Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: New boss of Rugby Australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    I sure Alison will post something on TWF, but I just saw this on facebook.

Hi all,
    The meeting with Raelene Castle went really well today. Karen and I were able to express freely and frankly (very frankly actually!) the depth of the betrayal, anger and resentment we all feel and we were able to articulate exactly what the Sea of Blue want RA to do if they are to regain the trust that was so spectacularly destroyed last year.

We read out to Raelene many of the heartfelt comments you guys have posted on this page over the last couple of days, and left her in no doubt whatsoever that what we want is our team back and to see the back of Clyne and the rest of the board. I also told her that we are keenly awaiting the outcome of the ASIC inquiry.

All in all, Karen and I were both really encouraged by Raelene’s willingness to listen to everything, and we both felt that she definitely took it all on board and has the potential to be the breath of fresh air that the game so desperately needs. Obviously the proof of the pudding will be in the eating and so we won’t really know how fair dinkum she is until we see some action. That will take a bit of time but until then we feel happy to take her at her word.

And finally, while Karen and I aren’t privy to the details, we can give you a rock solid promise that things are most definitely happening behind the scenes and that exciting news will be coming out very soon. So hang tough Sea of Bluers, there IS light at the end of this tunnel!
    That's good however Raelene is the Queen of mixed messages. As soon as she gets in front of a microphone with the RA sponsors on a backdrop she trots out stubborn messages straight out of de Clyne and Pulver's playbooks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    That makes me feel more hopeful, especially after just seeing this stupid idiot comment on GAGR that just gets the blood boiling again!
    “...except that the Rebels start up was severely hampered by the experience of NSW and Qld (in particular) being raped, when the Force were set up. If the Rebels had initially been allowed to recruit as the Force were, and had been successful, their parlous financial state may not have occurred. A bit like turning down the easy 3 points in game, you lose by two; the successful earlier kick at goal completely changes the whole game dynamic. A successful, well resourced (player wise) early Rebels in the afterglow of RWC 2003 might have made for a financially viable franchise rather than one leaking $$$$. who knows for sure, but it is a distinct possibility.”
    Bloody dumb ass comments!

vCash
    I stay away from posting on that forum as they have more sub forums than the Rebels directors have in unit trusts. Posting comments on their website articles makes more impact.

Swingpass must be a relative of John O'Neill who posted that rubbish. Can't be related to Stone or Gray as they are tied to a different club.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    That's good however Raelene is the Queen of mixed messages. As soon as she gets in front of a microphone with the RA sponsors on a backdrop she trots out stubborn messages straight out of de Clyne and Pulver's playbooks.
    Words are cheap. I can see no sign of action that would justify any confidence. The ARU is a pack of arses and she is simply the new wiper.

vCash
    Thanks JSJ - was just about to copy my FB post to here.

Yes, I was both impressed and encouraged by Raelene. She listened intently, made notes and asked lots of questions. She is a no nonsense operator and comes across as a good deal smarter than Pulver. I told her that we can spot lip service a mile off and that trust could only start to be rebuilt once we see real, tangible action. Until then our jury is out and she will see no support for anything outside of WA.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    To reinforce Ali's points, let me add that she was challenged ( don't you love that word) on her media statements and approval on us being cut. She was told in no uncertain terms that their occupational health policy towards their own employees was disgraceful, she finished up by saying, there may be times we will not like what she says, but we can expect total transparency from her. A number of your quotes and comments were read out and the word Trust was mentioned many many times.

Ali and Karen did you guys proud. Personally I think the cohesion shown between all of us, the clubs, juniors, sea of blue, refs, RugbyWA staff and the board would have to make Ms Castle envious of what we have here.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What will be Castle's action plan?
    Lots of words like telling us to get on with it without any plans for WA rugby to find its feet again. Its like when Clyne and Pulver ensured their was a plan in place for WA rugby, and 6 months later and the plan doesnt exist (just like the infamous spreadsheet), lies and lip service. Yet the South Africans always had a plan to send two teams to the northern hemisphere competitions.

Shows a distinct difference between incompetance (The RA with Clyne, Eales, Pulver and co.) And a governing body looking out for its members (SArugby)

vCash
    I have very little confidence in Raelene especially whilst Clyne is around. She just has the impression of being a Clyne puppet. The only person I have confidence in and who I truely believe has Western Australia's best interest at heart is Twiggy Forrest, and fortunately he has enough money to buy the ARU/RA out 10x over. I know which guy I would prefer to have in my corner.

vCash
    I can only assume after reading castle's press release and comments by Alison and Hansie that castles brief was to dupe the WA public into believing that ra is on our side without providing any physical evidence to support her intention.

Both of you are guys I know and respect, but one who I wasn't in the meeting only sees smoke and mirrors.

If RugbyWA ties itself to force readmission in 2021 without significant reparations prior (and I'm talking in the next month or two) the team will play in front of empty seats.

Castle might have made a believable case, but she's either on our side without any power to effect change or deliberately lying to win you over.

I'll believe anything other than that when I see evidence.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Castle might have made a believable case, but she's either on our side without any power to effect change or deliberately lying to win you over.

This starts with their backing of viable commercial terms for the IPRC.

That means now, before 23 February when Soup Rugby starts on the east coast.

Delay, obfuscate, delay ... manipulate, lie, delay ... has been the RA/ARU's mode of operation.

Time for them to put up or shut up. Don't bother coming back to the west, Raelene, if it's not the first option.

Otherwise the Craypot Bledisloe will end up as a low turnout "blackout" for homesick NZ supporters only ... and maybe that's what she wants.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Thanks JSJ - was just about to copy my FB post to here.

Yes, I was both impressed and encouraged by Raelene. She listened intently, made notes and asked lots of questions. She is a no nonsense operator and comes across as a good deal smarter than Pulver. I told her that we can spot lip service a mile off and that trust could only start to be rebuilt once we see real, tangible action. Until then our jury is out and she will see no support for anything outside of WA.
    Thanks Alison for finding the time to represent us. No doubt you were well prepared and professional as usual, but put the messages across with a touch of genuine emotion. I like your message of hope to us, that there will some more positive announcements coming shortly

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Ali or Hansie; is it possible to comment publicly whether the outright lies told by Clyne & Pulver were acknowledged or even discussed? My personal view is I'll take everything out of Moore Park as further lies/obfuscation/delaying until the IPRC is fully accepted and Wallaby eligible. Or there is a definite statement about reinstatement of the Force.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I can only assume after reading castle's press release and comments by Alison and Hansie that castles brief was to dupe the WA public into believing that ra is on our side without providing any physical evidence to support her intention.

Both of you are guys I know and respect, but one who I wasn't in the meeting only sees smoke and mirrors.

If RugbyWA ties itself to force readmission in 2021 without significant reparations prior (and I'm talking in the next month or two) the team will play in front of empty seats.

I hear you GIGS. And believe me when I say I made it perfectly clear that talk is cheap and what we want is action, not words, not platitudes. She queried what I meant by ‘action’ so I told her that what we want is an elite team back in WA again and that from where we sit, RA’s failure to endorse the IPRC felt like spite, like they were standing in our way just because they could. I also said we want the entire board to be spilled, starting with the Chair.

On a personal note I added that I wanted RA to implement recommendation 6 from the Senate Inquiry, that I was pressing hard for ASIC to investigate, and that I hoped the Senate would institute contempt of Parliament proceedings against Clyne and Pulver for the way they handled themselves during the hearings and for the lies they told at those hearings. Her ears very definitely pricked up at that point and she made detailed notes!

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Ali or Hansie; is it possible to comment publicly whether the outright lies told by Clyne & Pulver were acknowledged or even discussed? My personal view is I'll take everything out of Moore Park as further lies/obfuscation/delaying until the IPRC is fully accepted and Wallaby eligible. Or there is a definite statement about reinstatement of the Force.
    See my post above Shasta. I definitely raised the issue of the lies that were told to the Senate and Raelene most definitely heard it. Obviously she could not comment but I am damn sure from the look on her face that she will be following up on that as soon as she gets back to Sydney.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    To reinforce Ali's points, let me add that she was challenged ( don't you love that word) on her media statements and approval on us being cut. She was told in no uncertain terms that their occupational health policy towards their own employees was disgraceful, she finished up by saying, there may be times we will not like what she says, but we can expect total transparency from her. A number of your quotes and comments were read out and the word Trust was mentioned many many times.
    Hansie et al.

So if we strip back all of Ms Castle's platitudes, cliches and other extraneous statements, we are left with "Nothing to see here. Please move on."?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast