vCash
    Just gold thanks Gerry.. A good laugh on a Sunday morning

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Player
    vCash
    He's 100% correct about the poor leadership of governing bodies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    This should be played at the start of the Senate Inquiry to set the context

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

vCash
    I believe this last line can be used by FUBARU and SNZAAFU to explain this apparent bout of clear thinking common sense
    Hargreaves, who played four Tests for the Springboks between 2010 and 2011, recently retired from rugby due to concussion

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    SuperRugby is rapidly going to become extinct imo. And that is why the new competition that Twiggy's talking about could be an absolute master stroke. If it's planned and organised well (and by heck it will be given all the people Twiggy is bringing in to work on it) and doesn't try to run before it can walk, it will be perfectly placed to take the box seat in the new structure of elite rugby in this region of the Southern Hemisphere.

I am no longer viewing our removal from SuperRugby as all bad. I think it might prove to be a blessing in disguise and I for one am hugely excited about what the next chapter in WA rugby is about to bring.

Long live WA and long live rugby in WA

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    To right Alison

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Whilst I agree with everybody's comments about any proposed return to super rugby, I don't think that means continuing the legal fight is a waste of time.

At the moment, the ARU are smugly avoiding the issue of Twiggys comp because they feel like they have the upper hand. If we finally get a court to agree that we were shafted, that will open up a legal avenue for us to turn up the heat.

Once we get the truth out there in court, the ARU will begin to consider allowing it rather than paying us out on losses (18 million sounds like a reasonable number to go for)

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash

ARU abandons Perth

Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I'd be very surprised to see another test match in Perth. After the Bled, that's it
    Last Saturday night is probably the last time that there will be a Springboks vs Wallabies Test in Perth for a very long time.
    If the WA Government cannot get out of funding the Bledisloe Test in Perth in 2019 and the Test does indeed go ahead, then it surely will be the last time that the Wallabies play in Perth for many years to come.

As WA Premier McGowan has said, the ARU has well and truly dudded the WA Government and the WA Taxpayer, and it would take hard work on the part of the ARU to get a future WA Government to trust them again. John Edwards believes that the WA Rugby Community does not matter to the ARU, and so it is unlikely that the present ARU will make any effort to rebuild bridges with the WA Government and the WA Rugby Community.

For the next decade or so, it will be politically impossible for a WA Government of any political complexion to spend taxpayers' money on something like a Wallabies test in Perth.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FingerTips; 10-09-17 at 12:08.

vCash
    Oh absolutely GiGS. The off field skullduggery that sees us in this position is a whole other story and a whole different battle front. The Senate inquiry and any potential legal proceedings that arise from that and from other investigations that are going on must also be a key focus for us.

The ARU model has so many cracks in it that it can't survive. I'm calling Clyne Humpty Dumpty from now on

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Last Saturday night is probably the last time that there will be a Springboks vs Wallabies Test in Perth for a very long time.
    If the WA Government cannot get out of funding the Bledisloe Test in Perth in 2019 and the Test does indeed go ahead, then it surely will be the last time that the Wallabies play in Perth for many years to come.

As WA Premier McGowan has said, the ARU has well and truly dudded the WA Government and the WA Taxpayer, and it would take hard work on the part of the ARU to get a future WA Government to trust them again. John Edwards believes that the WA Rugby Community does not matter to the ARU, and so it is unlikely that the present ARU will make any effort to rebuild bridges with the WA Government and the WA Rugby Community.

For the next decade or so, it will be politically impossible for a WA Government of any political complexion to spend taxpayers' money on something like a Wallabies test in Perth.
    The Perth Bledisloe will be a financial disaster for the WA Government.The Premier need to start legal action against the ARU

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Apparently this was done by Mick Colliss and shown at the UWA function just before John Eales came on. It is hilarious but also very true!

Champion
    vCash
    It has been around for months

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    Apparently this was done by Mick Colliss and shown at the UWA function just before John Eales came on. It is hilarious but also very true!

....too bad they couldn't have accidently have had it playing just as he arrived.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Filled up with fuel today, wearing my Force guernsey walking from the bowser to the cash register two people stopped me just to say how terrible they felt about the Force being axed. Completely out of the blue, neither of them known to me.

Reinforced for me how much support there is in the WA public and how important the media coverage of the situation has been for awareness of the issue in WA. Great to see how many people do care and recognise the injustice done to the Force. Let's hope it can help us transition successfully to a new competition.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast