Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bledisloe match 1 2016

vCash
    I would be quite happy with getting a reaming from the darkness if we were blooding new players in the lead up to the next world cup
    but if we are going to pick players that are supposed to help us win then we aught to look like we are at least going to win.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    In reality there was very little "flooding of the breakdown" by the Wallabies.

The Wallabies averaged 2.2 players in support of the ball carrier (compared to an Aussie SR2016 average of 2.5 players per Attack Ruck.

Involvement in Defence Rucks averaged 1.0 players - compared to an Aussie SR2016 average of 0.8 players.
    In the 1st half of SR2016 all Aussie teams committed >1.0 and up to 1.3 players per Defence Ruck (granted with little success).

The Wallabies effort was certainly well above what was a very poor effort in the RWC final when the Wallabies only averaged 0.4 players per Defence Ruck.

Our defensive skills, strategies and effectiveness were simply poor with 40 missed tackles - 70% tackle effectiveness (All Blacks 90%).

The All Blacks also had 26 Off Loads to the Wallabies 5 OL - a clear intent to keep the ball away from our 3 Back Rowers.

I've yet to collect the ABs Ruck Involvement data but I expect them to show that the ABs were standing off most Defence Rucks with a focus on maintaining their Defensive Line. This in itself would give the appearance of the Wallabies flooding the breakdown.

Pocock earned 7 TOW - at an impressive 1TOW per 3 Defence Ruck Involvements.
    Pocock's Ruck Involvements were 10% above his SR2016 average.

By contrast Hooper earned only the single TOW - 1 TOW per 13 Defence Ruck Involvements.
    Hooper's Ruck Involvements were at his SR2016 average.
    But undoubtedly he was just following coach's orders.

Kuridrani has copped a lot of flack but his game high 17 Tackles (without a miss) don't seem to get much mention. Yes he did have couple of very obvious Handling Errors but his ball carries were more effective than Hooper (who had 3 Handling Errors).

Cheika appears to keep to a pre-determined replacement strategy rather than adapt as the game unfolds.
    I struggle to understand why McCalman was subbed at 60 minutes. It may have been more effective to have a back line of Fardy 6, Pocock 7 and McCalman 8, move Hooper to 12 (where we had a problem and where he's played a lot in club rugby) and let Phipps replace an obviously hurting Genia.
    Love you work, AndrewG.

If I can summarise, Pocock very good, Hooper pretty crap, Kuridrani better than first impressions, but not good at what we expect him to be good at.

Here's a left field suggestion - if Chieka loves Hooper so much, stick him in the centres and leave the forwards work to (real) forwards.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post

Here's a left field suggestion - if Chieka loves Hooper so much, stick him in the centres and leave the forwards work to (real) forwards.
    Agree, agree, agree!! I even saw comments on TW on Sat saying that Hooper should be a bench player as he has the ability to cover for all sorts of centre positions! Agree with that too!

Poey knocks spots of him at 7 and it makes NO sense whatsoever to shuffle the back row just to allow Hooper to keep the No 7 jersey! NSWRU orders??!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well Gits' accountant might. According to Boudjellal Gits is AWL. Grounds for tearing up a contract, probably. I agreed with recalling them for RWC. Not this time - should be blooding talent. Even if it's not actually screaming "Pick Me!!!!" Having said that I admire Giteau's willingness to ignore the pressure and return anyway.
    Actually it's more of a leave without pay situation.
    You'd expect (given that his boss over in frogland is just such a massive bell-end) he won't begin to get paid again until he is able to pass a medical.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by F Man View Post
    Who gives a fuck.
    This is also true.

vCash
    Cheika appears to keep to a pre-determined replacement strategy rather than adapt as the game unfolds.
    I struggle to understand why McCalman was subbed at 60 minutes. It may have been more effective to have a back line of Fardy 6, Pocock 7 and McCalman 8, move Hooper to 12 (where we had a problem and where he's played a lot in club rugby) and let Phipps replace an obviously hurting Genia.

Totally agree with this.. I watched pooper Limping while Big Mac was coming from the field.. New Position for Hooper Left Right out...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Left Field???? I've been calling for that since before the WC!

OK, actually me calling for it to happen is the definition of left field, so carry on!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    That's interesting actually, Cheika is reminding me of Eddie Jones when he had the job. Very pre-determined and no flexibilty with a plan B or plan C

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I don't think personnel is the main problem we've got - it is the coaching. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what our game plan was for that match. We looked aimless in attack and defense, kicked the ball away at every possible opportunity with kicks that seemed to have no tactical advantage and our set piece was a mess.

Cheika has been shown to be a one trick pony that is largely incapable of coming up with alternative strategies. Surprisingly Larkham has also been found wanting as an attack coach and based on our extremely passive defense structure with huge gaps out wide, I think Gray might not be the greatest either.

We can shuffle the cards as much as we want, but if we continue with game strategies like that, we are going to get nowhere besides destroying the confidence of our players.

I'm still spewing about Bealegate and losing McKenzie, because he at least seemed like an astute coach who was able to tailor game plans based on his team's strengths and opponents weaknesses.
    Unfortunately the ARU in their infinite wisdom have Cheika contracted until 2019, so it'll be a horrendous payout that I'm sure they can't afford if they sack him.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    You cannot be serious?

Who would you replace Cheika with?

Last edited by jargan83; 23-08-16 at 10:00.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Who would you replace Cheika with?
    Your baiting me now, that's so easy........Tom Fearn of course

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Your baiting me now, that's so easy........Tom Fearn of course
    Sorry mate, I heard he is running for the General Secretary gig at the UN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Sorry mate, I heard he is running for the General Secretary gig at the UN.
    Groeneng is going to put him in nixons place for the next season of futurama

vCash
    This has been my thoughts. Why is everyone blaming Cheika? Shouldn't Larkham and Grey shoulder as much of the blame?
    And what does this mean for the selection of the next Force coach?
    If he manages to swing the fortunes of the Force around too much is he likely to be stolen by the ARU to coach the Wannabies?
    and if doesn't swing the fortunes of the Force around then why the hell are we hiring him? (or her. I'm not being sexist here. If there's a fantastic female rugby coach out there I'm all for throwing her in the deep end so to speak)

vCash
    I'm preparing myself to be disappointed at the choice made in the new force coach

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast