Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Meakes signs on dotted line as Force shuffle pack

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    This smells like the recruiting policy hasn't changed yet. A bloke who couldn't attract a super rugby contact, goes to England to play second division and gets a chance with the force.

They're still rolling the dice on everybody else's rejects. Cheika hasn't said he wants billy meakes to be eligible for the wallabies, get him back to play the last game.

Its business as usual.

He might be brilliant, and work his way into a gold jersey, but it'll be the DHP method, not the Naiyaravoro pathway.

I'm still not convinced the ARU are providing anything more than a cancellation of debt. Seems like a one sided deal at the moment.
    What sort of players are you expecting them to get for us? The other teams as well need to recruit and there is not much Australian players who are not already contracted. We can't expect miracles to happen. He is young and potentially will be a very good Super Rugby player as he quickly moved from the 2nd Division to move to Gloucester and established himself in the team.

One potential thing that the ARU could do to help is to give us a couple more marquee spots but even that, we would need a lot of cash to fight against the money from the big French clubs.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    This smells like the recruiting policy hasn't changed yet. A bloke who couldn't attract a super rugby contact, goes to England to play second division and gets a chance with the force.

They're still rolling the dice on everybody else's rejects. Cheika hasn't said he wants billy meakes to be eligible for the wallabies, get him back to play the last game.

Its business as usual.

He might be brilliant, and work his way into a gold jersey, but it'll be the DHP method, not the Naiyaravoro pathway.

I'm still not convinced the ARU are providing anything more than a cancellation of debt. Seems like a one sided deal at the moment.

GIGS - with the greatest of respect, I think you are glass half emptying this.

We are the Western Force, that means for some people, we are never going to be a recruiting or a playing for option. For some reason, for some players, Perth is not the go to destination.

The consequence of this is that our recruitment needs to go further then the throwing some dollars at the QLD Reds current Outside Centre or the Tahs First pick No. 8. The Force/ARU High performance unit recruitment team need to think outside the square.

Billy Meakes appears to be something that the Western Force has been lacking for the last 5+ years someone who can break tackles and create opportunities.

Curtis Rona - is a chance because of a previous connection to Perth. There will not be a lot of those connections we can utilize. So we need to grab them when and where we can.

The ARU want and need for the Western Force to be successful - but they have not identified how successful that is. I think that they will be aiming for a win more games than we lose scenario. And they will do it for the least amount of money possible. Anymore than that would be a bonus.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    What money would you put on Quade coming to the Force? I'm thinking that's one of the 'high profile names' that Sinders was alluding to at the captain's run last week.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    well according to Quade Jarrad Hayne is signing with the same club as he is
    so if we get quade (I hope not I prefer Lance) then we get Hayne as well (I also hope not)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    so if we get quade (I hope not I prefer Lance) then we get Hayne as well (I also hope not)
    I hope not too - on both accounts!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Are you referencing their Twitter comments where Hayne said if he beat Quade in a game of FIFA they would both play for the Western Sydney Wanderers?

vCash
    I was looking at an obscure comment quoted on GnG Rugby
    but if that's the case then I can breathe easy

vCash
    I was looking at an obscure comment quoted on GnG Rugby
    but if that's the case then I can breathe easy
    About 1/3 the way down the page.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/jar...9fbe8af1f21912

Unless a Super Rugby side is willing to use one the marquee spots to sign Hayne, he will be playing Rugby overseas or in the NRL next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Are you referencing their Twitter comments where Hayne said if he beat Quade in a game of FIFA they would both play for the Western Sydney Wanderers?
    You mean that's not real?!?!?!?!?!

-_-

Senior Player
    vCash
    Not going to happen but if the ARU did bring Quade and Hayne to the Force it would create a lot of hype around the team, probably result in bigger crowds, other players would be more likely to come here and potentially lead to better results.

I don't see Jono Lance providing any of that. What we have been doing is not working.

vCash
    Yes ex I am glass half empty at the moment, I admit it.

The Reds and the tahs are still the go to destination for big names returning from os and that is the entirety of the problem. Until the ARU can find a way to get, and keep, some genuine talent in the west, we'll always be the waiting room for mediocrity.

C'mon the

vCash
    Appointing a decent coach would be a good start.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes ex I am glass half empty at the moment, I admit it.

The Reds and the tahs are still the go to destination for big names returning from os and that is the entirety of the problem. Until the ARU can find a way to get, and keep, some genuine talent in the west, we'll always be the waiting room for mediocrity.
    I get the feeling the Force/ARU are trying to load up the Force with local people. Just my interpretation from the new signings and players being used recently.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    I get the feeling the Force/ARU are trying to load up the Force with local people. Just my interpretation from the new signings and players being used recently.
    I agree.

I think that the Force/ARU will approach everyone that is available, or is coming available - but the people we are most likely to show an interest will be the ones that already have a connection to the West/Perth.

Haynes and or Quade is a pipe dream - there is no way that we can afford what they are asking.

If only we had a sponsor that sold a fuel additive that was willing to throw money at players that would then make them think that coming to Perth was the greatest idea in the world.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quade Cooper and Jarryd Hayne @ The Force. Reminds me of a Pink Floyd song.
    But I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of people's reasons why they WOULDN'T want them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast