can win (the Super 14 competition) and compete and do very well all that other stuff looks after itself," he said.

"I am very passionate about NSW and very passionate about winning the Super 14 as much as I am about playing for Australia."

Steve Orme

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Well, young Adam. I can think of two rakes wearing blue who will give you a MASSIVE run for your money!

TPN is probably going to make you look ordinary, and I think he's got another season before he hits his straps.

All in all you're washed up, you should've gone to Japan and JP should've stayed here, that would at least have been some competition!

C'mon the

vCash
    Met him a couple of times at RWC and once at RugbyWA for the Fiji game - at RugbyWA he seemed upset at all the fuss that the locals were causing cause we wanted to know if Staniforth would get a cap.

In France he just seemed snotty - didn't like the Western Force Jersey I was wearing etc.. explained that GTT existed just like TWF etc.. - like someone in a permanent bad mood - if he's like that behind closed doors well it would be hard to see a team succeed around him - might have just caught him on an off day - and he was getting a fair bit of stick in the press about being a bit to light !

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Hes passionate about the Tahs....sweet, cause hopefully he will never wear the gold again and can play shitloads more games for those powder puff crew..A average goer, in the right place at the right time. Dont get me wrong, im sure he is proud to be a Wallaby as he should be, then again so is Trestle. Lets hope we never see them again!

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    With ya on this TLH

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    His lineout division is probably hoping he isn't aiming too high though...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Based on past experience I don't think they'll be expecting too much!

C'mon the

vCash
    geez they couldve ironed the shirt before they gave it to Deans!!!!