Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What a load of crock!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

What a load of crock!!!

SMH Mungo Jurno Jacquelin Magnay has put up another load of dribble..

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...036890228.html

I don't know if she wants to get the job of CHIEF RUGBY CORRESPONDENT in place of the deposed Grumbles Growden but she sure is following in his footsteps with absolute CRAPOLA>>>

"A WITNESS has come forward to reveal that more than four Western Force Super 14 players, some of them dressed only in underpants, terrorised scores of quokkas for more than an hour after a heavy drinking session at a Rottnest Island bar on Friday night.

Sydney resident Dan Andrews, who was visiting the island off Perth last weekend, said the quokkas were traumatised and he feared at least one may have been seriously hurt with injuries to its back. Rottnest Island rangers have been looking for evidence of mistreatment of the native marsupials to charge the players with the maximum fine of $10,000. So far, they have found no evidence. Western Australia police media said inquiries into the matter were continuing.

Andrews has described a scene of mayhem about 10pm last Friday night to the rangers. He has tried to give the same information to the Western Force, but officials have told him they will not reconvene a disciplinary committee unless more information is forthcoming from the ranger. Andrews said there were disturbing incidents, including one Western Force Super 14 player enacting a series of outstretched, diving tries holding a milk crate, with the touchdown gleefully noted whenever the player caught a hapless quokka in the crate.

"Sometimes the quokka's tail wasn't captured within the milk crate, and then when the player was sick of that he started hurling the milk crate," Andrews said. "It was horrible to see them pick on little animals. Some of them were just babies and they only weigh three to five kilograms."

He said another player picked up a quokka by the tail, rotating it several times above his head and then releasing it, hammer-throw style across the grass.

Andrews said he and some Irish tourists, who also witnessed the scene, had begged the players to stop the harassment and had repeatedly told them it was illegal to touch the quokkas. The players also helped themselves to the tourists' beer and a bicycle without permission.

"We told them to stop handling the quokkas. We told them how it was an offence under state law but they ignored us," he said. "At one point, we were pleading with them that the quokkas were revered almost like a state animal, certainly a Perth icon, and as a team from Perth, they should respect that. They didn't listen and it just got to the point that we went inside so as not to give them an audience, and we just hoped that they stopped."

So we have a warm evening on Rotto...the start of schoolies week.....and there is only your "witness" and "some Irish tourists" outside a bar for "more then a hour" and to top that off.....your "witness" identified Force players from being dressed "only in their underpants"

Wow......I need to get some of those Western Force Underpants....

NOTE TO JAC......Honey.....maybe your mate Force1 has had his source cut off, but you seriously need to get off the "lets hate the Force wagon"...stick to writing for mungoball...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Hmm its a bit suss I must admit. Perhaps it shouldn't be written off completely though. I do find it odd that they never told the police or rangers at the time or that said police or rangers didn't notice what sounds like quite a commotion. It doesn't help the veracity of the article that it was a Sydney resident and some other Irish tourists (who would be very difficult to track down to validate the claims). That said I would be severely disappointed and feel let down if the claims turned out to be completely true.

Another thing I find somewhat confusing is as you say Gerry that how exactly does anyone know these guys were the Force players? I would recognize Force players but I can't say the same about Eagles or Dockers were at best I might recognize one or two. How does a Sydneyer and some Irish tourists who wouldn't support the Force know them? Hmm.

vCash
    i propose an ebargo on TWF members reading SMH and Rugbyheaven articles... im getting sick of these unsubstantiated stories being distributed.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Andrews has described a scene of mayhem about 10pm last Friday night to the rangers
    So there is a state wide conspiracy theory? Rangers got this story but covered it up, all other island visitors also hushed it up, and those that did come forward to rangers told stories of Quokkas only being picked up and put down again....

enacting a series of outstretched, diving tries holding a milk crate, with the touchdown gleefully noted whenever the player caught a hapless quokka in the crate.
    I seriously doubt a quokka is gonna stand still enough for someone to "score a touchdown" in this manner - but suggesting it was done more than once sounds totally ridiculous...

Rottnest Island rangers have been looking for evidence of mistreatment of the native marsupials to charge the players with the maximum fine of $10,000
    I would have thought they were looking for evidence to ascertain whether a serious offense has actually occurred or if it was a reasonably innocent incident which has been exploited and beat up and by certain members of the media...

I'm inclined to agree with Gerry - this sounds like total fabrication.

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Shes got at least 4 witnesses ... who in true Sydney style ring a journo, pity none spoke to police/rangers etc.
    And of course, having a couple of thousand drunken schoolies on the Island meant that not another living soul ever tried to catch a quokka ... Those buggers get out of the way when they want to.

I really like the "they helped themselves to the Irish tourists beer" bit. I'm partial to a guiness and drink with several Irish gents. Anyone "helpin themselves" to their beer would be in for a right wollopin, not a gentle note to a journo.

Shes a pillock

vCash
    it was all true. i was there.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Lets see, someone is wearing only underpants and is doing swan dives holding a milk crate trying to catch a Quokka. There should be blood everywhere. There was last time I went A over T in jocks in the dirt. But then I'm not a Force player

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    ROTTNEST ISLAND AUTHORITY ACT 1987 - SECT 32
    Obstruction of rangers

32 . Obstruction of rangers
    A person shall not resist, delay or in any way obstruct a ranger in the performance of his functions.

Penalty: $1 000 and imprisonment for 6 months

--------------------------------------------------

We've got a few lawyers here...how would a false statement to a ranger be interpreted?

vCash
    There's been enough said in the press recently about loutish behaviour from sports stars. I for one hope there's either nothing in this and that's it is yet another SMH beat up or that management come down on any idiots who were involved like a ton of bricks and put a stop to it immediately.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    why the hell was the force doing at rottynest during schoolies anyway - isn't that just tempting fate .. and besides, rules is rules Jacko, even if they weren't hammer throwing them - touch a quokka and your arse is grass, or underpants as the case may be! There is no excuse for not knowing you don't touch those animals, there are hundreds of signs to tell you that!!!

I'm with you innnocent quokka!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    schoolies hadnt started leavers werent allowed on the island till monday
    they wouldnt of been able to get accomodation if it was schoolies

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I curious to know how and why a Sydneysider and some Irish tourists not only knew the state law about the little pests but wanted to help enFORCE it??

I think I smell smoke

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I curious to know how and why a Sydneysider and some Irish tourists not only knew the state law about the little pests but wanted to help enFORCE it??

I think I smell smoke

I smell a quokka......oh wait i meant rat...........

vCash
    I'M NOT A RAT!

vCash
    I think I now know what the Eagles supporters have been going through this whole year. Next year can't come soon enough.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast