Poll: Should the Force Play a Match Versus the Rebels?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Should the Force Play a Match Versus The Rebels?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    ruru--ist super try

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Maybe we need the Frebels to be successful? Its a great way to get the other Aust SR franchises to start bitching to RA. They have been super quiet and Frebel success will piss them off and they will complain how 'unfair' it was that the majority of Force players and coaches are now wearing a different jersey.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    just having a peek at the brumbies v rebels game----I reckon about 8000 people at max
    Reported attendance at AAMI Park tonight: 10,061

(And yes, the Heartland Unions are already whinging to the ARU/RA about the unfair redistribution of the former Force players and coaching staff. What you can do when you are allowed to ignore the salary cap!)

Last edited by FingerTips; 09-03-18 at 20:13.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Reported attendance at AAMI Park tonight: 10,061
    Must have been counting the seagulls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Must have been counting the seagulls.
    Excellent usually organisations would include season ticket holders to inflate figures but caught out when sorting out their taxes.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Why bother? Either give up or carry on! I’m out and will not follow them they are gone they are no more. Why give the scum the benefit of our anger just wait until Force2 hits the screens and takes out the Brumbies,reams Fiji, stuffs Tonga, blows off Samoa,
    and creates a new hole in Rebels history. (can you have history in five years) answer yes if written by the FUARU FURA

Don’t watch it! SR Ali’s dead!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I wonder what sort of team Wessels would select to play us with? Even if he had a full-ish squad, would he select a full-strength team for what is essentially a friendly match?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Over in Melbourne on family business.
    Very mixed feelings to attend the Rebs v Brums game - especially when 33% of the squads were ex-Western Force players.

However, had a strong sense of pride to see young players moving on who all had been given a chance by stepping up from the local clubs or moving West.

Was fantastic watching Jemaine A & Tet F serve it up to their Wallabies counter-parts, Matt Philip and Ross H-P serve it up to Wallabies Locks. Some great tackles by RHP. I enjoyed watching the Arnold boys play together(must be good for their family). Was pleased to see Michael Ruru get his 1st SR try.

Was also good to have Gus C, Matt P. Jermaine A, Richard H, Kyle G, Chance P & Isi N as well as Dave W come up and sat hi after the game.
    I was feeling a bit obvious but very proud in my WF kit. Huge amount of supportive comments from the Brumbies fans in attendance. Nervous looks generally from Rebels fans.

All that's one side of the pendulum.

The anger I felt made it hard to respond to some people (it was safer to just keep quiet) but the performance of the ex-WForce players just proved what an absolute travesty was the axing of the Western Force.

I don't care what team the Rebels bring to Perth - it will still be a chance to improve upon our terrible 4 from 12 WIN rate.

Even more excited by WF2 in 2018 and what lies ahead in 2019.

Thanks Minderoo crew!!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Over in Melbourne on family business.
    Very mixed feelings to attend the Rebs v Brums game - especially when 33% of the squads were ex-Western Force players.

However, had a strong sense of pride to see young players moving on who all had been given a chance by stepping up from the local clubs or moving West.

Was fantastic watching Jemaine A & Tet F serve it up to their Wallabies counter-parts, Matt Philip and Ross H-P serve it up to Wallabies Locks. Some great tackles by RHP. I enjoyed watching the Arnold boys play together(must be good for their family). Was pleased to see Michael Ruru get his 1st SR try.

Was also good to have Gus C, Matt P. Jermaine A, Richard H, Kyle G, Chance P & Isi N as well as Dave W come up and sat hi after the game.
    I was feeling a bit obvious but very proud in my WF kit. Huge amount of supportive comments from the Brumbies fans in attendance. Nervous looks generally from Rebels fans.

All that's one side of the pendulum.

The anger I felt made it hard to respond to some people (it was safer to just keep quiet) but the performance of the ex-WForce players just proved what an absolute travesty was the axing of the Western Force.

I don't care what team the Rebels bring to Perth - it will still be a chance to improve upon our terrible 4 from 12 WIN rate.

Even more excited by WF2 in 2018 and what lies ahead in 2019.

Thanks Minderoo crew!!
    Good post Andrew. I have watched all the Australian conference games so far the season. And it strikes me about how guys that went to school in WA are out there playing Super rugby. Godwin, Peni, Hardwick, Haylett-Petty x 2, Rona etc. And then there are the ones like Scoble, Lacey,Lourens and Longbottom that are now signed to the Force. (who have I missed?). So WA must have been something right in the past 10 years.
    We will keep breeding more and more players in WA with the help of Twiggy. Most players and their partners want to go "home" at some point, so the Force will get stronger and stronger in years to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I understand that Andrew. I have not felt like watching any matches this season and I don't see that changing. Luckily I still have my RL obsession. But I admit I channel flick to check scores quite a bit. I suppose it's a bit small-minded but I'm usually hoping the Rebs are losing. So I was disappointed with the Brumbies.
    We are of course heading to the double header at Optus Stadium today and catching up with some (very) old team mates for a beer at the Camfield beforehand. I woke up at about 2:00am and took a while to nod off again as I had some frustrating thoughts going around. Instead of looking forward to the day, I just felt angry and ripped off at the thought of our ex-players going so well in the Rebels kit. A horrible mindset, Iknow. But there you are.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    What an absolutely rubbish article on The Roa today:

Five things we learned from Brumbies vs Rebels
    By Tom Atkinson Roar Rookie, 10 Mar 2018

2) Despite the Force axing, four teams is the right amount for Australian Rugby
    Before anyone kicks off here, I’m not praising the decision to cut the Force as a good call.

Australia can only handle four teams with our current depth, and the move back to four teams has been completely necessary.

Some competitiveness is a nice change from previous years. The Rebels are fielding a decent team now and could well top the conference.

Any other professional teams and the field is thinned too far.

I hope the Rebels continue their good form on the field because it’s good for rugby in Australia.

While the other teams have underperformed so far, they too have benefitted from the sprinkling of Force players to join their ranks. It’s much more sustainable for professional rugby in this country.

So the Rebels have a win against a poorly performing Brumbies and suddenly this justifies the axing of the Force as "being completely necessary".

Gob-smackingly stupid!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    fuckwittery knows no bounds!

Mark Ella was not much better in the weekend Australian,criticising the new Force for having imported players!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I understand that Andrew. I have not felt like watching any matches this season and I don't see that changing. Luckily I still have my RL obsession. But I admit I channel flick to check scores quite a bit. I suppose it's a bit small-minded but I'm usually hoping the Rebs are losing. So I was disappointed with the Brumbies.
    We are of course heading to the double header at Optus Stadium today and catching up with some (very) old team mates for a beer at the Camfield beforehand. I woke up at about 2:00am and took a while to nod off again as I had some frustrating thoughts going around. Instead of looking forward to the day, I just felt angry and ripped off at the thought of our ex-players going so well in the Rebels kit. A horrible mindset, Iknow. But there you are.
    I, on the other hand, want to see the Rebels blitz it on the field. But, I want to see crowd numbers proving that a team is not sustainable there and the Rebels falling deeper and deeper into debt.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    fuckwittery knows no bounds!

Mark Ella was not much better in the weekend Australian,criticising the new Force for having imported players!
    Mark Ella is often all over the place in his articles. He can get away with it as very read the articles due to the paywall. Paywall's have killed News Corp's bread and butter business all over the world.

As for Alan Jones' article this weekend he should stick to shoeing the RA.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I, on the other hand, want to see the Rebels blitz it on the field. But, I want to see crowd numbers proving that a team is not sustainable there and the Rebels falling deeper and deeper into debt.
    If the Rebels were honest about crowd numbers but haven't they claimed ten thousand for both home games so far. I don't think there would be any auditing of these figures as RA would be as desperate for good crowd numbers as Rebels management.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast