Thread: Shane Drahm warned about future conduct

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Shane Drahm warned about future conduct

Shane Drahm warned about future conduct

by Paul Bolton

His Honour Judge Jeff Blackett, the Rugby Football Union's disciplinary officer, has warned Shane Drahm, the Worcester Warriors fly-half, about his future conduct following a court appearance earlier this week.

Blackett said: "Shane Drahm pleaded guilty at Worcester Magistrates' Court to an offence of unlawful wounding following an incident on 29 June 2007 and was sentenced to a community order involving 200 hours of unpaid work. He was also ordered to pay the victim £3000 compensation.

"The magistrates accepted that Mr Drahm was severely provoked by racist comments and that he only struck his victim once, albeit causing a wound which required 15 stitches and leaving an eight inch scar. (Decent hit!!!)

"I have considered whether to take further action against Mr Drahm under RFU Rule 5.12 for bringing the Game into disrepute. I have decided that such action is not necessary because of the circumstances of the case, the fact that Mr Drahm has already been punished appropriately through the criminal process, he has apologised publicly and I have no doubt that his remorse is genuine.

"In those circumstances I believe it would be disproportionate to take any further disciplinary action particularly as he has conducted himself impeccably after the incident and during the criminal proceedings and has thus done all he can to repair any damage to the image of the Game. However, I have decided to warn him as to his future conduct and directed that this warning be recorded."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    and that he only struck his victim once, albeit causing a wound which required 15 stitches and leaving an eight inch scar.
    An eight inch scar

8 inchs = 20.3cm or 203mm

I think someone is stretching the truth a bit 15 stitches won't hold a cut that long.
    Maybe 8cm scar, but that doesn't sound as impressive

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Player
    vCash
    obviously used rope for the stitches, good observation
    bloody crackers (its a joke, im a honky too)