Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Grand final

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugaree View Post
    Wests v Neddies; The most vanilla final contestants ever? Not a single dispensation scandal or washed up pro being flown in from vegas to fill pages on this forum.

Disappointing to say the least..
    Seems we got away with it. What you don't know won't hurt you. Neddies by 15 plus.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I am really a Palmyra troll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugaree View Post
    Wests v Neddies; The most vanilla final contestants ever? Not a single dispensation scandal or washed up pro being flown in from vegas to fill pages on this forum.

Disappointing to say the least..
    Give it a couple of days, Somebody will find something to bitch about!

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Give it a couple of days, Somebody will find something to bitch about!
    Except darkness we havnt heard a peep out of all the paly supporters on here

vCash
    Peep.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    Except darkness we havnt heard a peep out of all the paly supporters on here
    If I was a paly supporter I'd be in hiding too. Where is the pride in allowing your Prem's and 3's to roll over so you can win Ressies and 4th grade?

Champion
    vCash
    The grand final today will be played by the two best teams in the comp today.
    Neddies will go in as warm favourites on the back of a John Holmes sized reaming of Paly last week whereas Wests took 70 minutes to put away a spirited Cott.

Neddies will again look to inspirational halfback and captain Michael Ruru to dictate play and get fast front foot ball ball away to their impressive strikepower out wide.
    Wests will look to dominate the scrum and will have the edge in the loose forward department where Neddies don't look particularly strong and actually got smoked there quite easily by Paly last week.

Ruru better bring his tackling shoulders today because Wests point of attack all day will be where Roo is posting up.
    Midfielder Davis Tavita will struggle with the added burden of a lovestruck Bally hanging off his leg and this is where I think Wests can make some serious inroads.

Expect tatoo monster Wests front rower Nick McLennan to have a massive game and to dominate Neddies front row where they don't look particularly strong and in fact look quite vunerable off the bench.
    Reserve hooker Mason Pieman Pomare needs to play around 5 or 6 matches to get fit so won't have the required runs in the legs to have too much influence on the outcome although is expected to give a creditable showing in the upcoming State Pie Eating Competition.

Will be a very entertaining match and will be tight but I am picking a Wests victory by 4
    For the sake of Wests coach Pugs I hope he gets a victory today as a reward for the huge sacrafices he has made over the years to get Wests to where they are today.
    Hope he has more success as Club Coach of the year than Chieka has had as IRB Coach of the year
    Wests will also be the crowd favourite with those that stay back for the speeches because after emptying the tank all they want to do is get on the piss and not be subject to another 45 minute Peanut retirement speech yet again.
    On the subject of peanuts I hope that a few Wests scrotum sized peanuts don't try and muscle in on the photo shoot if Wests do win,that would dissapoint me greatly

Should be a very entertaining match

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    The grand final today will be played by the two best teams in the comp today.
    Neddies will go in as warm favourites on the back of a John Holmes sized reaming of Paly last week whereas Wests took 70 minutes to put away a spirited Cott.

Neddies will again look to inspirational halfback and captain Michael Ruru to dictate play and get fast front foot ball ball away to their impressive strikepower out wide.
    Wests will look to dominate the scrum and will have the edge in the loose forward department where Neddies don't look particularly strong and actually got smoked there quite easily by Paly last week.

Ruru better bring his tackling shoulders today because Wests point of attack all day will be where Roo is posting up.
    Midfielder Davis Tavita will struggle with the added burden of a lovestruck Bally hanging off his leg and this is where I think Wests can make some serious inroads.

Expect tatoo monster Wests front rower Nick McLennan to have a massive game and to dominate Neddies front row where they don't look particularly strong and in fact look quite vunerable off the bench.
    Reserve hooker Mason Pieman Pomare needs to play around 5 or 6 matches to get fit so won't have the required runs in the legs to have too much influence on the outcome although is expected to give a creditable showing in the upcoming State Pie Eating Competition.

Will be a very entertaining match and will be tight but I am picking a Wests victory by 4
    For the sake of Wests coach Pugs I hope he gets a victory today as a reward for the huge sacrafices he has made over the years to get Wests to where they are today.
    Hope he has more success as Club Coach of the year than Chieka has had as IRB Coach of the year
    Wests will also be the crowd favourite with those that stay back for the speeches because after emptying the tank all they want to do is get on the piss and not be subject to another 45 minute Peanut retirement speech yet again.
    On the subject of peanuts I hope that a few Wests scrotum sized peanuts don't try and muscle in on the photo shoot if Wests do win,that would dissapoint me greatly

Should be a very entertaining match
    Didnt do pugs much good last year .

Apprentice
    vCash
    After watching yesterday's championship A finals Rockingham and Mandurah should merge and play premier grade but Rockingham are happy winning social grade rugby thinking they're champions. Mongols, absolute Mongols.

After watching the premier grade final, that's where the youth from rocky and Mandurah need to be.
    deleted

Go pirates

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 21-08-16 at 17:55.

Rookie
    vCash
    Peel Pirates?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohepa View Post
    Peel Pirates?
    I'd be hoping for the Peel Bananas personally, yellow suits me...

Senior Player
    vCash
    In all seriousness though, I'd heard there was a proposal for such earlier this year (the merger) but not sure where it got to. There's a heap of integration issues too, and I can't see it being done overnight and without a great deal of understanding from all participants.

Strategically, somewhere southerer of Pally should be a premier club - that much seems like the easy bit to agree on.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    WESTS CROWNED 2016 PINDAN PREMIER GRADE CHAMPIONS

By Fraser Smith on Sun 21st August 16 in Pindan Premier Grade

Wests Scarborough has claimed the 2016 Pindan Premier Grade premiership in an extra time thriller with a 45-24 win over Nedlands at McGillivray Oval this afternoon.

The first half saw Wests Scarborough applying the majority of pressure, dominating on the set piece in scrum time and the lineout, creating two defensive turnovers from Nedlands throws. Tries from Nick McLennan and Jerrome Leonard-Tekanawa made up the majority of Wests points tally, with regular season scoring leader AJ Alatimu doing work with the boot to give their side an 18-3 lead.

Nedlands back Ammon Matuauto scored a double in rapid succession to open the second half scoring, putting Nedlands up 24-21. An AJ Alatimu penalty in the dying stages of regulation time closed out the second half with the scores locked at 24-24, sending the 2016 Pindan Premier Grade grand final into extra time.

Wests Scarborough dominated extra time, with three tries coming from Riley Winter, Angus Taylor and Dylan Timu to seal the 2016 premiership.

Wests Scarborough coach Dwayne Grace said it was always bound to be a tight contest.

“We knew it was always going to be a close game coming up against ‘Neddies’ but we never predicted it would go to extra time, and I think that just speaks of the skill of both teams,” he said.

“We picked it up in the last 20 [extra time], we really stepped up.

“We had worked hard all throughout the year on our fitness and that got us through in the end.”

Commenting on the thrilling closing stages of regulation time, Grace said he had a simple message for his side.

“We just told them ‘don’t panic,’ but we were at the right end of the field which is what you want,” he said.

“There was a little bit of panic with five minutes to go, but we just had total faith in the boys and trust in what we had practised all year.”

Reflecting on the clubs 10-year premiership drought, Grace, who played at fullback in their last premiership winning side said he had faith in this group of players from the beginning.

“It’s always special to win a premiership, it’s been a long road over those 10 years and we had our ups and downs as a club,” he said.

“We had a group of guys who we knew could get there, and today they went out and proved it.”

Nedlands were first to get on the board with a penalty shot through a Kauri Kudd penalty shot after Wests were caught infringing in close range of the goals.

AJ Alatimu took an ambitious penalty attempt from a sharp angle on the left hand side and the ball floated in, bouncing on the cross bar to tie the game at 3-3.

Wests put up the first major of the day, when prolific try-scoring prop Nick McLennan collected the ball and burst through two defenders to put Wests ahead t8-3.

Alatimu continued to add to his sides lead with another penalty shot, splitting the posts.

Wests closed out the first half scoring when Jerrome Leonard-Tekanawa split through the line of defence, evading the final defender and cutting through to score and have the minor premiers leading 18-3 after 40-minutes.

Nedlands looked to put themselves back in the contest scoring the first try of second half, working a set of successful phases following scrum and allowing Richard Naylor to bruise his way across the line to help chip away at Wests lead. Kudd added the extras, closing the gap to 18-10.

As expected, the heavens opened up over McGillivray Oval with the wet conditions making for a scrappier contest. Wests took what they could, with Alatimu hitting a penalty shot from 10m out to extend their lead to 21-10.

Nedlands put themselves back in the competition, when Ammon Matuauto burst across the line bringing three defenders with him. Kudd hit the conversion putting the score at 21-17.

Matuauto’s second of the game came only moments later, putting Nedlands in the lead for the first time since the opening stages when he broke the line 40-metres out, running in all alone to dive across and put his side back in front. Kudd’s conversion was spot on, putting the score at 24-21.

With the clock winding down, Wests put Nedlands under enormous pressure working closer and closer to the 22 before Nedlands were caught infringing at the breakdown which would set Wests up with a penalty shot to tie the game. Alatimu made no mistake splitting the posts and tying the game 24-24 with little time remaining.

With extra time looming, Alatimu kicked the ball out of play allowing referee Graham Cooper to signal the end of 80 minutes.

Wests applied early and heavy pressure in the opening stages of extra time, backing Nedlands up against their own line and trying to push the ball across through Nick McLennan.

The backline then swung the ball to find lock Riley Winter who had shifted out wide, catching the pass and powering across the line to score a crucial try in the context of the match. Alatimu added the extras from a challenging angle, putting his side up 31-24.

Wests Scarborough scrumhalf Angus Taylor put the result beyond doubt collecting the ball and diving over the top of the breakdown to score.

With four minutes remaining Dylan Timu intercepted a pass just five metres from the line and touched down to score in front of some jubilant Wests Scrborough fans.

Man of the match AJ Alatimu converted to score his 20th point of the contest to and finalise the 45-24 victory and Wests Scarborough's first Pindan Premier Grade flag since 2006.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Somehow, I don't think we'll be hearing a peep out of Nedlands supporters after today either.

vCash
    Wow, when I saw the score, didn't realise it was all locked up at half time. What a win!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Rugaree, it's halfwits like you that give Cottesloe a bad name.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast