Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Rally

vCash

Blue Rally

I was contacted today to by RugbyWA to organise a Blue Rally in support of our beloved team! People Power got them here ! People Power will ensure they stay! I gave it what time I could to get the ball rolling today! My Boss was not impressed! I had to bring work home! Hence the very late post! I am unable to give it the time commitment organising this that it needs. Can someone please pick up the baton and run with it? I will help all I can! Someone with know how and expertise to get support from as many as possible! It was suggested as soon as possible! A de Ja vu moment! It was Easter Sunday 2005 when the first rally at Subiaco Oval was held! (if my memory serves me correctly) Passionate supporters came from all over the State by train, planes, bus, and automobiles! A repeat gathering is required in our time of need!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Call me please if you can pick up the cause! Or offer any assistance!

Champion
    vCash
    I'd be there but with a baby and a three year old. Trying to organise getting the house is a two hour mission!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Ask them to go to the games and become a member , we need 20,000 at ALL the games!

https://www.westernforce.com.au/memberships

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    So will memberships have an impact or is that just handing money to the ARU to fight legal costs.

Currently still have two gold membership tickets but living in North Queensland, seats have been filled every game though with various friends and family. However the kids don't have membership so could look at something as simple as kids or out of town membership. I have a trip planned and approved to come back in July which will catch the last two home games (not forever because I have hope).

Last edited by sandgroperrugby; 12-04-17 at 17:10.

vCash
    Slight changes to letter to clubs

The Chairman
    XX Rugby Union Club

Western Australia

Dear xxxx

As you are well aware, the Western Force is currently engaged with the ARU to justify their ongoing inclusion in the Super Rugby Competition.
    The Whole Force, a fan support group, is holding a "I am the Western Force" campaign at XXXXX on the xxth of April.

Although comments by the ARU suggest that such action will not sway the decision on which team will be removed, we feel it will

* Encourage supporters to participate in the Own the Force campaign, which may very well have a significant impact on the Force's future
    * Reinforce the Western Force's role in the wider West Australian Rugby Community, both to the ARU and all rugby supporters in Western Australia.

Our vision is to have Western Force squad members standing in front of representatives from each club, with the wider rugby club community behind them, surrounded on the edge by Western Force supporters, our heading will be "I am the Western Force".

Whilst we appreciate that the timing of this event is far from ideal, conflicting as it does with the WARU home and away fixtures, we seek your participation in this event by

1. Encouraging your club members across all teams - Junior, Senior and women's - to attend. Wherever possible we would prefer them to come in your club colours.
    2. Provide a representive from one of your junior, senior and womens teams, dressed in game day kit. These representatives will stand immediately behind the Western Force sqaud members
    3. Provide a well-known club representative to act as club marshall, liaising with event organisers.

The Western Australian Rugby Union has given in-principle support to this, however this is very much a fan-driven initiative.

We would appreciate your club's willingness to participate in this activity no later than the 16th April.

Regards

Comments please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Ask them to go to the games and become a member , we need 20,000 at ALL the games!

https://www.westernforce.com.au/memberships
    There lies the problem! All the people going on about I love rugby, I love the Force but come game day FA show up because the "Force are useless"! "They never win"! Don't these people realise that being a fan is freaking painful you have to take the pain and one day we will start getting those W's but I think we are to late now. I certainly hope not but it doesn't feel good.
    Let's hope we can get a full house next week, we may well do but it will be full of cow bell ringing kiwis but I'll be happy to see them if it just shows the EARU what could happen here.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    OK.. results so far from polls. NIB is the most favoured location. Unless Glory beat Melbourne by 4 goals or more we wont have to worry about Glory games - not sure when there finals season starts.

NIB Stadium 10 50.00%
    Langley park 5 25.00%
    Sir James Mitchell Park 00%
    McGillvray Oval 4 20.00%
    Other 1 5.00%

Date/Time

15th April Morning 1 4.55%
    15th April Afternoon 1 4.55%
    16th April Morning 1 4.55%
    16th April Afternoon 1 4.55%
    22nd April Morning 3 13.64%
    22nd April Afternoon 9 40.91%
    23rd April Morning 2 9.09%
    23rd April Afternoon 4 18.18%

Whilst I initially supported the afternoon of 22nd, I think this has too many risks as it conflicts with local home and away fixtures and ability of clubs to get supporters to the rally. Without that support and numbers, I don't think it will get legs. The risk of going overtime before the game is also a very real one, not to mention player reps from the Force and the clubs will not be available.

Champion
    vCash
    Can I just throw in another option.
    Why not have it in the park across from RugbyWA or even on the grass at the back of the HQ.
    Brings meaning to the reason

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    There lies the problem! All the people going on about I love rugby, I love the Force but come game day FA show up because the "Force are useless"! "They never win"! Don't these people realise that being a fan is freaking painful you have to take the pain and one day we will start getting those W's but I think we are to late now. I certainly hope not but it doesn't feel good.
    Let's hope we can get a full house next week, we may well do but it will be full of cow bell ringing kiwis but I'll be happy to see them if it just shows the EARU what could happen here.
    Doesn't matter who or what they are as long as there is money coming through the gate. Apparently

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    OK.. results so far from polls. NIB is the most favoured location. Unless Glory beat Melbourne by 4 goals or more we wont have to worry about Glory games - not sure when there finals season starts.

NIB Stadium 10 50.00%
    Langley park 5 25.00%
    Sir James Mitchell Park 00%
    McGillvray Oval 4 20.00%
    Other 1 5.00%

Date/Time

15th April Morning 1 4.55%
    15th April Afternoon 1 4.55%
    16th April Morning 1 4.55%
    16th April Afternoon 1 4.55%
    22nd April Morning 3 13.64%
    22nd April Afternoon 9 40.91%
    23rd April Morning 2 9.09%
    23rd April Afternoon 4 18.18%

Whilst I initially supported the afternoon of 22nd, I think this has too many risks as it conflicts with local home and away fixtures and ability of clubs to get supporters to the rally. Without that support and numbers, I don't think it will get legs. The risk of going overtime before the game is also a very real one, not to mention player reps from the Force and the clubs will not be available.
    RWA needs to fixture club rugby for the Sunday 23rd so clubbies can get along to the match. No reason why this can't be done, needs to happen.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Obviously no Mormons at Wests then ...

Champion
    vCash
    Nah got rid of them ,no sense if they can't play grand final rugby on a Sunday, you know how it is, on reflection disregard that last bit because you wouldn't know how it is.

Anyhow this is a controllable situation where club's can get 1st grade and reserve grade done and dusted on a Friday night at clubs that have lighting to the required level and play other grades on the Saturday. Alternatively everyone play's on the Sunday.

Have the match of the round as a curtain raiser, lot's of options, needs to happen.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Can I just throw in another option.
    Why not have it in the park across from RugbyWA or even on the grass at the back of the HQ.
    Brings meaning to the reason
    I was thinking that too but looking on google maps the ground looks a tad small if we get anything over a couple of thousand

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    No, you're right Westie, we've never had a Mormon player, now you mention it....

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast