Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Juddy off to Carlton??

vCash

Juddy off to Carlton??

looks like Juddy has decided to go win himself some wooden spoons hahahaha

Judd settles on Carlton

October 02, 2007 FORMER West Coast captain Chris Judd has nominated Carlton as his preferred next AFL destination, the Blues said today.

Carlton chief executive Greg Swann said the Blues would work through trade negotiations with the Eagles and Judd's manager Paul Connors to complete a deal.

”We are delighted that Chris has seen fit to nominate the Carlton Football Club as his future home at a time when the club is embarking on what will be a new and exciting era,'' Swann said.

”Now that Chris has selected Carlton, we will formally commence discussions to finalise a trade appropriate to all parties.

”We are extremely confident that we can strike a suitable deal, but are mindful that there is still much to be done to secure Chris's services.''

Judd, who quit West Coast two weeks ago, had narrowed his options down to either Carlton or Collingwood.

Carlton have the No.1 and No.3 picks in the national draft and are best placed to arrange a deal with the Eagles.

AAP

i was hoping he'd go to collingwood just to spite a few West Coast supporters i know

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    i think he will go to collingwood

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Collingwood are not in the business of wasting money. Judd will be the next Kouta, over paid, injury plagued and under performing. Perfectly suited to Carlton.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    carlton has more money. hes going to go there.

vCash
    Carlton will be easier for the Eagles to trade with too, Kennedy could be traded and dare i say it, Fev ( ) plus they have some pretty solid draft pick options.

vCash
    Fevola in blue and yellow!

vCash
    I heard through a friend of mine that the eagles might be tempted to take Fevola he's put up for trade (obviously a couple of picks as well) but you get the jist

vCash
    i dont think they will offer fev and i dont thinke eagles would want him.

he is an idiot on and off the field they dont need more of that

vCash
    Depends if the new coach at carlton wants him there or not

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93
    i dont think they will offer fev and i dont thinke eagles would want him.

he is an idiot on and off the field they dont need more of that

Sounds like a perfect candidate for the Eagles then..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    Sounds like a perfect candidate for the Eagles then..

love it!

Player
    vCash
    yes fav is an idiot but the eagles and collingwood are full of idiots.

vCash
    How much Coke can he snort in a night?

There's your answer!

C'mon the

vCash
    apprently in todays paper theres an artilce in which Carlton have said that Fevola is one of 3 players that wont be traded as a part of a deal for Judd. I couldnt find it on thewest.com.au but then again i didnt look very hard, nor have i seen the todays paper just yet

vCash
    Didn't see yesterday's paper Jargan but here's an article that was in the Herald saying the same thing...

By Mark Robinson
    October 03, 2007
    CARLTON and West Coast have drawn swords over the No.1 draft selection, with the Blues emphatic yesterday that the first pick would not be part of the Chris Judd trade.

The Eagles, however, have initially - and boldly - demanded the No.1 pick, plus No.3, No.20 and West Australian youngster Josh Kennedy in exchange for their former captain.

The Blues are un understood to be ready to offer three parts of the package - minus the No.1 choice.

Carlton club chief executive Greg Swann and West Coast counterpart Trevor Nisbett held informal discussions last week about a possible trade for the Brownlow medal winner, but the talks ended in stalemate.
    Swann reaffirmed yesterday that the No.1 pick was off-limits.

"We don't want to give up pick No.1, just leave it at that," Swann said. "No.3 is a good pick and we're happy to give that."

Nisbett said yesterday: "I know people don't ever want to give up their No.1 pick, we understand that, but we're not talking about giving it up for a run-of-the-mill player. This is a very unusual situation, where there needs to be commonsense in the offer and also the acceptance and hopefully that will happen.

"He is the best player in Australia and you know what you're getting. You're getting the whole package and he's 24." (aside from that part where his body is so battered we don't know if he'll recover..)

Asked if he was confident of a deal, Swann said: "I am." Nisbett was less so. "I'm not confident, no. I don't know if we can get there. I hope so, but time will tell."

Judd's manager, Paul Connors, informed Carlton at lunchtime yesterday that it had won Judd's heart, and then telephoned Collingwood football manager Geoff Walsh minutes later with the news the Pies had missed out.

Connors told Swann, who then informed football manager Stephen Icke, coach Brett Ratten and president Richard Pratt, who is in the US.

Ratten also phoned superstar forward Brendan Fevola and assured him he would not be part of the Judd trade. Nisbett said a possible trade scenario discussed with Swann last week was rejected. "The offer that was sort of suggested, I said that wouldn't be acceptable and that's where we left it," Nisbett said.

"But I don't think we have had anything formal from Carlton, saying this is what we're prepared to exchange. "It's a bit different now that Chris has nominated a club . . . now Carlton can be really serious about it."

Nisbett indicated an offer involving pick No.1 would be sufficient to clinch the deal. "It certainly would be a lot better than 3 and 20 or 3 and 20 and whatever," Nisbett said. Nisbett said that he hoped discussions would not be complicated by other clubs becoming involved.

A beaming Swann said yesterday that he wasn't told why Judd had chosen Carlton over Collingwood. "I can't give you a definitive reason," Swann said. "The club has come a long way in the past 12 months, with a new president, new key personnel, and finances have been restored and I think the club hopefully is onwards and upwards. "We're absolutely thrilled he chose Carlton."

Swann had previously spoken to Kennedy, the club's No.4 selection in the 2005 national draft, and Paul Bower, another WA youngster, about their names being mentioned in any Judd trade.

Kennedy, 20, has played 22 games in two seasons with the Blues.
    "There's a bit or argy bargy to go, for sure," Swann said. Icke, Ratten and Eagles counterparts, Steve Woodhouse and John Worsfold, are expected to hold further talks at the draft camp in Canberra.

The Herald Sun

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast