Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Own the Force

vCash
    PEOPLE POWER got us here in the first place.. surely we can get another 400.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Don't worry lads. My letter using examples and photos of junior rugby expansion from the rugby frontier of regional WA warmed the heart of one William Pulver. The Force is saved and Rex can rest once more until the world needs another hero.
    I'm gunna buy a majority share and sort this fucking franchise out

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

Apprentice
    vCash
    Hey guys. Two questions - firstly any updates on whats going on with this? I have been following this forum and the stories pretty closely but it seems to have gone pretty quiet. Any idea when they are planning on collecting or announcing further details i.e. what benefits you get?

Second question is - whats going on with the team store? Can't seem to access any merchandise. Would be interested in perhaps getting a new shirt. Maybe the captains run shirt but can't seem to find anything? Any suggestions? Cheers guys

vCash
    No clue on the ownership front, I think we are just as lost as you are given all the information pointed to the prospectus or whatever you want to call it being out to people who registered by the end of December.

As for the merchandise question I assume that the Force have not got enough of the 2017 gear to put up for retail sale because of theBLK receivership issue.

I did see a few items of 2017 merchandise for sale at Mick Simmons Sport in Sydney last weekend although it was just hats, beanies and training shorts.

Rookie
    vCash
    Just got this email as an update.

I hope the New Year finds you well.

Unfortunately the Christmas period, together with a number of side issues, has slowed down our progress with issuing the prospectus. As explained in our last communication on 13th December, we have to demonstrate to Australian Rugby that this new model developed through Own the Force will be financially independent and a sustainable model into the future. As part of that process we have had to consider a range of financial models and opportunities which has now been completed. Further, a number of sponsorship opportunities have emerged which if successful will go a long way towards demonstrating the financial independence required.

The next step for the RugbyWA board is to finalise the due diligence around the prospectus and have the final independent accountant report issued. We are then required to have Australian Rugby endorse the document which should see the prospectus issued before the end of the of January.

From a team perspective we are well into the pre-season. This week the team is training at Perth Bayswater and Wanneroo and next week heads out on its South West tour. In addition to conducting a number of open training sessions, the team will be running free skill sessions in Mandurah, Rockingham and Bunbury culminating in a match against the Perth Spirit at Busselton at the completion of the Jetty Sevens Saturday 28th January. Please see the below link for all the details.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...gby-south-west

Again, thank you for your patience.

Mark Sinderberry
    Chief Executive RWA/Western Force

vCash
    Yep, got that one too. It piqued my interest when it talked about sponsorship, I wonder if that means we'll have a naming rights sponsor soon.

C'mon the

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I am having a bit of time off work and this is allowing my brain to come up with some conspiracy theories. Having read a couple of articles this week regarding the dropping of one of the Aussie teams, one of the points in favour of the rebels is their private ownership. Not understanding the intricacies of the proposed ownership model for the force could the ARU be dragging it feet over the model so as not to cloud the matter further and allow for easier handling of the downsizing of the Aussie conference.

I may have a sandwich board in the shed with some end of the world prophetisation

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post

I may have a sandwich board in the shed with some end of the world prophetisation
    It should go nicely with your tin foil hat.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I prefer my armadillo helmet for head protection.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I think the pressure should be on Melbourne as well (but let's not forget, I advocate the 5 teams should stay the same)

The brumbies are also a disaster at this stage, despite somehow still managing to score enough Points to be in both games they have played.

If it had to happen, I'd grab one of those to lock, stock and barrel and add it to the other.

The remaining one should get extra support from the ARU, which should be mirrored for the force (as the 2 expansion teams) and, let's face it, the force has only played aussie derbies so far.

But, again, this will fix nothing. The real cancer in this competition is tat south Africa has successfully argued itself into a virtually guaranteed final through the most biased, convoluted and inefficient conference system in world sport.

Why not have 3 conferences of 6 with 3 wildcards into a six team final series.

Why not copy the NFL where the "world championship" is played between two conference winners? (NFC and AFC) if the suffers want to keep their little pnd, filed with the new boys and the kings as lambs to be slaughtered, why not have a final series which pits an SA conference winner against each of the other two? You could rotate it annually and add the wildcards by allowing the second placed team in each conference to play the top team for entry into the inter-conference semi final.

There's so much that can be done to the format to fix the prowl ems, but everybody seems stuck on cutting three teams and going back to 15.if that is the goal, I'd have to suggest last in first out.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think the pressure should be on Melbourne as well (but let's not forget, I advocate the 5 teams should stay the same)

The brumbies are also a disaster at this stage, despite somehow still managing to score enough Points to be in both games they have played.

If it had to happen, I'd grab one of those to lock, stock and barrel and add it to the other.

The remaining one should get extra support from the ARU, which should be mirrored for the force (as the 2 expansion teams) and, let's face it, the force has only played aussie derbies so far.

But, again, this will fix nothing. The real cancer in this competition is tat south Africa has successfully argued itself into a virtually guaranteed final through the most biased, convoluted and inefficient conference system in world sport.

Why not have 3 conferences of 6 with 3 wildcards into a six team final series.

Why not copy the NFL where the "world championship" is played between two conference winners? (NFC and AFC).
    Hate to be pedantic, but I will anyway.

I think you might be mixing up baseball's World Series with the Superbowl.
    Much as we like to take the piss with the "World Series", it's actually not what it seems at first glance. "World" is for the finals series initial sponsor, the New York World newspaper.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    No, I wasn't. I haven't really followed the NFL recently, but there was always a clear impression put across that the competition was the pinnacle of the sport and along with it an assumption that the Superbowl was a world championship of sorts. That being said, the point was more about the structure of the finals series in one of the most successful conference-based sporting competitions in the world. Last time I checked, the sport has two conferences, the NFC and the AFC, each of these are split into North, South, East and West divisions, but the divisions play as essentially separate conferences. that's 8 Conferences.Their playoffs include a wild card entry and teams work towards a divisional playoff, then a conference playoff and finally the superbowl.

The model I was suggesting was something similar, with the teams fighting within their conferences to gain entry into a semi final, the winners of which would go to the grand final.

Logic would suggest that a number of conferences that is a power of 2 would be best for this, so retaining the same structure and rewriting the finals series would get rid of a lot of the confusion. It would also mean that if the Australian conference wanted to run home and away derbies (and they do) it wouldn't impact the others in any way, because the Australian conference is essentially fighting amongst themselves for a single semi final spot.

But that's one of probably several million options that will improve the structure without cutting teams.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    From Brett McKays Twitter.......

Hearing a few whispers about a re-jigged 18 team, 3 conference #SuperRugby. Moondogs to AU, Jaguares to NZ.

Could it work? Enough interest?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post

Hearing a few whispers about a re-jigged 18 team, 3 conference #SuperRugby. Moondogs to AU, Jaguares to NZ.

Reckon that's the best outcome. Sunwolves are a distance away but they are closest to our time zone so it seems logical, with the finalists from each conference playing a couple of matches after being grouped according to finishing position in regular season plus two of the highest finishers on points. If that is the case each conference would be guaranteed a QF at home.

It's natural that when your team is winning it generates more interest from the fanbase, so close matches against other Australian teams would be preferable to 30 point losses to NZ sides every week.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post

I've been shouting that shit for everybody to hear from about 15 seconds after they announced the shambolic disaster that is the current model. I want my consultancy fee!

As long as they fix the draw so that there is a fair representation of all teams playing each other and a meaningful method of getting teams into the finals I think the model is entirely sustainable.

Who would like to see an 8 team final series, with the top team in each conference making the cut, and the next 5 teams on points with home ground advantage calculated solely on points? More finals games, More teams get into the final, If New Zealand are as good as they think they are, they'll be able to have all their teams get in, and the teams that deserve it get home ground advantage. Surely at some point Aussie and Saffer teams will host a final!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast