Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Austadiums article on Members Equity Stadium

Senior Player
    vCash

Austadiums article on Members Equity Stadium

Howdie folks.

Just thought you guys would like to know, that in the next day or so, there will be an article that explains the latest on Members Equity. I think many of you will be surprised at what is said and that the fight for the redevelopment of the venue is not over, despite what the State Government and Major Stadia Taskforce says.

Some of what is also said, will be able to contradict what the Major Stadia Taskforce said about Members Equity Stadium.

Should be up when the lazy victorian, has an opportunity. I would suspect it is tommorow sometime, but you never know.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    soo sad, members are leaving because of this mess

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Senior Player
    vCash
    It should be actually on tonight.

Will post it up when it is up...

Senior Player
    vCash
    Its up folks. Because of exam time there are many other articles I could be doing, if I was full time. But I think this gives a 'glimmer' of hope for rectangular sports fans.

vCash
    whats the website?? link?? cheers in advance guys

vCash
    Good article egan, and some interesting points, we really need to slap some sense into the governments, state federal and local....I can't believe that they are making a profit and that the finance models forecast deficit, that really sh*ts me...Look at the present picture, and you see a healthy future for the stadium...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow View Post
    Good article egan, and some interesting points, we really need to slap some sense into the governments, state federal and local....I can't believe that they are making a profit and that the finance models forecast deficit, that really sh*ts me...Look at the present picture, and you see a healthy future for the stadium...
    Which is because they have less staff costs then most other stadiums. It really did surprise me as well, you would have expected any Major Stadia Taskforce report to include the actual costs rather then just the projected costs by using financial modelling.

I think the local government and federal government doesn't need to be as slapped as hard as the State Government...

Last edited by Egan; 24-10-07 at 09:25.

vCash
    You're probably right, i am just in the mood for some slapping, and as i hate johnny howard i believe we should slap him for being him, and his treasurer, smirky....As for the local government, well i was on a roll....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    soo sad, members are leaving because of this mess
    once again we head in to a14 season and the stadium issuse is still up in the air, i just hope membership numbers dont drop off like last year, how many more seasons do we have to keep going back to subi, with its crap facilities and seating ?, do you think this will still be an issue in five years time, hope not....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    i just hope membership numbers dont drop off like last year
    Vain hope I think slomo, I noted with interest for the first year 'limited Gold memberships available' in the membership renewal pack.

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    According to our Good Friend the Membership Manager of RugbyWA Darryl Regan, Memberships for the 2008 Season are running on par with last year. Numbers are good at this stage.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Exile, by any chance did Darryl let slip when we should expect our membership packs? Hope this time round we get a decent hat/cap and visible membership stickers (though Seldom's creations are, as I'm sure he'd say, CHOICE!).

On a similar vein of thought, can Seldom let us know when they expect the 2008 merchandise to hit the store.

vCash
    Members getting a cap this year, sticker??????? 2008 Apparel due 1st/2nd week
    of Nov. Still no confirmation on new look jersey yet, possibly running with same look again.
    We need a poll on weather we should or should not have a new jersey!! (keeping the same colours of course!!)

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

vCash
    this bit was interesting:

Bauchop admits that the finish of the 14,000 Indoor Arena will impact the bottom line when it is completed in 2010.

"Obviously it will, we haven't had many concerts in Perth in the last year. It is only in the last 12 months that we have really been getting more then 1-2 concerts, if you talk to promoters it is the hottest corporate market. It hasn't historically been a revenue boom for the stadiums, you look at Subiaco they only have a small window of opportunity to service their concerts"

there is hardly any venues for concerts in perth at the moment.
    robinson pavillion, capitol, HQ in leederville are some of the only ones.

perth's music scene is getting bigger. the number of local bands popping up should indicate that.
    big name bands want to come to perth but are prohibited by the lack of venues.
    i think the last concert at subi was pearl jam last year. i think the chili peppers would have come to perth if there was a decent venue to hold them.

the concert scene in perth is getting bigger. look at the line up for soundwave next year (and buy tickets coz its an almost eprfect line up). but it could grow if there was a decent venue.

on the note of memberships.
    does anyone know if i should already have gottan confirmation about an upgrade to gold? because i hate my silver seats...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast