Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Bill Pulver appearing in Perth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Jono you must be joking, Pulver told the world yesterday he had complete faith in the "integrity" of the process they ran!

However, there is plenty to suggest they had us in their sights from the beginning and the process was a sham, one of the key things we hope will come out as part of the Inquiry process. The difficulty will be it may not be clear cut, the ERU will claim they persisted with buying the Rebels as an option until relatively late in the process.

However, to the non-legal mind like mine that line of defence would be completely undone if the Inquiry uncovers that anyone in the ERU assisted with the Rebels being bought by the VRU, or if someone in the ERU was leaking info to the Rebels organisation - interesting avenues for the Inquiry to pursue I suspect! I wonder if either might constitute official corruption.
    Yeah but unfortunately for Pulver I have a Beagle. She will 100% tell me she would never, ever, ever, get into the kitchen bin when i'm not looking

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Wait, you have a talking beagle???

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    However, to the non-legal mind like mine that line of defence would be completely undone if the Inquiry uncovers that anyone in the ERU assisted with the Rebels being bought by the VRU, or if someone in the ERU was leaking info to the Rebels organisation - interesting avenues for the Inquiry to pursue I suspect! I wonder if either might constitute official corruption.
    I would suggest there's plenty came out in that session to conclusively prove that they have failed to meet their own standard (transparency) and therefore the other standards of balanced representation etc would be thrown into question.

I would also consider the protracted campaign of starving the Force into a situation where they have no choice but to ask for money and then use the attached strings as a noose to kill them might fall foul of anti-competition laws.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    My thoughts are currently, if the Rebs werent taking all the money would the Force (let alone any other franchise) needed to ask for a loan?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by F Man View Post
    Wait, you have a talking beagle???
    Limited vocabulary, lots of non-verbals though.

The “f**k you/off/yourself” stare has 100% crossed the species barrier

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    My thoughts are currently, if the Rebs werent taking all the money would the Force (let alone any other franchise) needed to ask for a loan?
    I think we would have, because evidentally the ARU would have pissed any additional money up the wall as opposed to giving a greater share to the club’s; and given Emirates didn’t go from us to the rebels we were still going to lose that sponsorship money which contributes to all the financial troubles initially.

vCash
    Yeah, the other thing Pulver revealed was that we didn't get a fair suck of the sauce bottle....if no rebels to excise the $28m, the Tahrds Reds and Brums would have got a mill each, and Shit Shield $10m

Force would get a kick in the nads and probably a fine and a warning to pick up our performance, as we were shit even WITH the ARU "assistance" of parachuting in Braindead and Foley (sorry forgotten his nickname)....and instead of Folau Hunt and Korobiete we would be given cheapskate Wessels Meekes and Naisarani ...and never a look in at returning players Douglas Huston Quade Huggers Smith Genia etc

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Just preparing a couple of additional things to put to the Senators. Remembering Pulver's inept attempts to limit the scope of questions - referring to the Terms of Reference. I looked back to the first post in this thread. Just to see if he had any grounds for his objections.
    Should have known. As can be seen, the Terms cover every conceivable aspect of this charade and for good measure puts a final Term of "Any other related matters". This bloke really is a dud. No wonder he can't answer questions.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    He is excellent at answering question....if you have something to hide

More slippery than an Eale

vCash
    The ARU's initial submission is now on the inquiry website.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Let's not forget, the money the ARU splurged on the Melbourne Rebels came from Broadcasting Revenue, Sponsors, Ticket sales, Player subscriptions etc. In other words all revenue streams who provide funding on the underlying basis that it goes to BUILD the game, that is for the game of Rugby. The ARU did not get this money from selling buttons, car parts or Ore, they have a moral responsibility to justify to whom and for what they spend "OUR MONEY".

All this commercial in confidence is BullShit and I hope the senators agree and refer this to the ACCC so that commercial in confidence documents can come to the light of day.
    So true and believe it or not When all us western force members paid our fees this yr it went to fund the ARU direct as that was what was on my bank statement.. Thanks Hansie

vCash
    Yeah, fuck that, the new "owners" of the Western Force....who I shelled out to be a member of while underemployed (not on dole) used my money to finance the fucking Rebels!!

Wankers

vCash

ARU turned down bid for Melbourne Rebels that could have saved millions

Player
    vCash
    Come on Bill! Pullver uvver one !!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast