Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ROUND FOUR METRO RUGBY 2017

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

ROUND FOUR METRO RUGBY 2017

So, to distract ourselves from the anger, angst and despair that is the Super Rugby competition of today, perhaps we can give some analysis to the Metropolitan competition which is set to resume this coming weekend.

Westieman was right in his recent observation that the local comp. was already sorting out the wheat from the chaff after only three rounds.

I fear this will be accentuated even more after the next round.

COTTESLOE v ASSOCIATES

Cottesloe have not endeared themselves to the other clubs by their arrogant, rapacious and cynical poaching of the Rockingham colts, and their inexplicable acquisition of Peter Grant, a Force player who had been destined for Wanneroo, where he was sorely needed. It must be a lesson for other clubs similarly minded, and a source of black satisfaction to others, that the whole colts plot ended as a fiasco, unfortunately also destroying Rockingham's season, and that Grant was not the great hope that Cott expected.

Cott are coming off a huge defeat at the hands of Wests, and Associates had a creditable draw against the Nedlands powerhouse. Associates are fielding an extraordinary array of young, fit, raw talent, courtesy of the Force Academy, and they will surely see Cott off. Associates by 25 points.

KALAMUNDA v NEDLANDS

Kala, like Palmyra, have had a relatively soft draw so far, but will be brought to a shuddering halt by Nedlands.
    Neddies traditionally don't get it all together until after the first few games, and this week they are due to break out. They will have to, to keep within reasonable reach of the teams currently higher on the ladder. Nedlands by 35 points.

PERTH v PALMYRA

Perth shouldn't be underestimated, and you do so at your own peril, both because they always fight it out to the finish, and because the JT Taylor Cup is at stake in this fixture. Having seen both teams play this season, I have to give it to Palmyra because of their greater depth in the higher grades, but also on the results so far. Palmyra by 30 points.

WANNEROO v JOONDALUP

My heart says the Dogs, but my head says Joondalup. Wanneroo will find it hard to regroup after their last encounter with Palmyra, and they will need to find some structure in their game. Joondalup have been impressive in their form against good opposition. Brothers by 35 points.

WESTS v UWA

On present indications this should be a runaway win to Wests, by far the best outfit in the competition. Not even Mitch Hardy could save Uni this time. Wests by 50 plus points.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio can you tell me as I was at another game.
    I was told despite the score the Roo Dogs were very strong at set piece and may have been harshly penalised a few times at the scrum. They were no answer to Paly backs and open play though.

vCash
    I didn't notice Wanneroo being harshly penalized, although when the game is one sided you tend to pay less attention. The Dogs were frustrated, and that could have led to a few infringements which would not normally occur. I would have given the scrum bragging rights slightly to Palmyra, but Wanneroo certainly weren't pushed around.

The difference between the teams that struck me the most was that not only did Pally have ascendancy in the backline, but that Palmyra's forwards were running everywhere in the loose and were always in Wanneroo's face, giving them little room to move, even after successful set pieces.

I heard that Wanneroo had a number of very recently arrived imports playing in their forwards (the referees had some issues about their eligibility to play) and as good as they were, it takes more than one ore two training sessions to gell into a cohesive pack.

Champion
    vCash
    I heard that Wanneroo had a number of very recently arrived imports playing in their forwards (the referees had some issues about their eligibility to play) and as good as they were, it takes more than one ore two training sessions to gell into a cohesive pack.

What's it got to do with the referee?

vCash
    Buggered if I know. They can register the players when they lodge the team sheet, as far as I'm aware.

That's just what I heard. It may have been a throw away comment when the refs met the players before the game. Or he may not have seen them before, and made some comment to ensue everything was covered. Or he may have been concerned that they had been cleared to play by their home unions.

Champion
    vCash
    Still got nothing to do with refs as far I as I know - oh well they do love their power don't they

Champion
    vCash
    Apparently Grant had a car ride teed up with Curtis Rona to head to The Roodogs and for some strange reason it didn't happen.

Cott v Soaks
    Cott are still in touch rugby mode and Soaks will smoke them in a real cripple fight.

Kala v Neddies
    Kala at Kala, everyone's worst nightmare, they are not the basket case some were predicting. Neddies really struggling in a few vital spots. Kala by 4.

Perth v Paly
    The Panasonic Palms will put 60 around a young side still on the rebuild and if they don't I'd be asking WTF happened to the kings ransom they spent.

Wanneroo v Joondalup
    The fiddles will reach a fever pitched crescendo when Bros finally put together a fairly decent 80 minute performance which they have been threatening to do all season.
    Roodog's will compete for 60 minutes ,will then get blown away to lose by 18.

Wests v Scarfies
    The Scarf Draggers by all accounts look a bit gunshy around the contact area and will get a double barrelled shotgun rammed up their orifice on the weekend. Big ask at The Boar Nest at the best of times. Boars by a truckload and some.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Hey Westie, do me a favour and ask any of your boys who'd like a flat screen to contact me.

We need a few more guys to make up the numbers in fourth grade.

Champion
    vCash
    I could be interested, do I need to send my resume and if so it will take a few hours to download

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Yes, with each page marked "This Page Has Been Intentionally Left Blank".

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    By the way westie, a pigs home is usually called a pigpen or a sty, not a nest.

Or do West's boars fly?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    Yes, but only sows about to drop a litter of piglets.

Do sows give birth to 15 at a time? That would explain a lot.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Up to 23 I heard, a few runts for backs...

vCash
    Nah, they grow up to be managers.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast