Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Premiership 2018

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    This Mr. Darkness is the Sea of Blue and the sooner our Community Clubs reach out to them the sooner each club will grow stronger, vibrant and profitable.
    How would clubs know who these people are and why haven't they approached the clubs in their hundreds to offer to volunteer, given their supposed passion for the game.

Is this a case of the Emperor's New Clothes?

No-one for clubs to "reach out to" as the sea of blue seems to be something that very few people have seen. We can't pretend that everyone in the stands at Force games wearing a blue shirt is part of an organised supporters group led by Alison. 99% of them are simply punters and clubbies who are showing their support by wearing Force kit.

I'm very sceptical about this sea of blue. I've seen no evidence they are real and think the balls in their court to reach out to the clubs in great numbers and make a difference.

Jury's out.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I am really a Palmyra troll.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Does anybody know if any clubs from Perth are entering teams for this weekends Bangkok Tens? I've looked the facebook site, Bangkok tens site but it does'nt list the teams. Thanks in advance.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    rogue lions is basically a Neddies team with some Cott and Soaks guys,I believe

see you up there!
    there are team lists somewhere on the facebook site

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    How would clubs know who these people are and why haven't they approached the clubs in their hundreds to offer to volunteer, given their supposed passion for the game.

Is this a case of the Emperor's New Clothes?

No-one for clubs to "reach out to" as the sea of blue seems to be something that very few people have seen. We can't pretend that everyone in the stands at Force games wearing a blue shirt is part of an organised supporters group led by Alison. 99% of them are simply punters and clubbies who are showing their support by wearing Force kit.

I'm very sceptical about this sea of blue. I've seen no evidence they are real and think the balls in their court to reach out to the clubs in great numbers and make a difference.

Jury's out.
    Clearly delusional.

So you have it on good authority that 99% are simply punters etc. Please share this market research with us as clearly we have been heading in the wrong direction.

What right do you have to pass any comment anyway? As I see it, you are a troll, you play zero part in the growth of the game or a club, perhaps you show up to the odd game, drink piss and talk shit but never actually doing anything.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THE PAST NUMEROUS DECADES???

Every Club that I know of, give kudos to their respective volunteers. You for one mate get pats on the back for what you do for Wests Scarborough Premier grade. RugbyWA acknowledge club volunteers every single year, I for one have made special mention in every single President's report I write for every AGM that without club volunteers we would be stuffed. There are recognitions given at the P.G. Hampshire breakfast, competitions for clubs to nominate their most committed volunteer. What rock have you been living under.

So... the very first time we get global coverage for every club from a fan base that has been under utilised and you whinge and would prefer we tell them to go and find a club.

1. Social media expertise is for ALL Clubs - not just Wests Scarborough - notice the twitter feeds and facebook posts of late for the pre-season tournaments - Oh I guess you'll say they mean bugger to all you as you don't read them - It's not about you mate - it's about numerous clubbies, fans and volunteers who do actually read social media.

2. Audit clubs finances for free. FYI - One club pays $3K per year to get accounts audited and many clubs get theirs done for free but this one SOB fan has offered to do all clubs Free of Charge - you can work the man hours there - dipstick.

3. Graphic artwork provided free of charge for ALL Clubs

4. Networking with Federal Pollies, provided for the good of all clubs.

What have you got against the Sea of Blue??? Just like you reckon they may be blow ins because you've been doing all this hard club work and they don't understand - You my friend have no idea what time, effort and work they have been doing to maintain a pathway for your premiergrade players.

Happy for you to tell your aspiring clubbies, " sorry mate I don't care about a pathway for your dreams in WA mate.. you'll just have to go east"!!!

Westie this year there will be 14 Div 1 clubs, not 10 and not just 1.

I have no problem with Wests Scarborough refusing to reach out to the Sea of Blue - I'll let your president know that as far as you're concerned you have sufficient volunteer help.

mate - there are numerous ex pat, Irish, poms, even kiwis and jaapies within the Sea of Blue that have not belonged to a club - I am very happy to advise them to avoid Wests Scarborough.
    Anyone with a differing view to you Hansie and you twist their words to suit your argument and agenda and then go off a tangent that has little bearing and relevance to the original post.

You have manipulated my post and made me out to be something I'm not.

You finish point 2 with the insult 'dipstick'

Really Hansie, that is childish and uncalled for and speaks volumes about your ability to engage in a debate on a public forum in a mature manner.

I will no longer engage with you in any form whatsoever.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    No Probs Westie:

here is an extract from your post that got my goat.

[B][I]What exactly does actual man hours mean Hansie. What Darkness is probably pissed about is that there are literally hundreds of volunteers in Perth that have been offering up their free time for years and in some cases decades performing menial tasks that keep rugby alive in Perth that are thankless and come at a very large personal cost in lost work income and receive no kudo's or special mention at all and nor do they expect it and front up the next season and do it all again.

Was I twisting things when I replied:

Every Club that I know of, give kudos to their respective volunteers. You for one mate get pats on the back for what you do for Wests Scarborough Premier grade. RugbyWA acknowledge club volunteers every single year, I for one have made special mention in every single President's report I write for every AGM that without club volunteers we would be stuffed. There are recognitions given at the P.G. Hampshire breakfast, competitions for clubs to nominate their most committed volunteer. What rock have you been living under.

Oh dear.... maybe I said something that proved you were wrong and so... the old story ' Woe is me - you are twisting and insulting me" when you could say OOOps !!!!

Dipstick is an insult usually a mild verbal cuff, if you take it personally and with deep hurt then I shall withdraw it.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken M View Post
    Well Westie you have hit the nail on the head
    I think this whole debate the "sea of blue" is silly. I as far as I concerned, anybody who turned up at a Force game with blue clothes on, was and are part of the Sea of Blue. That includes "punters", "key board warriors", dedicated club volunteers, club players, juniors ETC ETC

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 20-02-18 at 07:52.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    I think this whole debate the "sea of blue" is silly. I as far as I concerned, anybody who turned up at a Force game with blue clothes on, was and are part of the Sea of Blue. That includes "punters", "key board warriors", dedicated club volunteers, club players, juniors ETC ETC
    Well said but we need an organisation that will bring everyone together not divide us

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken M View Post
    Well said but we need an organisation that will bring everyone together not divide us
    I am not of any formal organisation called the Sea of Blue. We already have Force membership, TWF, SoB on facebook, Twitter etc to express ourselves. Just turn up at games in blue and join the Force, Force chant and you are then a paid up "member of the Sea of Blue".

Champion
    vCash
    That should read " I am not in favour of any formal organisation called the Sea of Blue"

Apprentice
    vCash
    To have your posts removed by moderators to suit the opinion of themselves is very disappointing

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No personal attacks then....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    No personal attacks then....
    So why is "dipstick" OK then?

Player
    vCash
    When I looked at the aerial photos of the several thousand people who turned up for the Save The Force rally I thought I saw a sea of blue. Was I mistaken?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I think we should close this thread. Reason A - the arguments being carried are stupid. Reason B - RugbyWA board members have more important things to do than to seek out the 1 or 2 disgruntleds to have a petty argument with. Reason C - Positive and negative views can be shared, it is a forum afterall, but it is not a soapbox so one or two can be enabled into pushing their bullshit year after year. Reason D - We are WA not Sydney. Professional rugby is the end goal. The clubs must work together to support our professional aspirations. Professional rugby supports club rugby by raising the sports profile and commiting to programs like RugbyRoos. Reason E - The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Reason F - More people are jumping on the bandwagon and increasing the silliness but not increasing the substance. Reason G - Trolls are gonna troll, learn to ignore them. Reason H - The sea of blue already underpin grassroots rugby, from driving kids to rugby through to playing Golden Oldies, everyone who loves rugby in WA is the sea of blue.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast