Thread: Local Sauces.

vCash

Local Sauces.

I'll be at work on the night in question but I recall there'll be a couple of WA media sauces in attendance at the TWF Player-of-the-Year presso.

Perhaps one of our TWF sleuths could ask them what's behind the SMH vendetta. They could fill us all in here by quoting "Highly placed sauces inside "

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    If push came to shove that the SMH would say that the vendetta is not against RugbyWA or Western Force but against one of our sponsors and RugbyWA and the Western Force are just a side effect of a continued and ongoing journalistic investigation by Gerard Ryle to "get to the bottom of" an Australian company that just happens to be a sponsor of the Emirates Western Force.

Apparently Gerald Ryles is a very good investigative journalist and has in the past been awarded highly coveted gongs for his work - some are already saying that he is a good chance for another prize with his current work.

This is by no means a justification for this current spate of articles - just a assumed method for the madness.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    "Highly placed sauces inside "

NOOOOOOooooo!
    I have enough trouble reaching the top-shelf now.
    Don't place the sauces any higher.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I'll be at work on the night in question but I recall there'll be a couple of WA media sauces in attendance at the TWF Player-of-the-Year presso.

Perhaps one of our TWF sleuths could ask them what's behind the SMH vendetta. They could fill us all in here by quoting "Highly placed sauces inside "
    I spoke with one of WA's rugby media yesterday and he believes that EVERYTHING the SMH has written is substantiated and true and it is more the beginning than the end..........It pains me to say, but it will get A LOT worse before it gets better.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Apparently Gerald Ryles is a very good investigative journalist and has in the past been awarded highly coveted gongs for his work - some are already saying that he is a good chance for another prize with his current work.
    Mm I having said that Ex, like i said to Force1 though when he brought this up, the fact that he's won awards has little to do with whether he is an honest and reputable journo...

Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    Firstly, winning a string of awards in journalism is not conducive to making you a good and honest journalist. Good journalism rarely has much to do with the truth. It's not about the truth. It's about developing and presenting a convincing argument that will cause controversy, speculation and bring in ratings and subsequently revenue. Don't give me this bullshit about being in it for the good of the people. He's an investigative journo. He's in it for the story not for the truth. And yes whilst i respect his achievements in journalism and the many awards he has won, those awards are equally as little about the truth as the journo's behind the award winning stories. It's an image game, not a truth game.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    You can't handle the truth.

At least, thats what Jack told me.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Jehna - I have no opinion on the reporters ability - I was just attempting to offer a possible explanation

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco