Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: It's warming up.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    These ones are coming from Ireland!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    These ones are coming from Ireland!
    Do they have a Coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Do they have a Coach?
    Are you looking for a job?

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Are you looking for a job?
    Some not shy with Coach selection around these parts. They may have a Dad or something they can recommend.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    more teams
    Need I say more except. where are these players coming from. Oh that's right. Other clubs.
    a lot of the blokes i talked to had either never played before, or played many years ago and are getting back into it. Coach, judging by his accent, is irish. so - i guess at least part of it is fresh blood

They had a chuckle when our captains name was Darragh...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Do they have a Coach?
    Tom Fern

Apologies Tom Fearn

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 21-03-16 at 15:29.

Red Carded
    vCash
    This is good to create more teams
    But they should be affiliated to a local club
    This is where RWA should step in and have no problem having there own social side but should choose a club pay there fees
    Perth is not a rugby town that can afford for pub teams to pop up as they do in Sydney or the uk
    There is no problem with people wanting to play but should be under an established or newly merged club

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    This is where RWA should step in and have no problem having there own social side but should choose a club pay there fees
    Perth is not a rugby town that can afford for pub teams to pop up as they do in Sydney or the uk
    There is no problem with people wanting to play but should be under an established or newly merged club
    Excellent dissemination.
    PS InnForcer I think you will find it is Fearn - or were you trying to be a little humorous.

vCash
    I obviously don't belong in this local comp thread!

FYI - I can be funny, but hilarious would be stretching it!

Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 21-03-16 at 16:18.

vCash
    I don't see why they would have to replace or merge with another club. Their entry will increase the amount of 'Districts' teams and who knows with time they might build up into being a Premier Grade club replacing another club.
    The key here is that they are a community based team that will create a lot of engagement and probably fun compared to some clubs that are just focused on results or where 1st graders do not interact with players from lower grades.
    Rugby at that level is all about fun and interacting with opponents and enjoying a few cold ones after the game.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    I don't see why they would have to replace or merge with another club. Their entry will increase the amount of 'Districts' teams and who knows with time they might build up into being a Premier Grade club replacing another club.
    The key here is that they are a community based team that will create a lot of engagement and probably fun compared to some clubs that are just focused on results or where 1st graders do not interact with players from lower grades.
    Rugby at that level is all about fun and interacting with opponents and enjoying a few cold ones after the game.
    The reason being running a comp isn't fun and spreading resources across another ground to support a social side
    The reason rugby isn't growing is there aren't enough resources as it is the clubs constitution insurance and the list goes on
    The pop up clubs haven't created instance success and the long game has been going on for years at various district clubs which struggle to field teams against each other
    The world had moved on people's attitudes and lifestyles have changed and it is only the fear of a bunch of self serving club stalwarts that won't let there be change for the future and a weak RWA
    In a perfect world your vision would be ok but the time has come to consolidate the comp
    Strengthen the weaker clubs and move forward

Veteran
    vCash
    im curious if any of the commenter's come from from District clubs? I'm curious as to why they have created a club on their own, they obviously saw a need, that wasn't met at another club - one of the founders came from my club.

vCash
    The reason being running a comp isn't fun and spreading resources across another ground to support a social side
    The reason rugby isn't growing is there aren't enough resources as it is the clubs constitution insurance and the list goes on
    The pop up clubs haven't created instance success and the long game has been going on for years at various district clubs which struggle to field teams against each other
    The world had moved on people's attitudes and lifestyles have changed and it is only the fear of a bunch of self serving club stalwarts that won't let there be change for the future and a weak RWA
    In a perfect world your vision would be ok but the time has come to consolidate the comp
    Strengthen the weaker clubs and move forward
    I totally agree with you on that point of spreading resources, but I would dare say that the little boys and girls watching their dads/uncles play rugby (rom an earlier post by Palitu it seems like most of them did not play before) will be more likely to ever play rugby seeing their family. It surely is a point for the long term rather than short to medium term.
    For me the more rugby is played in this state the more likely we will be at ever having a decent team with lots of A players representing us.

It is a fact that consolidating teams will make the competition stronger, but that does not necessarily encourage young kids to play rugby as a lot of players (dads) in lower grades are not that keen to be part of a mega club which does not have a welcoming culture for players who do not play in the first team. So for me the addition of another team in the lower grades remains a positive for the Rugby Community.
    The structure at the top can be consolidated to ensure that WA's local competition gets stronger, but small teams should always be welcomed as long as they have enough players to play all of their scheduled games.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Which are the "mega clubs that don't have a welcoming culture"?

Every rugby club I've ever been in (yes including Cottesloe , Nedlands et al) has gone out of it's way to make visitors and opposition supporters and players welcome.

'The welcome is extended even further to anyone turning up and saying "I'm Bob and I'd like a game. I've never played/ played for Woop Woop 3rd grade /played rep rugby in NZ".

Anyone who feels put off should at least consider their own attitude. Pushy? Standoffish? Arrogant? Not willing to give it a chance?

There are some obnoxious people (like me) in every organization, but a rugby club is one place where the culture ensures they are few and far between.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    well spoken Fulvio
    the only exception to this that I encounted was when enquiring about joining London Scottish in 1972,the Lady at the office said"we dont accept any old riff raff.you know"

sad,but true!

Last edited by brokendown gunfighter; 21-03-16 at 18:24.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast