Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Alan Jones thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    I continue to have difficulty reconciling the information presented in Nick Taylor's articles with the information presented under oath at the Senate Inquiry.
    The information that Taylor obtained after the Senate Hearings?

The minutes in Submission 13 just highlighted that last year was a waste of time they had already decided two years to go cut a team.

'4. Finally Mr Clarke went to great pains to advise the enquiry today that Lavan Legal under
    Rugby WA direction wrote the very Alliance Agreement that provided the avenue for the
    ARU to cut the Force yet he omitted to clarify that the ARU in a revised draft provided the
    precise wording that was later utilised to define their legal position to terminate the
    Alliance and hence remove the Western Force from the Super Rugby competition'

What a doozy

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Peop answering at an inquiry are not sworn IIRC. But they can be found in contempt. Don't know how that pans out.
    It's baffling that someone with AJ's profile and connectionss plus the allegations of impropriety, can't get any traction on dismissing the board. Only one reason makes sense. Self interest.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I'm just slightly concerned what happens if the RA dont approve WSR?
    Have we got a plan B in place? Talk was of basing it off shore but that wont be easy to do quickly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    I'm just slightly concerned what happens if the RA dont approve WSR?
    Have we got a plan B in place? Talk was of basing it off shore but that wont be easy to do quickly
    I would think plan B is probably already set up with only a switch to be flicked.

Or to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised being based overseas is now the preferred option. There is likely to be significant benefits from World Rugby/Base Country to do it that way and would further the view it is an Asian comp not just an Australian Comp. Plus without the need to deal with the shite over East.

I couldn't give a toss where head office is based as long as the management structure stays true to the original ideals.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I couldn't give a toss where head office is based as long as the management structure stays true to the original ideals.
    Hear hear

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Just a quick question for everyone.

Maybe I have this information wrong.

When John Welborn provided evidence to the Senate Enquiry. I thought he said that Andrew Forrest offered the ARU $70Million.

Yet everyone (Allan Jones, Nick Taylor, dodgy eastern states Journos, TWF faithful) all say $50Million.

Did I dream the $70Million figure? Have I finally lost it?

Does anyone have access to the John Welborn transcript to check?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    One might suggest that locating it somewhere with a generous tax treatment and well outside the possibility of RA trying some sort of political BS power play wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    One might suggest that locating it somewhere with a generous tax treatment and well outside the possibility of RA trying some sort of political BS power play wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
    If an Australian Team - Western Force - is going to be involved with WSR. I think RA has to be involved.

That's how World Rugby works.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Just a quick question for everyone. Maybe I have this information wrong. When John Welborn provided evidence to the Senate Enquiry. I thought he said that Andrew Forrest offered the ARU $70Million. Yet everyone (Allan Jones, Nick Taylor, dodgy eastern states Journos, TWF faithful) all say $50Million. Did I dream the $70Million figure? Have I finally lost it? Does anyone have access to the John Welborn transcript to check?
    I was there (don't tell my boss I was "sick) The mayor sat next to me for a bit... 70mill was the figure. I believe he went with a commitment that 50 mill would be enough, but when he didn't come with it in a briefcase to go to Clyne with no questions asked he was told it'd need to be" well north of 100 million" (Pulver) The 50 million would have been needed to pay off Clyne mates in Melbourne, compensating them for losing a team that they had been told was safe. When twiggy offered to pay it into a future fund that Clyne didn't control and would have seen the money actually go to grass roots, the door was slammed in his face. There is still no mention of how much money sanzaar forwarded to ra so they would assassinate one of their own.

C'mon the

vCash
    IIRC there was a phone conversation between Clyne and the Sydney based WA board member the weekend before the Adelaide farce. I think the 70 mil was what Clyne said the price of a Force reprieve would be, thinking that would be out of the ball park. AF called his bluff and agreed. Of course the dirty financial dealings were already in motion and that's the real reason AF's generosity was too late.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I would have loved to have seen the faces on those RA Board members when Clyne walked back in to the board room the next day & tried to explain how he seriously f##**d that one up!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    If an Australian Team - Western Force - is going to be involved with WSR. I think RA has to be involved.
    They might have to approve the involvement, but I was thinking more in terms of trying to leverage themselves into a position to control the competition. That would be much harder if the competition wasn't domiciled in Australia.

Champion
    vCash

When John Welborn provided evidence to the Senate Enquiry. I thought he said that Andrew Forrest offered the ARU $70Million.

Yet everyone (Allan Jones, Nick Taylor, dodgy eastern states Journos, TWF faithful) all say $50Million.

From Nick Taylor stories - $70 million
    How Andrew ‘Twiggy’ Forrest resurrected the Western Force
    Nick Taylor PerthNow
    April 29, 2018 10:00PM
    The Lazarus-like survival of the Western Force becomes a reality this Friday when the WA club makes its debut in a new competition. The man behind the resurrection, Andrew Forrest, today reveals to Nick Taylor the inside story on how he was able to keep rugby alive in WA

RUGBY Australia clearly had no idea what they were about to unleash when they kicked over the hornet’s nest that is Andrew Forrest.
    Whether it was arrogance or downright stupidity to refuse his mind-blowing offer to pour $70 million into the RA purse to save Western Force from their Super Rugby axe will only ever be known to them.
    But on neutral territory in Adelaide last August that is exactly what Cameron Clyne, chairman of cash-strapped RA, former Wallaby captain John Eales and fellow board member Brett Robinson did.
    They snubbed the WA mining magnate.
    He was not happy and not about to take it lying down.

Inquiry hears Andrew Forrest called ARU’s bluff
    Nick Taylor The West Australian
    Wednesday, 11 October 2017 7:18PM

Mining magnate Andrew Forrest called the Australian Rugby Union’s board's bluff when they said they would save the Western Force and resign if he pumped $70 million into the sport.
    He agreed. They backed down.
    Details of the demands were revealed for the first time during Wednesday’s senate inquiry into the future of rugby in Australia.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    The likes of Izzy, Hoops, Dane, Beale will stay at Australian clubs for 2019 to play World Cup - but in 2020? No Salary Cap at World Series... what if these guys were offered 3 times as much?
    Bye Bye Super Rugby...
    Yeah, but why pick a fight? Do we really want or care about having the likes of Israel Folau playing for the Western Force, or would we be better developing our own players? Let the ARU have discussions about whether this or that is at a higher standard, I'm loving WSR and don't really care what they think. As far I'm concerned the ARU can keep Super Rugby, let's do our own thing in WA and the Asia Pacific region - with or without them.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

All the transcripts are still up on the Inquiry website under their respective hearings.

Pity Jones' article was publish too late for him to hammer the RA for forking out 1.2 million a year to subsidise Hooper's new contract. More money that won't be going to the grassroots.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast