Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Western Force Memberships Open

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    I dont see any contradiction in those two quotes.
    It's a direct contradiction - one says RugbyWA is completely separate from the Western Force and the other says their staff are working for the Western Force.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    It's a direct contradiction - one says RugbyWA is completely separate from the Western Force and the other says their staff are working for the Western Force.
    Things may be blurred, but I don't see the contradiction either.
    First quote states what they have access to, what they had a say in , and what they are responsible for.
    Second quote says they are also doing work for Western Force - but nothing about what they have access to, what they have input into or what they are responsible for.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Why are West Australian Rugby clubs paying (through their subscriptions to RugbyWA) for staff to help run a private business concern of Mr Forrest's?

The local competition is a complete and unmitigated disaster, there are not enough staff members to even post tournament scores, (four of them, by Hansie's own admission) yet RugbyWA provides charitable hand outs to billionaires?

Who do they think they are, the Liberal Party?

vCash
    I feel like you're hair splitting there.

Are you trying to achieve something positive with that statment or looking for a reason to be cranky?

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

Who do they think they are, the Liberal Party?
    If they were the conservative party (It gals me calling them liberal.. and don't start with the small "L" stuff) they'd be building some super expensive roads that their buddies with trucking companies can get busy with..

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    I feel like you're hair splitting there.

Are you trying to achieve something positive with that statment or looking for a reason to be cranky?
    I want to know if resources are being taken from the club game to benefit the professional game. If RugbyWA staff, who as Alison correctly pointed out are responsible for the local game, are struggling because they have been seconded into the professional side of the game, then surely that is detrimental to the local game (not to mention the staff themselves).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Please clarify this question???? This yr RWA have loaned the IP and right of the Western Force to Mindaroo.. ??? so every cent we pay in memberships can not be in any way be taken from RWA and given to RA ????
    Every cent we pay will go to Minderoo for the running of the Western Force. Nothing at all goes to RA.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Every cent we pay will go to Minderoo for the running of the Western Force. Nothing at all goes to RA.
    QUE???!!

vCash
    I want to know if resources are being taken from the club game to benefit the professional game. If RugbyWA staff, who as Alison correctly pointed out are responsible for the local game, are struggling because they have been seconded into the professional side of the game, then surely that is detrimental to the local game (not to mention the staff themselves).
    Absolutely no resources are being taken from the amateur game to fund the professional game. In fact it’s the other way around as without Minderoo’s financial help, RugbyWA would have gone into liquidation at the back end of last year when the ARU insisted on us paying their legal bill following the costs order against us. The RugbyWA staff who have been helping out with getting the new Force up and running are those in a general administrative role, like the communications officer for example, and certainly not those who are involved in running the amateur game and competitions.

When I made my comment in defence of the RWA staff the other day, it was in response to comments about the Swan River 10s comp not having been well advertised by RWA. My apologies for the confusion and for causing unnecessary angst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    QUE???!!
    I’m not with you. What isn’t clear? The $100 membership fee paid to join the new Force goes to the organisation that is running the new Force. Rugby Australia isn’t part of the picture insofar as the invitational games that have been organised for this year. What am I missing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Absolutely no resources are being taken from the amateur game to fund the professional game. In fact it’s the other way around as without Minderoo’s financial help, RugbyWA would have gone into liquidation at the back end of last year when the ARU insisted on us paying their legal bill following the costs order against us. The RugbyWA staff who have been helping out with getting the new Force up and running are those in a general administrative role, like the communications officer for example, and certainly not those who are involved in running the amateur game and competitions.

When I made my comment in defence of the RWA staff the other day, it was in response to comments about the Swan River 10s comp not having been well advertised by RWA. My apologies for the confusion and for causing unnecessary angst.
    Thanks Alison.

vCash
    Member 1670 (last night)

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    1729 (just now)

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    I dont really understand the whinging around that RugbyWA is providing services to Minderoo as a part of their partnership. Minderoo is doing so, so much for rugby in this state. The elephant in the room is that Twiggy has no obligation whatsoever to get involved but did so anyways. Lets look at some of the things Minderoo are bringing to the table.
    1 - Minderoo is sharing RugbyWA headquarters. This includes paying the rent on the facility which if i remember correctly is $360 000 a year. That is already over 10 times what any premier grade club is paying in team fees.
    2 - RugbyRoos. Minderoo is paying for the Western Force players to spend 350 hrs each towards development for 4yr olds to 12 yr olds to get into rugby and develop a life long passion for the game.
    3 - Future Force Foundation. Again another development program to take the most promising local playsrs and expose them to high performance pathways. Last i heard, a Future Force contract was worth about $40 000 a year per player. 30 players in the Future Force comes to a cost of $1.2 million for the year.
    4 - A direct cash injection into RugbyWA of $2 million to help them get back on their feet after Voluntary Administration.
    5 - Resurrecting the Western Force. Recruiting a new team ain't cheap.
    6 - Organising the World Series Rugby invitation matches. Again, it isnt cheap paying the appearance fees of these other teams to come to Perth.
    7 - Organising and Setting up the IPRC. Again, not a cheap thing to do.
    8 - Minderoo have committed to investing $100 million a year over 10 years into Rugby.

So before you piss and moan about where your $300 fees go, of which $115 goes to insurance leaving $185 for your club to operate and pay RugbyWA team rego fees, howabouts we actually recognize what Minderoo is trying to do for the whole rugby community. Also, before calling the new competition structure a disaster please remember this, the new structure allows for junior clubs to follow the senior clubs and play at the same grounds. Afterall, a replacement venue for Brittainia in Leederville has not been found or announced to my knowledge. Travelling with the senior club is a logical solution. Hiccups will occur but long term is a decent solution.

So, if RugbyWA providing a few contacts to Minderoo or doing some data entry or whatever is a huge issue for you, please keep in mind the hundreds of millions of dollars they are spending to benefit WA rugby into the future. It is certainly a much bigger contribution then a couple of forum commentators are making.

15 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Exactly Kalahard, I really can't understand where all this petty bitching & moaning is coming from. If Twiggy had walked away after the murder of the Force we would be back in the Rugby wilderness with nothing to look forward to.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast