Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Western Force Players in Trial clash

vCash
    Almost as soon as Deegan was signed by the Force, there were people in NSW talking about him being the next 10 for the Waratahs. They let him go, FFS!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I might have to go to that trial game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Being as fair as I can, there are boy sin the current Force squad who aren't up to the level of the Superficial Rugby teams right now. Deegan isn't one of them. I think anybody who has genuine interest shown by the wankers on the East Coast should be put straight to the top of Twiggy's must keep list.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    We knew this was likely to happen, the minute some talent is coming through the pariahs will want to start picking over our team again. I hope we can at least retain them for a good while.

vCash
    I hope Twiggy has earmarked some of the money he was going to throw at the ARU to save the Force so that he can now offer sufficient money to players like Deegan, who are on the bloodsuckers' radar.

I would be happy for us to pay over market value if it included an FURA component.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I hope Twiggy has earmarked some of the money he was going to throw at the ARU to save the Force so that he can now offer sufficient money to players like Deegan, who are on the bloodsuckers' radar.

I would be happy for us to pay over market value if it included an FURA component.
    If he has a contract for next season ask for a transfer fee.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    So ... from club rugby in Mandurah to Nedlands, to Force recognition and WSR ... to exposure at International rugby.

Is that what they call a pathway ?

I understand the detestable acts of many on the East Coast have had their impacts but this is good news.
    They'll be Juniors down there playing for TRAV MAC cup with the knowledge that there is a pathway after all.

No pleasing some that's for sure ... but seeing boys from the West playing at Intl level is positive, completely positive.

Congrats. Well done, they put in some hard work and it's paid off ...

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit." - Jean-Pierre Rives

vCash
    I wonder why just Deegan and Ferris, though. I'd have said Alcock and Prior have been just as impressive. If it's their age, then Prior is younger than Mick Snowden, and demonstrably better, so a much more useful 'probable'.

And Alcock is only 30, the Reds have been playing with a 37 year old in the back row.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I wonder why just Deegan and Ferris, though. I'd have said Alcock and Prior have been just as impressive. If it's their age, then Prior is younger than Mick Snowden, and demonstrably better, so a much more useful 'probable'.

And Alcock is only 30, the Reds have been playing with a 37 year old in the back row.
    Prior is the second best 9 in Australia, can cover 10 and kicks goals he should be in the Wallaby squad.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos2012 View Post
    That would be a good result for him and WSR. Proves our point that heaps of talent has walked or been pushed away. I reckon he has been a standout and deserves a crack at the big time.
    Its a good result and shows there is a pathway if he stays with us. He can get a crack at the big time without going to a SR team. I thought that what WSR was all about not arrogant Eastern states teams thinking they can take our players as soon as we identify their talent which was overlooked by SR teams!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    We knew this was likely to happen, the minute some talent is coming through the pariahs will want to start picking over our team again. I hope we can at least retain them for a good while.
    Think you might need to look up the definition of pariah again love 😂😂😂

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    So ... from club rugby in Mandurah to Nedlands, to Force recognition and WSR ... to exposure at International rugby.

Is that what they call a pathway ?

I understand the detestable acts of many on the East Coast have had their impacts but this is good news.
    They'll be Juniors down there playing for TRAV MAC cup with the knowledge that there is a pathway after all.

No pleasing some that's for sure ... but seeing boys from the West playing at Intl level is positive, completely positive.

Congrats. Well done, they put in some hard work and it's paid off ...
    Very well said mate.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    Its a good result and shows there is a pathway if he stays with us. He can get a crack at the big time without going to a SR team. I thought that what WSR was all about not arrogant Eastern states teams thinking they can take our players as soon as we identify their talent which was overlooked by SR teams!
    There is a great sense of ownership over this young man from Sydney from certain people in Western Australia. Which is as equally puzzling as it is amusing. Especially the great use of "we" unless this is Mrs Hodgson (which based on her facebook activity, it would not surprise me) and you assisted your husband in talent identification in this particular case?

He was contracted as an EPS member of the Waratahs, but looks like he decided to take Forrest's blood money, and the opportunity to get noticed/more game time. Which has clearly worked, so good on him, I'm sure he'd jump at the first chance to play Super Rugby, and he has the Western Force to be thankful for that.

To round up. His talent was recognised by the Waratahs, it was the Force who scouted him from NRC/NSW Country Eagles and poached him from the Waratahs. Stop being such a whinging hypocrite and enjoy your rugby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMaynes View Post
    Think you might need to look up the definition of pariah again love 😂😂😂
    And?.......... dear

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    And?.......... dear
    The point being, you shouldn't use words that you don't understand, as it undermines your 'argument' darl.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast