Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: How Twiggy will run his rebel rugby comp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    He does not have much choice as any new comp needs the green light of the ARU.....
    Well, why could we not just go to Hong Kong RU and ask them to bring us under their banner based in Perth?

Fuck the ARU off entirely and destroy them from the outside.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Not really jules. See when you sponsor things, particularly sports short on cash and other sponsors, you tend to be able to put the pressure on the sponsee when things aren't looking flash for the value that your ouylaying. Hence shit product or organisation well see you later I'm out of here! Besides the figure is probably less than what twiggy offered in the first place but more control. Sometimes you've gotta think outside the square!
    Buildcorp?

Just Sayin'

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Wouldn't it be sweet if BuildCorp came on board, given the prominence Women's 7s Rugby has in the IPRC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    “We do not wish to comment on the specifics of anything while we don't have to” ARU chairman Cameron Clyne said.
    Fixed

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Well, why could we not just go to Hong Kong RU and ask them to bring us under their banner based in Perth
    I'm sure that could be done, but would it help Twiggy achieve his stated goals of maintaining a professional rugby presence in Perth and provide a pathway to the Wallabies?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think this is all a setup to become the leader in time for the death of Super Rugby in 2020.

I was hoping for a bit more, but will still support it, since it, at least, provides a pathway to higher honours.

Nobody has mentioned yet that whilst it doesn't compete with Super Rugby, it does compete DIRECTLY with NRC. I would suggest that the non competition with Super Rugby will be the concession to get our IP back and allow for Wallaby representation. the competition with NRC will be because the NRC is boned at the end of this year and therefore Minderoo won't have to sponsor it for much longer before they're sponsoring the IPRC.

Not the ideal situation, but at least Perth boys (and girls now) will have a continuing pathway.

As for the ARU getting cleaned out...Twiggy tried and failed, it's up to the senate inquiry to fix Aussie rugby now.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    I'm sure that could be done, but would it help Twiggy achieve his stated goals of maintaining a professional rugby presence in Perth and provide a pathway to the Wallabies?
    We have a 4 month comp being put forward. Players are going to have to move over east to get anywhere until this plan. We needed a competitor to Super Rugby that went head to head so that we could keep our players here year round.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think this is all a setup to become the leader in time for the death of Super Rugby in 2020.

I was hoping for a bit more, but will still support it, since it, at least, provides a pathway to higher honours.

Nobody has mentioned yet that whilst it doesn't compete with Super Rugby, it does compete DIRECTLY with NRC. I would suggest that the non competition with Super Rugby will be the concession to get our IP back and allow for Wallaby representation. the competition with NRC will be because the NRC is boned at the end of this year and therefore Minderoo won't have to sponsor it for much longer before they're sponsoring the IPRC.

Not the ideal situation, but at least Perth boys (and girls now) will have a continuing pathway.

As for the ARU getting cleaned out...Twiggy tried and failed, it's up to the senate inquiry to fix Aussie rugby now.
    The direct clash with the NRC is the bit I don't understand, what happens to the NRC? I can’t see the Western Force and the Perth Spirit competing against each other for players and supporters and as no other Australian team will be in the IPRC does the NRC just become another East Coast rugby competition? If the NRC does fold after this year, what happens to all the SR players that are not selected for the Wallabies do they get distributed within the IPRC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    He's revealed the carrot publicly. I suspect the stick is staying private for now.
    I'm not sure if Mr Forrest actually likes the nickname "Twiggy". Calling him "The Stick" is just disrespectful.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    That's an unanswered question - does the NRC act as reserve grade for the IPRC team (i.e. the Perth Spirit acts as the Western Force reserve grade) or will WA just not be involved?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I would doubt it on the back of what I read of the press conference today. He is young and wants to develop to become the best coach in the world. Surely a feeder comp like this isn't going to help him in that endeavour given that he's been the best SR coach in Aust this year, and by a long way too.

My money would be on him going to the Rebels or Munster for now and seeing how the land lies in 2020. I think that's what I would do if I were in his shoes right now.
    Hopefully Munster.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    With the money that Twiggy is EFT to ARU accounts, why not just keep the funds and use it for startup costs / team costs to field the force in the Japanese league, he has the contacts in Asia and no doubt would keep the "wallabies" players and other squad numbers in tact.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    With the money that Twiggy is EFT to ARU accounts, why not just keep the funds and use it for startup costs / team costs to field the force in the Japanese league, he has the contacts in Asia and no doubt would keep the "wallabies" players and other squad numbers in tact.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Japanese league run later in the season for us?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Buildcorp?

Just Sayin'
    Gigs that's exactly what I was referring to in my later post to snob. Buildcorp really had no bargaining power as the Wankers in charge had other revenue streams where as now is whole other ball game. Damage done to the game, 2 years left to negotiate a new agreement, 2 years to make the game attractive again for broadcasters with current bunch of numtys in charge I don't think it will be a favourable outcome. Hence man with money has much more bargain power. It wouldn't surprise me to see Buildcorp pop up some where in the mix for the women's competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Gigs that's exactly what I was referring to in my later post to snob. Buildcorp really had no bargaining power as the Wankers in charge had other revenue streams where as now is whole other ball game. Damage done to the game, 2 years left to negotiate a new agreement, 2 years to make the game attractive again for broadcasters with current bunch of numtys in charge I don't think it will be a favourable outcome. Hence man with money has much more bargain power. It wouldn't surprise me to see Buildcorp pop up some where in the mix for the women's competition.
    I think you're giving the ARU board far too much credit Boof.

They have done modelling to show that they'll be bankrupt by 2019 and yet they waved goodbye to Buildcorp without so much as a second glance.

I personally think they're making decisions with their arse.

C'mon the

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast