Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Premiership 2018

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Interesting story I heard today that Arks are reincorporating the original black colour to their playing strip next season.
    This is in recognition of the big influence Kalamunda will make to their premier team. The boys from Kala will still be playing in black and red.

I have to acknowledge I got things wrong last week. Jock will not be coaching Nedlands next season. After boosting Jock when he thought he had no chance of the top job himself, Tony Ball reapplied for the job himself when the Nedlands first grade told the hierarchy that they would leave the club if Tony didn't get the gig. Those Neddies boys obviously don't mind a bit of friendly biffo after training it seems. So Westie, you guys get a second chance to secure his services.

Chookie Fowler is BAAKKK as Cott's first grade coach! You heard it here first! Every Force recruit will be lining up for Cottesloe next season! Oh .... wait ....

The conga line of Force guys going to the Rebels is growing every day, 10 now, including the coach. The Brumbies and the 'Tahs have also had a good pick over the carcass ... Anyway, what's happening with the Force Foundation? No money available from RugbyWA to fund Soaks recruiting again it seems.

So, what news from you Westie ,Darkness, Crac n Sack, Seven mile?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So there are the State Sevens Championships being conducted tomorrow yet there is no fixture list or games program on any website, including RugbyWA'S.

Can someone who has any association with RugbyWA fix this?

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio,

Not a good look, but rest assured, it is being addressed, we all wish sooner rather than later.

Senior Player
    vCash
    It all pretty much got confirmed on here anyway, but:

RUGBYWA LAUNCHES NEW SENIOR MEN’S COMPETITION STRUCTURE

A new era of Senior Men’s rugby union is set to begin in 2018 with RugbyWA launching a revamped competition structure for the next three seasons.

The new competition structure will allow all current senior clubs the opportunity to participate in the Premier Grade, an initiative that has received overwhelming support from senior club leadership across the state.

The competition restructure is designed to allow all players the opportunity to play the highest level of club rugby possible, regardless of their location.

In order to compete in the new Premier Grade Competitions, clubs must be able to field at least three open senior men’s teams.

The new competition will see all clubs in the Premier Grade competitions play qualifying rounds in the first stage of the season before clubs are separated into two divisions for the second stage of the season. This separation will be based on the performance of the clubs’ first-grade results during the qualifying rounds.

Clubs that have more than three senior men’s teams will have their fourth and/or fifth teams, play in the Championship Grade Competitions, along with clubs who are not able to meet the three open grade teams requirement for Premier Grade.

The Senior Men’s competition will reset at the beginning of each season, providing clubs the opportunity to progress from the Championship Grade Competitions into the Premier Grade and/or change divisions, year after year.

The RugbyWA Colts and Women’s competitions will continue to run as they have done in previous seasons with clubs’ Colts and Women’s teams to be aligned with their open men’s teams as closely as possible.

RugbyWA CEO, Bob Hunter, says the competition restructure marks the beginning of an exciting new era for community rugby in Western Australia.

“This competition re-structure has been developed following extensive community club input and collaboration. All clubs have supported the principle of why this change should occur.”

“This format allows opportunities for all players to play at the highest level possible with clubs in their neighbourhood. This will have the effect of strengthening the footprint of where rugby is played across the metro area.”

RugbyWA is continuing ongoing communication and planning with all clubs on matters including draft 2018 fixturing and the supporting competitions.

New RugbyWA Senior Men’s Competition Structure

Premier Grade Competition comprising of:
    1st Grade, 2nd Grade & 3rd Grade Senior Men’ sides.

Championship Grade Competitions comprising of:
    Division A & Division B Senior Men’s sides.

https://www.rugbywa.asn.au/news/rugb...ion-structure/

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    This new comp is a great step forward and will enable Champ clubs to really come into their own.

I hear that everyone in management is really excited about this ... or are they?

Talks of "rules and regulations" to try and control where amateur players ply their trade.

So is this Grassroots "growing the game" members of the crap going back to their tribal lands and making sure they bend the rules to protect their shaky premier grade clubs from the big bad champ clubs who are circling like a pack of tiger sharks.

So which clubs are a humpback carcass needing protection from the sharks? Unfortunately jumping on the nearest neighbour who owns an ARK won't save the day apparently?

I'm pretending not to be affiliated to any club so shhhh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    I hear that everyone in management is really excited about this ... or are they?
    If you're talking about team management, that will be as much of a pain in the arse as it normally is.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Pek Cowan suiting up for Wests in 2018.

Anyone else?

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Champion
    vCash
    Yeah heaps heading to the Boar Nest including some very big signings but can't say too much except we are going to have a major issue with excessive playing numbers next season. Heard Pek was courted by a few clubs round town but having a plasma in every bedroom meant he was happy staying at Wests.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Kotaka doesn't mind a plasma though ...

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Hodgson has committed to play club rugby for wests in 2018. Nice lineup starting to take shape.

vCash
    Well that would be a trifecta of WA clubs for him.

I admire his loyalty.

vCash
    Wests is where his 2 boys play and is their local club. Makes perfectly logical sense to me that Hodgo should play there too. Bit rich for anyone to question Hodgo’s loyalty where rugby in WA is concerned.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    If only you knew the truth Alison.

Fulvio, tell the story.

vCash
    To save Westie the effort, here is his response to my comment:

"He lives around the corner and his kids have played fourth grade for our club for 15 years. He just wants to play his last season with his kids. We didn't approach him he just turned up at our club. As soon as he arrived I rang the Wanneroo president and told him what had happened and that he should speak to Hodgson urgently. Wests haven't paid him a cent to come across. The $30,000 sign on fee was paid by an anonymous supporter over whom we have no control. Wests strongly disapproves of match payments and 10% of his $2000 a game match fee will be donated to Telethon. We can't help it if high profile players prefer our superb facilities. If he didn't play for us he would leave the State. At least we don't deal in illegal plasma TVs And Nedlands are profession poachers, much worse than us, so there. And you're just jealous. And there's nothing to see here, move along. Look, over there,a unicorn."

Have I missed anything?

Oh yes, I'm horribly jealous.

vCash
    I'm a psychic, Darkness, not a historian.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast